IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

This seems a familiar tale....Screenshot_20190821-141442_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ab3423cad7ebb3583bd441d095b989a.jpg

This is utter, utter rubbish.

Nobody is scrambling to get onto building projects anywhere.  They are scaling down their operations and Kier is trying to sell its housebuilding arm.

The possible effects of Brexit on the building trade would be a cost increase through labour shortage and materials rising in price through adverse currency movements so it is very hard at the moment to get people to tender for big construction projects because they have this uncertainty in their costs.

I am not imagining this; I had a very poor response to a big fixed price tender last month and it's down to the cost uncertainty.

No decent sized builders are scrambling for anything at present; they are sitting on their hands.

(NB - I am not trying to start a Brexit debate - there is one on the politics board so keep it there)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

This is utter, utter rubbish.

Nobody is scrambling to get onto building projects anywhere.  They are scaling down their operations and Kier is trying to sell its housebuilding arm.

The possible effects of Brexit on the building trade would be a cost increase through labour shortage and materials rising in price through adverse currency movements so it is very hard at the moment to get people to tender for big construction projects because they have this uncertainty in their costs.

I am not imagining this; I had a very poor response to a big fixed price tender last month and it's down to the cost uncertainty.

No decent sized builders are scrambling for anything at present; they are sitting on their hands.

(NB - I am not trying to start a Brexit debate - there is one on the politics board so keep it there)

These belters literally make this stuff up as they go along. Contractors are extremely risk averse atm and just cos it’s Da Gas they won’t change their stance on that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, old parkender said:

Disgrace

F82DCAB5-EECB-42A5-8B9A-95BE4BC8E020.png

What an unpleasant individual this Peter Norton is.

Michelle Owen is pregnant and basically is doing her job for sky sports and does articles for the Evening Post.i.e doing her job

unbelieveable- but then he’s just another spiteful jealous bitter gashead.

arnt they the family club 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, InCyder said:

They're even kicking off that Radio Bristol had 4 City callers for each Gashead. 

Who'd have thought that a team with 4 times as many fans have 4 times as many people calling in?

Sags have yet to realise you actually have to ring Radio Bristol yourself, staring at your phone waiting for them to call you doesn’t work.

• Haha 4

On the subject of interest among builders for a project like this: construction companies may be shying away from residential projects because of volatile post-Brexit prices. However, if the (sixth?) richest man in the universe :thumbsup: offers you a fixed fee, you might be tempted. Sorry to be a bit off-message with this one.

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

They are banking on Marvin the *** underwriting the cost of the whole shebang.

Something is definitely "off" about that gentleman .

Taxpayers money to be squandered propping up a failing private businesses development plan......even Marvin isn’t that stupid........:noexp:

• Hmmm 1

12 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

On the subject of interest among builders for a project like this: construction companies may be shying away from residential projects because of volatile post-Brexit prices. However, if the (sixth?) richest man in the universe :thumbsup: offers you a fixed fee, you might be tempted. Sorry to be a bit off-message with this one.

Fair point.

Maybe a visit to the excluisve £250k a year London office or his private box at Chelsea to see the blues may be incentive enough.

Thing is, I cannot think of a single reason why an investor would take them on. The Bury/Bolton thing would surely put investors off investing in lower league football teams. 

If you could get a decent Championship team with a good catchment and infrastructure at a reasonable cost (Charlton? Preston?), then maybe. The only ones you would really want (big gates and infrastructure, e.g Wednesday) are probably too pricey (and also not for sale).

Cannot think that an insolvent third level team, doing it’s best to get into the fourth level, with pitiful (and shrinking) gates, crumbling infrastructure it doesn’t even own in a large catchment that is already largely committed to the other local team, would be attractive to anyone other than a very wealthy fan of said club. It is certainly not a business proposition. 

A theory however. 

