IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

36 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Owned by your grandfather! That’s ruined my day as it makes me realise how old I am. I take consolation from the slogan I saw on a tee shirt - “I may be old but at least I saw all the best bands”

He bought it from new and drove it until he died. Never went on the Motorway. He always pulled away in Second gear as there was no Syncromesh between first and second. The car was in show room condition until the end. My highlight as a child was indicators that flipped out from the door pillar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I had 2 Triumph Heralds, 1 Vitesse and a Mk1 Morris Cooper 1275S (not all at same time). Also started out with a popsicle purple Yam FS1E.

Put a Mk3 Spit engine in one Herald, and it was pretty quick.

Wish I kept the Cooper and the Fizz.

A decent fizzy is worth upwards of £5,000. but I have seen them on sale if they still have the pedals and in mint condition for £10,000. If only we knew then what we know now.

Edited by pillred
Ammend detail
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flounder said:

He bought it from new and drove it until he died. Never went on the Motorway. He always pulled away in Second gear as there was no Syncromesh between first and second. The car was in show room condition until the end. My highlight as a child was indicators that flipped out from the door pillar.

Trafficators!

Trafficator.jpg

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, freezer said:

@Mike Hunt-HertzI too started off with a green Triumph Herald. Cracking little motor. Then got a 1600E. Found out it was 2 cars welded together. Pulled away sharpish from the lights at the top of Winterstoke Road and the drivers seat fixing bolts came away and I ended up on the back seat, frantically scrambling back to try and stop the car from going into the boozer opposite. They don't make 'em like that anymore!

Prior to that had a Garelli Tiger Cross. My dad worked at Rolls Royce and re-bored the piston, it went like shit off a shovel. That got nicked from Filton Technical College the day I put a Gert big chain on it for security.

FTG

Those Garellis are like rocking horse doo doos nowadays...fetch even more than fizzers. Bought by middle aged blokes trying to relive their youth, but with an extra five stone on board!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pillred said:

A decent fizzy is worth upwards of £5,000. but I have seen them on sale if they still have the pedals and in mint condition for £10,000. If only we knew then what we know now.

I think I practically gave mine away in 1983, but then nobody wanted them. Checked on DVLA website and KDD 78P last taxed in 1984, so almost certainly ended up as razor blades

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

When I were a little snapper, my old dad had a 1947 Morris 8, with trafficators...they would be bloody terrible for modern traffic.

More effective than the pointless orange lenses on most BMW's!

Capture.PNG

Edited by cider hoss rules
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Don't forget Hillman, my old man had a Husky followed by a Super Minx - had a hell of a kick back when starting it on the crank handle.

And Triumph, I had a Dolomite Sprint and followed that up with a Stag - both blew head gaskets twice. Loved both of them though. But the love of my life was my first motor, a Lambretta Li150 which got me and my Mrs to Weymouth and back on many occasions.

Back on topic, that memorial "stadium" looks like a tinpot shower of shite which belongs a few tiers down in the football pyramid. Its shockingly bad for a football league club. How much is a bit of paint FFS.

Aaaahh! Those were the days! Forgot all about the kick back from the cranking handle :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given there are only really two relegation spots available this season, that is quite an achievement.

Elsewhere Exeter, Swndon, FGR & Plymouth fill four of the top five positions in their division. City & Cheltenham are in the upper half of their divisions, so who's letting the West of England down?

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given there are only really two relegation spots available this season, that is quite an achievement.

Will they be asking for a pat on the back if they accomplish that achievement?

"We fought off 20 other teams (and horses) to win this relegation to Division 4"

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, 22A said:

Elsewhere Exeter, Swndon, FGR & Plymouth fill four of the top five positions in their division. City & Cheltenham are in the upper half of their divisions, so who's letting the West of England down?

they’ve been letting the West Of England down in the tinpottery stakes for decades so it should come as no surprise it is happening in the modern day - is their forum popcorn material after today’s results?

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Will they be asking for a pat on the back if they accomplish that achievement?

"We fought off 20 other teams (and horses) to win this relegation to Division 4"

They’d still tell everyone it was the best thing to happen to their club, if it happened. Remember being relegated to Non League was a good thing for them apparently. 

Weirdo’s.

2 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

So on gas chat fans are still disappointed and shocked they didn't take 2500 to 3000 which would be half there home support!! Also manager being called a PE Teacher and already a GC out thread!!! Who do they think they are going to get!!

An RE teacher. Because they haven't got a prayer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

On 01/08/2019 at 17:15, Monkeh said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/murky-waters-bristol-rovers-taken-3161703

how long until the efl start asking rovers about proof of funds,

they cant even afford 20k for scales

Classic mistake, getting elves confused with leprechauns, now if only I knew how to download that David Brent elf sketch!