IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Surprised that's all they took. Thought it would be their biggest following of the season 

Probably will be.

Their away support is shit.

Gotta be honest I thought they’d make more of an effort for this but it seems even the day trippers who only go to the big away grounds are deserting them now.

36 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

So on gas chat fans are still disappointed and shocked they didn't take 2500 to 3000 which would be half there home support!! Also manager being called a PE Teacher and already a GC out thread!!! Who do they think they are going to get!!

Plenty of them are serious as well.

What happened to the so called ‘super fans’ who NEVER get on their managers back?

Hypocrites

41 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

1450 of them made the trip, so not quite what we took last weekend 

Yet they will still claim to travel everywhere in greater numbers than us. This just proves to them and some of our more gullible fans what a load of bullshit that claim is. Imagine how few they would’ve taken if they visited St Andrews every year like we do?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Surprised that's all they took. Thought it would be their biggest following of the season 

We mustn’t forget that their away support is way better than ours. Ok, the tickets might have been cheaper than we had to pay up there last week BUT  the pay on the day option will have put thousands off as being able to turn up and pay cash at the turnstiles is a real inconvenience. Also, don’t forget they have another game next Saturday and thousands more will be choosing that one instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrBibs said:

We mustn’t forget that their away support is way better than ours. Ok, the tickets might have been cheaper than we had to pay up there last week BUT  the pay on the day option will have put thousands off as being able to turn up and pay cash at the turnstiles is a real inconvenience. Also, don’t forget they have another game next Saturday and thousands more will be choosing that one instead.

Plus, balloon festival...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Probably will be.

Gotta be honest I thought they’d make more of an effort for this but it seems even the day trippers who only go to the big away grounds are deserting them now.

What happened to the so called ‘super fans’ who NEVER get on their managers back?

Hypocrites

Yet they will still claim to travel everywhere in greater numbers than us. This just proves to them and some of our more gullible fans what a load of bullshit that claim is. Imagine how few they would’ve taken if they visited St Andrews every year like we do?

Meanwhile crowds of over 21k are becoming the norm at the Gate, our average this season could be over 3 times as many as theirs.

21 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Probably will be.

Hypocrites

Didn't we take 3k+ when we were last in League 1??

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed. Something along the lines of:

Are there any Irish girls here?

Any girls with a bit of Irish in them?

Any girls want a bit of Irish in them?

Are there any girls in the audience with any Irish in them?

are there any girls in the audience who’d like a bit more Irish in them?

it goes... 

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Interesting on slagchat, when they talk about the league below them, they all seem to call it ‘Division 2’. Is this a kind of denial thing (implying they are in Division 1). Because, if we’re playing that game, the division just one below them is Division 4. 

Nothing new with that lot, anything to make them feel better, the Conference was renamed ‘Division 5’ whilst they were in there. Not that it matters as fair play to them they are exactly where they should be at present, occupying a relegation spot in ‘Division 1’

13 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Interesting on slagchat, when they talk about the league below them, they all seem to call it ‘Division 2’. Is this a kind of denial thing (implying they are in Division 1). Because, if we’re playing that game, the division just one below them is Division 4. 

Its a bit like when they were relegated from the league it was into league 3.

Made 'em feel better I suppose but still delusional.

Edit: BCFC11 beat me to it - but I had a pikey telling me in the pub that it was league 3 in all but name :D

Edited by bcfc01

5 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I was gutted when my new company car turned out to be a BMW! ?

You do know that you can choose the colours within their badge EEOB? My last company car was a beemer and, as in moose's picture, I had the blue replaced with red free of charge.

FWIW, I hated the beemer and have now ordered something different! :gasmask:

Edited by Ska Junkie

On 16/08/2019 at 23:14, bcfc01 said:

Don't forget Hillman, my old man had a Husky followed by a Super Minx - had a hell of a kick back when starting it on the crank handle.

And Triumph, I had a Dolomite Sprint and followed that up with a Stag - both blew head gaskets twice. Loved both of them though. But the love of my life was my first motor, a Lambretta Li150 which got me and my Mrs to Weymouth and back on many occasions.

Back on topic, that memorial "stadium" looks like a tinpot shower of shite which belongs a few tiers down in the football pyramid. Its shockingly bad for a football league club. How much is a bit of paint FFS.

I believe @ivorguy ended up upside down in a Husky after a wheel fell off in ‘76. 

Luckily a little after he’d dropped my mum off somewhere, whilst heavily pregnant with me.

• Like 1