It may be that the AlQ’s bought Rovers on the understanding that the stadium at UWE was a ‘done deal’ and they are hoping to pull the same stunt on some other poor numbskulls. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

why would any City fan of sane mind put money in their coffers and go over there to watch that tripe (and the added fact of having to be quarantined afterwards).  Strange club, strange support - borders on the bizarre 

Dunno. I might be tempted at the thought of Matty putting a few past their keeper.  But I shall be watching the reds take on Ull, so that's out of the question.  All this to-ing and fr-oing between Bristol and Barcelona to watch RobinsTV is getting a bit tedious though ☺️

Edited by wendyredredrobin

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Who cares. I've no doubt, at 20k (?) it will be big enough for the rugby boys. How ironic would that be? ;) 

It would be ironic and I would get a kick out of it but it just shows how much the Bears have grown when 20k is probably too small given the upward trend and realistic ambition. With some success at the upper end of the table and Europe well over 20k averages is likely, it's not far off now. Last season in respective leagues Bears doubled Rovers average attendance plus 26k highest vs 10k highest for Gas, the difference is more than they can even fit in the memorial ground... which coincidentally is also what they've sadly run it into.

Bristol Sport have shown what could have been done if Rovers had any sense instead of blind, selfish short termist greed and thievery/skullduggery. Reaping what was sown all those years ago. Mutually beneficial top class football of all kinds at the wonderful Ashton Gate is on the horizon, plus all the community work and everything else. At this stage what benefits do Rovers bring to sport in this city? Where will they be in 10 years time?

Edited by Rinkadink
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wood_red said:

Here we go - "all the trouble was cos of them Teds in every single stand and tent, they must have had half of the crowd"......

Absolute strokers

In this day and age of CCTV,  mobile phone cameras and the internet can anyone provide just one image of a City fan in the away end at the Mem when they got relegated? (I’ve asked everyone of the Blue Few I’ve met since and they have nothing!)

You’d imagine it would be all over Facebook, Twitter, Forums and the Evening Post.

You would have thought the Police would have been very keen on finding out just who incited a riot at that match.

For me this lie is the proof of their absolute delusion and it’s frankly embarrassing that they still wheel it out as an excuse for their horse punching antics.

Like any good group of deranged conspiracy theorists they now believe that the lie has been endorsed by the club itself having made the Oxford match all ticket.

Hundreds of City fans want to be in the away end to cheer on Taylor! Belters! 

One things for sure, everyday that passes makes Wael of Fortune’s “2 years” claim less likely. 

If they bought the site and if they get planning permission, and if the surveys come back positive, then there will be the local archaeologists taking a long hard look at the site. Considering it’s size and position along side one of the busiest historical thoroughfares in the area, this could take months as well, especially if they find anything of interest. 

I think the very nice man has about as much grasp of how building works in the UK as he does of buy out clauses in football contracts.

If I was an owner at the site, I think my selling price would be going up exponentially to their desperation to buy, I think I could cope with the undoubted boycott and terrorist tactics of irate gasheads.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

One things for sure, everyday that passes makes Wael of Fortune’s “2 years” claim less likely. 

If they bought the site and if they get planning permission, and if the surveys come back positive, then there will be the local archaeologists taking a long hard look at the site. Considering it’s size and position along side one of the busiest historical thoroughfares in the area, this could take months as well, especially if they find anything of interest. 

I think the very nice man has about as much grasp of how building works in the UK as he does of buy out clauses in football contracts.

If I was an owner at the site, I think my selling price would be going up exponentially to their desperation to buy, I think I could cope with the undoubted boycott and terrorist tactics of irate gasheads.

Everything you’ve said is totally wrong, you couldn’t actually be any further away from the truth.

The truth being is that every single construction company known to man are currently like flies around shit absolutely desperate to get their hands on such a unique project, so desperate in-fact not one of them has an inkling of any costs involved!

I know it’s true because a Sag said so.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rinkadink said:

It would be ironic and I would get a kick out of it but it just shows how much the Bears have grown when 20k is probably too small given the upward trend and realistic ambition. With some success at the upper end of the table and Europe well over 20k averages is likely, it's not far off now. Last season in respective leagues Bears doubled Rovers average attendance plus 26k highest vs 10k highest for Gas, the difference is more than they can even fit in the memorial ground... which coincidentally is also what they've sadly run it into.

Bristol Sport have shown what could have been done if Rovers had any sense instead of blind, selfish short termist greed and thievery/skullduggery. Reaping what was sown all those years ago. Mutually beneficial top class football of all kinds at the wonderful Ashton Gate is on the horizon, plus all the community work and everything else. At this stage what benefits do Rovers bring to sport in this city? Where will they be in 10 years time?

