IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, BS3City said:

You can call me fat, bald, old, ugly or lazy. In fact I've been called most things over the years which has never really fazed me.

However on this occasion Southport Red you have touched a nerve with this most heinous of insults...

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. 

Fat, bald, old, ugly, lazy, the clues are there. 

Definitely a sag ?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

D o you own an anorak?

This is my first car. Do you know what it is?

3F636E1E-C906-4564-BB93-0DE5D9931FE2.jpeg

A40 Somerset? … (or similar) a neighbour had one when I was a kid..

My 1st funnily enough was also an Austin A40 (farina) in Red n Black (paid £40 for it in '73 was already an old banger but I loved it! :laugh:)  

(Austin loved their 'counties' though, Devons, Dorsets, Somersets, and gawd knows what others, then the University towns, Austin's Cambridges, Morris's Oxfords Winchesters etc...  British car industry brilliant for all its faults)

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

A40 Somerset? … (or similar) a neighbour had one when I was a kid..

My 1st funnily enough was also an Austin A40 (farina) in Red n Black (paid £40 for it in '73 was already an old banger but I loved it! :laugh:)  

(Austin loved their 'counties' though, Devons, Dorsets, Somersets, and gawd knows what others, then the University towns, Austin's Cambridges, Morris's Oxfords Winchesters etc...  British car industry brilliant for all its faults)

Don't forget Hillman, my old man had a Husky followed by a Super Minx - had a hell of a kick back when starting it on the crank handle.

And Triumph, I had a Dolomite Sprint and followed that up with a Stag - both blew head gaskets twice. Loved both of them though. But the love of my life was my first motor, a Lambretta Li150 which got me and my Mrs to Weymouth and back on many occasions.

Back on topic, that memorial "stadium" looks like a tinpot shower of shite which belongs a few tiers down in the football pyramid. Its shockingly bad for a football league club. How much is a bit of paint FFS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redstoke said:

Had to call in to Chernobyl earlier this week on work duty, plastic chairs and santas grottos aside, check out this beauty..wtf !!!! ??

20190816_204207.jpg

Very welcoming. All that's missing is a dirty great padlock and a note from the official receiver.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Don't forget Hillman, my old man had a Husky followed by a Super Minx - had a hell of a kick back when starting it on the crank handle.

And Triumph, I had a Dolomite Sprint and followed that up with a Stag - both blew head gaskets twice. Loved both of them though. But the love of my life was my first motor, a Lambretta Li150 which got me and my Mrs to Weymouth and back on many occasions.

Back on topic, that memorial "stadium" looks like a tinpot shower of shite which belongs a few tiers down in the football pyramid. Its shockingly bad for a football league club. How much is a bit of paint FFS.

I had 2 Triumph Heralds, 1 Vitesse and a Mk1 Morris Cooper 1275S (not all at same time). Also started out with a popsicle purple Yam FS1E.

Put a Mk3 Spit engine in one Herald, and it was pretty quick.

Wish I kept the Cooper and the Fizz.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I had 2 Triumph Heralds, 1 Vitesse and a Mk1 Morris Cooper 1275S (not all at same time). Also started out with a popsicle purple Yam FS1E.

8 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

My first was a "box" Viva held together by string and rust...........go through a puddle, passenger had to lift their feet up, but it was mine !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

.......But the love of my life was my first motor, a Lambretta Li150 which got me and my Mrs to Weymouth and back on many occasions.

Mods were either  Lambretta or Vespa fans. I had a Vespa Sportique which was a strange design as the engine was fitted on one side of the frame and not in the middle.  Hardly ideal for stability, but it still got me (same as you) to Weymouth and Torquay many times. The misc chrome mirrors, crash bars and racks were probably worth more than the Vespa. This has nothing to do with Rovers, but it’s more fun than thinking about them and their tent based ground 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Flounder said:

Anorak alert ? it’s an Austin Somerset A40. As owned by my Grandfather.

Owned by your grandfather! That’s ruined my day as it makes me realise how old I am. I take consolation from the slogan I saw on a tee shirt - “I may be old but at least I saw all the best bands”

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

The doors on my first Herald often flew open when taking sharp turns!

Common trait I believe. We had a 13/60, which did the same. Brilliant motor, I loved it. Walnut dash, leather seats, wood and wire steering wheel. And core plugs that would pop out at random times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

@Mike Hunt-HertzI too started off with a green Triumph Herald. Cracking little motor. Then got a 1600E. Found out it was 2 cars welded together. Pulled away sharpish from the lights at the top of Winterstoke Road and the drivers seat fixing bolts came away and I ended up on the back seat, frantically scrambling back to try and stop the car from going into the boozer opposite. They don't make 'em like that anymore!

Prior to that had a Garelli Tiger Cross. My dad worked at Rolls Royce and re-bored the piston, it went like shit off a shovel. That got nicked from Filton Technical College the day I put a Gert big chain on it for security.

FTG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2