IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bless 'em. They are having a right ole problem getting their supporters to embrace they way of the world.

At some point, one of them will recognise that their club is serving up a crap product in an equally crap stadium.

Dare say it won't be long before they notice things like the Bears selling an increase in season ticket sales not too dissimilar to their drop in sales, or that the basketball seems to sell out every week as well.

We all laugh at Wally and his 2 year/takeover/fruit market plan, but if he doesn't get that club sold and new people in with genuine money to spend, they are only going in one direction; and that ain't up.

Just need Bristol Sport to get some shuttle busses from Gloucester Road to the Gate for the football like they have done for the rugby previously and kids with no allegiance will be flocking to BS3 and the Fewers will lose another generation of fans - just like when they went to Bath.

My nephews lived next door to that shit pit but I can assure you the only place they had any intention of going to was ashton gate shuttle or no shuttle

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They're at a crossroads. The Jordanians have no inclination to take them forward and aren't going to invest in the training ground let alone a new stadium or a playing budget required to get them promotion. 

The takeover seems imminent and even if this one doesn't materialise I'd be very surprised if Wael & co are still in charge come this time next year. 

article-1388452-0C2265FB00000578-751_233x423.jpg

Not getting ahead of themselves on the stadium of shite or nothing mind...

Singupgas said :

"Things i want: 

Not to be a stadium that is an identibuild bowl - something like the Etihad on a smaller scale would be nice. 
Big Screens outside and inside.
Speakers outside and the ground
Big Bar Areas which have some character to them - not 
Decent club shop
Food stand that always have pasties
Quality sound system
Nice perimeter - statues of gas legends, trees, benches "

7 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Singupgas said :

"Things i want: 

Not to be a stadium that is an identibuild bowl - something like the Etihad on a smaller scale would be nice "

They’ll end up with the mem on a bigger scale. 

14 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Singupgas said :

"Things i want: 

Not to be a stadium that is an identibuild bowl - something like the Etihad on a smaller scale would be nice. 
Decent club shop
Quality sound system

Isnt that a description of Ashton Gate?

• Like 2

I think their new ground won't be four traditional tenty shaped canvas clad stands after all.

An insider said it will be made of traditional materials befitting our long hstorical heritage, it won't have any corners, it will be pot shaped and made out of tin.

• Haha 8

26 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Singupgas said :

"Things i want: 

Decent club shop
Quality sound system

So they basically want Ashton Gate..!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Not going to happen 

As weal wants to keep a loge percent of club 

I was told he wants 10%, the new people want them completely gone though. Hopefully he will drag his heels and they will just disappear - the same then happens as the UWE, all his own doing, with no negotiations on his part.

I still don't understand why this consortium just don't buy the Fruit Market and build houses on it and make their money and walk away. With the losses the club are making now, they won't be changing that side of things into profit in the near future. It just doesn't make sense to me.

42 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I still don't understand why this consortium just don't buy the Fruit Market and build houses on it and make their money and walk away. With the losses the club are making now, they won't be changing that side of things into profit in the near future. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I said similar: why on a very limited site would you set aside the majority of the land for a use that will make you no profit and instead lose anything from £1m to £3m a year?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I said similar: why on a very limited site would you set aside the majority of the land for a use that will make you no profit and instead lose anything from £1m to £3m a year?

Let's say they can build it in 5 years. Cost of Stadium £50 million, the post reporting they have offered in excess of £20 million for the land - doubt they will get it for their first offer? So say they do get it for £30 million. The club are £20 mill in debt and will have 5 years of debt which is running at £3 million per year. So in 5 years they will owe the consortium £115 million minus whatever they take off the debt for the cost of the Mem. So approx £100 million in the hole and that is without spending any money on new players, Mem, Training ground etc etc. Assuming they will be developing the Mem for housing that will be even more money out of their pockets as well.

Obviously not that simple but when and how do they get all their money back? Along with possible investing in a club which has poor support and will be lucky to still be in League One in 5 years, if they get relegated the attendances will fall again adding even more debt.

