IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

They have been told by a couple of their own numerous times that it was public knowledge, how that came about I don’t know, guessing his Agent to the press, but one of Fewers said he’d heard it from a close friend of MT.

Matty Taylor and Lee Johnson share the same agent.??

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

They have been told by a couple of their own numerous times that it was public knowledge, how that came about I don’t know, guessing his Agent to the press, but one of Fewers said he’d heard it from a close friend of MT.

I was chatting to a sag mate regarding the clause just after we signed him. Obviously it was all underhand and should be reported to the FA etc etc etc. The thing is which I tried explaining was release clauses are generally out in the open anyway - if it was illegal then why do the media and the likes of Sky Sports report them on a regular basis?? Most players have release clauses and all are pretty much in the public domain, plenty are even reported when they sign a new contract (Messi, Neymar etc). What is so different about anyone knowing what Taylors was? It was in the Daily Mirror (I think) months beforehand, and all over their forum, but that conveniently didn't matter and it was ours and his agents doing..... 

Blame your stupid club if they cannot negotiate a players contract properly, or spend some money and pay someone to do it for you.

On 19/08/2019 at 13:22, Port Said Red said:

But apparently they don't want a real stadium as that would make them a "franchise" or some such nonsense, their ground invokes the spirit of "real football" where it's still 1972 and the passion of that era. I don't understand why more people don't turn up for that real experience.... ?

On 19/08/2019 at 20:33, adamski said:

It would have been shite in 1972, believe me!

How can you possibly forget that da gas won a major trophy in 1972? Shame on you for not recognising their triumph on penalties in the final of The Watney Mann Invitation Cup .... a pre-season tournament that included only eight teams (the highest scorers in the four divisions) and lasted a whopping four seasons before axed in 1973 .... I remember a great quote from the huge sag centre half at the time, Stuart Taylor: “Yeh, those were the days when we’d score 80 goals in a season, but let in 120 at our end..”

13 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Not even the keeper that was bent........they literally are the worlds thickest fan base.

13 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

There was a scandal on those lines that involved more than the goalkeeper. But clearly they are nowhere the same bracket as someone who legally decided to sign for another club.

On that subject, what has happened to @Esmond Million's Bung?

I haven't seen him post for ages.

Is everything OK Es?

52 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How can you possibly forget that da gas won a major trophy in 1972? Shame on you for not recognising their triumph on penalties in the final of The Watney Mann Invitation Cup .... a pre-season tournament that included only eight teams (the highest scorers in the four divisions) and lasted a whopping four seasons before axed in 1973 .... I remember a great quote from the huge sag centre half at the time, Stuart Taylor: “Yeh, those were the days when we’d score 80 goals in a season, but let in 120 at our end..”

I was referring to the Camp Site, even based against 1970 stadia it is still shite...Camp Shite

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

6,802 less Tranmere.........it’s what they do. Many Championship clubs would be envious of that.

Don't forget they will sell out Saturday so the bestest fans are probably saving their money for that, think its going to be a headbutting minibus and punching horses sort of day oh and blowing up inflatable snakes.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

massive club my arse - Swindle had more tonight 

To be fair to them (and it pains me to say this) I don’t think I’ve ever heard a sag call their club ‘massive’ - they’ve said many a time that they take ‘massive numbers away’ but that’s slightly different and is indeed another delusional statement with no basis in truth ... they’ve also always said that City fans think our club is ‘massive’ and similarly I’ve never heard a City fan call our club ‘massive’ ...