IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Seriously though, only the Gas could claim that taking 1400 fans one and a half hours up the road as travelling ‘on mass’ (?) ?

Obviously one of the many Championship clubs who aren’t actually envious of their ‘bonkers’ away support is us as we clearly travel in larger numbers. Think that’s worth pointing out again.

419C8D41-3AEB-4E23-831B-B678308D588F.jpeg

They are all at it. The cockman claiming they had half the support in a crowd of 6976. Deluded.

FC3CCFF4-937F-498D-9EA3-016CAE83632F.jpeg

23 minutes ago, edada said:

They are all at it. The cockman claiming they had half the support in a crowd of 6976. Deluded.

Ah, but surely there were only about 3,500 Coventry fans? The Gas may only have taken 1,400 but the rest of the crowd was made up of Brum fans there to support them because they are universally loved by the fans of all other clubs. QED.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, weepywall said:

I think we took about 4k up to Sheffield for a night game, always remember Wednesday fans out on the streets applauding us as we left Sheffield.

What I remember most about this match apart from the imperial Joe Jordan coming on as sub and running the show was the very, very late arrival of most of their supporters.

I naively thought that there weren’t many there considering the importance of the match and then two minutes before kick off  the ground turned red and very noisy.

Proper club the Blades and top support. 

I finally got around to watching the EFL highlights last night, and thought I'd take a rare dip in to the League 1 highlights to see this "immense" and "bonkers" support that is "the envy of most Championship clubs".

Turns out that all I saw was a half full stand with lots of people sat around looking bored and occasionally abusing their own players after a goal... ? Must have missed something!

48 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What I remember most about this match apart from the imperial Joe Jordan coming on as sub and running the show was the very, very late arrival of most of their supporters.

I naively thought that there weren’t many there considering the importance of the match and then two minutes before kick off  the ground turned red and very noisy.

Proper club the Blades and top support. 

I remember our brilliant away support , Shutts diving header , a young Peter Beadle and spending most of the game stood balanced on a barrier behind the goal (1980s safe standing !)

Brilliant night

• Like 2

4 hours ago, edada said:

They really don’t help themselves do they? From the top of that club to the dregs they all come out with the same shit, it’s like a disease they all suffer from.

...but apparently we’re the deluded ones

The irony for me in their ‘world’s best fans’ claims are based on numbers and the claims are so easy to disprove. If I was them, I’d go down the

”easy to get 20,000 in a nice stadium in the Championship, getting 7,000 to go to a terrible stadium each week and seeing poor football is not easy and requires proper dedication” Route. 

Still, each to their own. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

The irony for me in their ‘world’s best fans’ claims are based on numbers and the claims are so easy to disprove. If I was them, I’d go down the

”easy to get 20,000 in a nice stadium in the Championship, getting 7,000 to go to a terrible stadium each week and seeing poor football is not easy and requires proper dedication” Route. 

But apparently they don't want a real stadium as that would make them a "franchise" or some such nonsense, their ground invokes the spirit of "real football" where it's still 1972 and the passion of that era. I don't understand why more people don't turn up for that real experience.... ?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Can't make Hull as I won’t have finished work in time so might get a ticket in with the Oxford fans to lend him my support...

Oh please don't a) you will putting money into their grubby little hands and b) as soon as they see this they will be convinced that the away end will be "FULL of shitheads" 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Oh please don't a) you will putting money into their grubby little hands and b) as soon as they see this they will be convinced that the away end will be "FULL of shitheads" 

Was tongue in cheek tbh to give our visitors from Chernobyl something to get excited about

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They really don’t help themselves do they? From the top of that club to the dregs they all come out with the same shit, it’s like a disease they all suffer from.

...but apparently we’re the deluded ones

I'll tell you what Cockman...I'll give you a pound for every fewer there, and you give me a pound for every Cov fan.....................can't say faier than that !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Every time I go on  slagchat on my iPad a message comes up in the search window saying “not secure”. Even Internet browsers know ?

Don't laugh too much SR. I get the same when I go to BCFC.co.uk ?

Even so, I'm still having a cheeky tenner on Matty to score on Saturday.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

But apparently they don't want a real stadium as that would make them a "franchise" or some such nonsense, their ground invokes the spirit of "real football" where it's still 1972 and the passion of that era. I don't understand why more people don't turn up for that real experience.... ?

It would have been shite in 1972, believe me!

8 hours ago, Southport Red said:

They glory in their ineptitude. 

Happy to be crappy. 

What a bunch of losers . 

12 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Not all of ‘em. 

One of them after their latest defeat said how some of the players are robbing them of their admission fee’s due to lack of effort etc, laughable coming from a club where not only the supporters pass seasontickets through the fence so their mates can get in FOC but also stewards like to pocket the cash on the away turnstiles ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

laughable coming from a club where not only the supporters pass seasontickets through the fence so their mates can get in FOC

Seriously, if they've installed a system that's unable to detect whether or not a ticket's already been used then they deserve all that's coming to them.

Please, please, please let it be so....????

29 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Seriously, if they've installed a system that's unable to detect whether or not a ticket's already been used then they deserve all that's coming to them.

Please, please, please let it be so....????

Looking at the pictures of their players entrance and the bolt across the home dressing room door would you really be that shocked?

Edited by BCFC11