47 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Let's say they can build it in 5 years. Cost of Stadium £50 million, the post reporting they have offered in excess of £20 million for the land - doubt they will get it for their first offer? So say they do get it for £30 million. The club are £20 mill in debt and will have 5 years of debt which is running at £3 million per year. So in 5 years they will owe the consortium £115 million minus whatever they take off the debt for the cost of the Mem. So approx £100 million in the hole and that is without spending any money on new players, Mem, Training ground etc etc. Assuming they will be developing the Mem for housing that will be even more money out of their pockets as well.

Obviously not that simple but when and how do they get all their money back? Along with possible investing in a club which has poor support and will be lucky to still be in League One in 5 years, if they get relegated the attendances will fall again adding even more debt.

It doesn't work.

Buying Rovers off Higgs only worked on the basis of a quick win with the UWE being built, sell the Memorial Ground for housing, pocket that money, sell the club on but now playing in the UWE stadium.

As soon as UWE failed - possibly with the UWE team playing hardball because they knew the AQs were in it for a short term profit - that was it.  You then have a loss making lemon on your hands with the only way to salvage anything being to secure your debts against the ground and look for a sale.

The quick profit has gone but you do at least stand a chance of getting your money back as long as you can sell before the debt less the assets exceeds the price that anyone would pay for a L1 club with average support.

At 30 June 2018 net liabilities were £13m; allow a (generous) £15m ulpift for the ground and you have £2m of assets.

If they could have sold the club then for £6m (IIRC what they paid) then that's their money back.

At 30 June 2019 you have -£1m of assets, somebody may pay £6m and that's their money back.

At 30 June 2020 -£4m of assets, is somebody still going to pay £6m?  It's looking increasingly unlikely by this stage.

And into 2020/21 the further money covering the losses is effectively lost.

I would say that they have about a year in which to sell or they are going to have start writing down their investment in BRFC by £3m a year or sell the ground and take whatever offer comes in for the club; effectively giving it away.

7 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

If you need cheering up, have a read of this thread (about the low crowd and reasons why it was low) comedy gold!

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14848/attendance-shoot-foot?page=1

To be fair it appears the penny has finally dropped. Wouldn't be surprised for their attendances to hit sub 6k in the near future as opinions on gas chat are not exactly an endorsement of a club coming for us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

To be fair it appears the penny has finally dropped. Wouldn't be surprised for their attendances to hit sub 6k in the near future as opinions on gas chat are not exactly an endorsement of a club coming for us

I see one poster said they are miles behind us on and off the pitch and yet he hasn't been banned for being a Sh1thead. Has freedom of speech broken out over there or are their Mods getting a bit sloppy?

14 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I see one poster said they are miles behind us on and off the pitch and yet he hasn't been banned for being a Sh1thead. Has freedom of speech broken out over there or are their Mods getting a bit sloppy?

I think reality is slowly sinking in.

3 minutes ago, boatman said:

It’s just plainly odd,

They are seriously saying that some won’t came as they cannot pay cash on the tutndtulr.

? Oh I just love them sometimes. So one guy reckons 10-15% didn't turn up ? So the really passionate fanbase can't be ****** to phone up or walk down to the stadium ticket office. The depth of delusion gets worse every season with them lot. 

The one that gets me is when they call us fickle.....us? Wow hypocrisy at its finest !

34 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It's the Mods sisters who are sloppy

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

? Oh I just love them sometimes. So one guy reckons 10-15% didn't turn up ? So the really passionate fanbase can't be ****** to phone up or walk down to the stadium ticket office. The depth of delusion gets worse every season with them lot. 

The one that gets me is when they call us fickle.....us? Wow hypocrisy at its finest !

Hey, let them have the imaginary extra 15% - and bask in the glory of that still only giving them 8k home supporters for the first home game of the season..! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chinapig said:

I think most rovers fans with any sense will openly admit we are absolutely light years ahead in every department on and off the pitch . You only have to look at what we have spent this summer to see the gap between the 2 clubs ,and to be totally honest I can’t see the gap getting any closer in near future 

8 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Excuses, excuses, excuses. It seems none of them have a smartphone to just use the QR code, or indeed any friends or family who have a thing called a printer to print a ticket at home/work for them. Regardless of that one poster says he went straight to the ticket office and straight through the turnstiles because there weren't any queues!!

"If they play on the streets we will watch them from the pavement" - Loyal and true......