IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

33 minutes ago, Unan said:

God they care so much what other people think of them, how pathetic, and they make up rubbish to make themselves feel better

I disagree re the Taylor deal.Yes they tried to humiliate us,but the whole thing was quite rightly perceived by most other clubs fans as a billy big bollocks stunt and they showed their true colours like the bunch of tossers they really are.Hope we never have any dealings with them again but you can be sure the gentleman’s agreement would fly out the window if they wanted any of our players in the future.

"Most other clubs"

Like a three year old with imaginary friends although I wouldn't put it past the sad ***** to join 90 fans forums in the hope of eliciting a pat on the head or **** material like "you're a proper club".

Maggots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

1450 away fans at St. Andrew yesterday, 

Over 2000 city fans at the same venue last week,.

Can we nail the lie put out by the blue few that they have a greater away following than us.

Probably the best ground they will visit this season and they still only take 2/3rds of what we take.....mind the gap Gas ‘Ed’s, mind the gap! ?

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

1450 away fans at St. Andrew yesterday, 

Over 2000 city fans at the same venue last week,.

Can we nail the lie put out by the blue few that they have a greater away following than us.

Yes but we were playing a league two team. If we were playing a championship side it would have been over 3000?

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Probably the best ground they will visit this season and they still only take 2/3rds of what we take.....mind the gap Gas ‘Ed’s, mind the gap! ?

Well firstly, we will be playing Sunderland this season, definitely a step up from St Andrews, so we will take 3000 there and then of course there will be Wembley in the play off final where we will double whatever you would have taken .

• Haha 11

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

"Most other clubs"

Like a three year old with imaginary friends although I wouldn't put it past the sad ***** to join 90 fans forums in the hope of eliciting a pat on the head or **** material like "you're a proper club".

Maggots.

Come now, I'm sure Man City fans talk about little else but the Taylor deal. There's probably a long thread about it on most club's forums, it's such a big scandal, a stain on the game's spotless reputation.

Remind me who agreed the sell on clause and forgot to set it at £10m though, as their fans don't seem to know anything about it. Or they do but don't want to hold their beloved owner accountable for it. Or for anything else 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Unan said:

God they care so much what other people think of them, how pathetic, and they make up rubbish to make themselves feel better

I disagree re the Taylor deal.Yes they tried to humiliate us,but the whole thing was quite rightly perceived by most other clubs fans as a billy big bollocks stunt and they showed their true colours like the bunch of tossers they really are.Hope we never have any dealings with them again but you can be sure the gentleman’s agreement would fly out the window if they wanted any of our players in the future.

Hahahahaha, inside their own peanut brains they probably thought the rest of the footballing world had sympathy with them.

The reality is completely different but you try telling that to those poor little ‘victims’. 

14 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well firstly, we will be playing Sunderland this season, definitely a step up from St Andrews, so we will take 3000 there and then of course there will be Wembley in the play off final where we will double whatever you would have taken .

Are there relegation play offs nowadays then Miah? 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Come now, I'm sure Man City fans talk about little else but the Taylor deal. There's probably a long thread about it on most club's forums, it's such a big scandal, a stain on the game's spotless reputation.

Remind me who agreed the sell on clause and forgot to set it at £10m though, as their fans don't seem to know anything about it. Or they do but don't want to hold their beloved owner accountable for it. Or for anything else 

You're missing the point surely? Just because there was £300k sell on clause, didn't mean that was all we had to pay. we clearly should have paid them at least half of their ridiculous valuation, out of the goodness of own hearts. They would have definitely done this if the situation had been reversed, just like they paid the rugby club a fair price for the memorial ground and errr............ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You're missing the point surely? Just because there was £300k sell on clause, didn't mean that was all we had to pay. we clearly should have paid them at least half of their ridiculous valuation, out of the goodness of own hearts. They would have definitely done this if the situation had been reversed, just like they paid the rugby club a fair price for the memorial ground and errr............ 

You are right course, I am deeply ashamed of our club for not doing so. No wonder the fans of every other club are talking about it.

Is it too late to make amends? Perhaps we could pay for them to have proper doors fitted to their players and officials entrance so they don't have to secure it with a rusty padlock on the outside? Then they can boast about having Championship ready doors to go with the sprinklers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unan said:
Accept C*ty loan youngsters into our ranks & you have absolutely no case, when bemoaning the gulf between the two Bristol clubs.

Unless you're blind there is a gulf at the moment in footballing terms, so let's not delude ourselves. The only way we close that is a stadium and getting to the championship, so I will take better players from anywhere to achieve that. At the moment the only thing we win is we have better fans, who will be true, what ever is thrown at us, but when I see some of the comments on here I do worry.

Finally, I just want to add where I feel I totally disagree with your marking: that given for our away support.  You gave 9/10 for no doubt turning out in numbers and generlaly making  a lot of noise as befits the Gas travelling Army.  However, the reaction at the final whistle was an embarrassment!

Thankfully, there was just about enough applause for the team that came to us to acknowledge our travelling support, but the boos from our own fans was undoubtedly dominant and was clearly heard from our players, and it affected them.  It even started when the first player came to us (Smith, I think), who was on his own, before the rest of the team joined him, to be met with boos!  Great treatment for a young lad on loan!