Could future expansion of the stadium be on the cards due to the rugby rather than the football? Would this be completely “free” for the football club, in both literal and Financial Fair Play terms? (I assume FFP doesn’t account for stadium investment anyway, but just in case)

19 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Could future expansion of the stadium be on the cards due to the rugby rather than the football? Would this be completely “free” for the football club, in both literal and Financial Fair Play terms? (I assume FFP doesn’t account for stadium investment anyway, but just in case)

The football club nor rugby club don’t pay for any upgrades to Ashton gate,

nether club own the ground, it’s owned by Ashton gate ltd, any development of said ground would be paid by Ashton gate ltd prob via a loan from its parent company pula sport,

which in turn is owned by billionaire Steven lansdown

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Dear oh dear.......they have just made their game with Oxford all ticket to the surprise of most of them apart from this belter......

Think there's a whisper of some red friends joining us to cheer on one of their loan players.

This kind of deters. A little.

What a way to deal with falling attendances in a Bank Holiday weekend... Make the match even less accessible for the casual supporter.

Hahaha

• Like 1

If I were Oxford I'd leave the kit behind, then Matty can pull on a Gas Shirt (he may initially puke up) then bag the winner, as a City Player, wearing a Gas Shirt. I'm pretty sure a few of them who aren't the brightest may have an outer body experience (like Bobby in the shower on Dallas) and actually think that Matty never actually left and is still playing for them.

• Like 1

IF (and that’s a bloody huge if tbf) everything goes absolutely perfectly for the Fewers ie Funding, Land Acquisition, Surveys, Design, Planning, Consultation, Procurement, Cost, Construction and Handover they would be looking at moving in at “some point” during the 22-23 season imo. This assumes that they are already ahead of the game........and this is Da Roverz we’re talking about!!!!!!

The Snake has them rattled.  Matty Taylor is still a red:

Rovers (AKA the Family club) issue warning to fans ahead of Matty Taylor's Mem return

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-rovers-issue-warning-fans-3238061#ICID=Android_BristolPostApp_AppShare

£10 on a hat trick for Matty on Saturday.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The Snake has them rattled.  Matty Taylor is still a red:

Rovers issue warning to fans ahead of Matty Taylor's Mem return

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-rovers-issue-warning-fans-3238061#ICID=Android_BristolPostApp_AppShare

Absolute bullshit from them as usual, family club?? Continue to behave favourably?? So attacking opposition players, boarding their own team coach at the same game to have a pop at the players, countless racist incidents, and pervs going around touching tits as a game is favourably? ?

Also never thought I’d see the day where a snake would be classed as a thing to incite hatred, suppose it’s nothing new for a Sag to hate snakes tbf, most of them arrive home one day to find their misses in bed with the neighbour as they do tend to lack in that department that lot, so anyone else’s ? is like a python to them, trouble is most of the time the neighbour is a woman.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Absolute bullshit from them as usual, family club?? Continue to behave favourably?? So attacking opposition players, boarding their own team coach at the same game to have a pop at the players, countless racist incidents, and pervs going around touching tits as a game is favourably? ?

Also never thought I’d see the day where a snake would be classed as a thing to incite hatred, suppose it’s nothing new for a Sag to hate snakes tbf, most of them arrive home one day to find their misses in bed with HER BROTHER as they do tend to lack in that department that lot, so anyone else’s ? is like a python to them, trouble is most of the time the neighbour is a woman.

Corrected that for you.

FFS look what you’ve all gone and done now, all those of you who made those tongue in cheek comments in typical Sag fashion as it’s something they want to believe has been taken as gospel, it’s now All our fault that the Fewers have gone and made the Oxford game all ticket according to the Sags below, buggered my Saturday right up that has, was really looking forward to paying £26 to stand up in a piss stained tent surrounded by complete and utter morons just to see Matty Taylor play. 

Obviously it’s got absolutely nothing to do with trouble between them and Oxford fans recently, excuses at the ready for when it does kick off on Glos Road. It was us ok.

“The rumour that City fans are buying tickets has probably prompted this.”

“Think there's a whisper of some red friends joining us to cheer on one of their loan players.

This kind of deters. A little.”

82ers turning up to watch would just prove how incredibly tinpot they still are as a club, despite Lansdown's millions and their shiny new stadium. Something about polishing a turd I think.

A Sag calling us tinpot mind ???

• Haha 3