IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

“However win lose or draw Rovers are painful to watch at the moment and I can see attendances dropping rapidly if we have to endure this dross.”

So, how does this fit in with the “loyal and true” mantra?

Can they drop much further?

Could we be seeing crowds of under 1k come the end of the season if the decline is so rapid?

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

My memory is probably wrong, but I thought the first year of the play offs saw a 'to be' relegated side playing a 'to be' promoted side.

I would love to see this revived. Bottom two go down and op two from league below go up. Third bottom in the higher league plays third top in the lower league home and away two-legger for the third spot. 

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

I would love to see this revived. Bottom two go down and op two from league below go up. Third bottom in the higher league plays third top in the lower league home and away two-legger for the third spot. 

Still happens in the Scottish leagues. From memory I think it was stopped in England after trouble between Chelsea and Middlesbrough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...and we had a crowd of more than 25k at both our home games in those play offs - amazing for a div 3 side back then .. 

I think we took about 4k up to Sheffield for a night game, always remember Wednesday fans out on the streets applauding us as we left Sheffield.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I think we took about 4k up to Sheffield for a night game, always remember Wednesday fans out on the streets applauding us as we left Sheffield.

It was rather surreal. I remember driving down a dual carriageway back to the motorway in convoy with the supporters` coaches and there was some sort of club high up on one side with a huge outside area which was filled with Owls fans cheering and waving us on our way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Meanwhile .....

Graham ‘Gung Ho’ Coughmoan has revealed the Gas’s transfer and development policy moving forward

F634594C-2809-4A91-8458-89B503BFA451.png

I remember the bring and buy sales from Blue Peter. Sadly Blue Peter changed his colour to red and scored against the Gas in the last league derby to date at AG in Dec 2000.

38 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was rather surreal. I remember driving down a dual carriageway back to the motorway in convoy with the supporters` coaches and there was some sort of club high up on one side with a huge outside area which was filled with Owls fans cheering and waving us on our way.

I saw them outside the Crucible .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Seriously though, only the Gas could claim that taking 1400 fans one and a half hours up the road as travelling ‘on mass’ (?) ?

Obviously one of the many Championship clubs who aren’t actually envious of their ‘bonkers’ away support is us as we clearly travel in larger numbers. Think that’s worth pointing out again.

419C8D41-3AEB-4E23-831B-B678308D588F.jpeg

Where on earth do they find these deluded cretins?

He/she/it is factually correct on one thing for a change in mentioning "gas" and "spark" in the same sentence and hopefully do us all a favour and in doing so get rid of all that methane quickly.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Wearing unique jester-style boxing shorts, Bristol bantamweight Duane “The Gasman” Winters fights defending British title holder Kash Farooq. Briefly. Can’t seem to stay away from canvas, that lot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/49384788

Ahhh, Farooq had the advantage. He didn’t have a horse mask on. 

Would’ve been a different story otherwise...

18 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Tinman knows .20190818_063746.thumb.jpg.a6f5a84060becbfbe828cab83fe9f726.jpg

So who can rightfully and genuinely claim to have first used and coined the wonderful expression of “mind the gap”.

Not a challenge or knock down, but just intrigued to know if we can actually identify and thank who created (OK London underground might have a shout here) when they first used the accurate and amusing analogy between ourselves and the Gas?

12 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

IIRC, after we played, extremely well, at the Etihad a couple of years ago, there were a couple of gasheads that went straight on to the Man C forums slagging us off and saying they 'would have taken more fans', 'much better club', 'love us more than them gurt 'teds' etc only to be embarrassed by the Man C collective. It made for great reading on the long trip home as I remember it. 

Like Man C fans give a shit! 

I think it’s a fair assumption that Rovers would take more to Manchester, on a Tuesday night, than they get at home games..! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Wearing unique jester-style boxing shorts, Bristol bantamweight Duane “The Gasman” Winters fights defending British title holder Kash Farooq. Briefly. Can’t seem to stay away from canvas, that lot.

Duane Sports a Bloody Nose...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

So after a lot of hype, ‘out’ in the first round! Sounds oh so familiar.

• Haha 1