Gasheads!  This was undoubtedly a poor performance, and a huge disappointment. But only our fourth competitive game, only our third league game, only our second defeat of the season!

I was embarrased to be a Gashead yesterday.  I am proud of supporting a team that invariably struggles on and off the pitch, that continues to watch with envy as our noisy neighbours continue to widen the gap between us, that continues to struggle with adversity, that has limited funds, that will always be cosidered the poor relation in a two club city.  But our support was supposed to be 'loyal and true'  that will 'always follow the boys in blue.....and white!'

Ye amazing set of fans. 

36 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well, you only took 1500 last season so what “gas logic” makes you think you’ll double that figure this year?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, chinapig said:

IIRC, after we played, extremely well, at the Etihad a couple of years ago, there were a couple of gasheads that went straight on to the Man C forums slagging us off and saying they 'would have taken more fans', 'much better club', 'love us more than them gurt 'teds' etc only to be embarrassed by the Man C collective. It made for great reading on the long trip home as I remember it. 

Like Man C fans give a shit! 

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

IIRC, after we played, extremely well, at the Etihad a couple of years ago, there were a couple of gasheads that went straight on to the Man C forums slagging us off and saying they 'would have taken more fans', 'much better club', 'love us more than them gurt 'teds' etc only to be embarrassed by the Man C collective. It made for great reading on the long trip home as I remember it. 

Like Man C fans give a shit! 

There was definitely one who went on a Man City forum in the lead up to the game. Trying to find someone who’d say they preferred them to us.

Think he got told that they didn’t give a shit iirc. 

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Well, you only took 1500 last season so what “gas logic” makes you think you’ll double that figure this year?

It was just before Xmas last season, but this season it's in February , which will probably coincide with our push towards the play offs. Add in the fact that last season a lot of us stayed in Newcastle for the weekend and I told a lot of people what a good laugh we had, it's easy to see why we will double what we took last time.

That's not even allowing for the fact that Sunderland fans loved us and many will be imploring us to visit again.

• Haha 9

43 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Finally, I just want to add where I feel I totally disagree with your marking: that given for our away support.  You gave 9/10 for no doubt turning out in numbers and generlaly making  a lot of noise as befits the Gas travelling Army.  However, the reaction at the final whistle was an embarrassment!

Thankfully, there was just about enough applause for the team that came to us to acknowledge our travelling support, but the boos from our own fans was undoubtedly dominant and was clearly heard from our players, and it affected them.  It even started when the first player came to us (Smith, I think), who was on his own, before the rest of the team joined him, to be met with boos!  Great treatment for a young lad on loan!

Gasheads!  This was undoubtedly a poor performance, and a huge disappointment. But only our fourth competitive game, only our third league game, only our second defeat of the season!

I was embarrased to be a Gashead yesterday.  I am proud of supporting a team that invariably struggles on and off the pitch, that continues to watch with envy as our noisy neighbours continue to widen the gap between us, that continues to struggle with adversity, that has limited funds, that will always be cosidered the poor relation in a two club city.  But our support was supposed to be 'loyal and true'  that will 'always follow the boys in blue.....and white!'

Ye amazing set of fans. 

So, only their 3rd game in the league and only their 2nd defeat, thus a 66.6% loss percentage thus far - nice work pikeys! Long may that continue!

Edited by BanburyRed

9 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Which, imho, is a much better way of deciding things.

I'd disagree with that. By playing (assuming we don't finish in the top 2!) Other divisional rivals we would likely have a much better game plan than if we were thrown in against a Newcastle (or Chelsea as the Prem stands) and would suggest promotion is achieved by being the best of the rest, than trying to be better than one of the worse from the league above.

Seriously though, only the Gas could claim that taking 1400 fans one and a half hours up the road as travelling ‘on mass’ (?) ?

Obviously one of the many Championship clubs who aren’t actually envious of their ‘bonkers’ away support is us as we clearly travel in larger numbers. Think that’s worth pointing out again.

419C8D41-3AEB-4E23-831B-B678308D588F.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 19

20 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Seriously though, only the Gas could claim that taking 1400 fans one and a half hours up the road as travelling ‘on mass’ (?) ?

Obviously one of the many Championship clubs who aren’t actually envious of their ‘bonkers’ away support is us as we clearly travel in larger numbers. Think that’s worth pointing out again.

419C8D41-3AEB-4E23-831B-B678308D588F.jpeg

what a ******* *****

Edited by Jim Davey

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

Which, imho, is a much better way of deciding things.

I doubt South Yorkshire plod would agree given the aftermath of us relegating Blades that night.

IIRC it was one of the main reasons the format was changed - the theory was if a side got relegated via the playoffs trouble was almost certainly going to happen but if a side only failed to go up it was less likely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

No chance of that I’m afraid. Quite a few gullible City fans on here who obviously hang around with Sagheads in the pub on a Saturday night and totally believe their bullshit about away support. Doesn’t matter how many facts and examples you show them.

St Andrews isn’t even a ‘new’ ground for most of our supporters, we go there every year. That 1450 yesterday for the Gas included their day trippers who only bother with the bigger stadiums ?

I think a few have forgotten to factor in miahs numnut mates who rocked up at the ricoh waiting til 5.30 for the gates to open