IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Having used some local (Glos) accommodation addresses, me and 47 mates are the proud owners of match day tickets in the home end for Saturday.  As no GHS come onto this forum, I feel safe enough to show a couple of our faces just so you can all see the efforts we're putting in to blend in (well…….until Snakehips scores).

Hope we don't get rumbled by the natives.

images-5.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Having used some local (Glos) accommodation addresses, me and 47 mates are the proud owners of match day tickets in the home end for Saturday.  As no GHS come onto this forum, I feel safe enough to show a couple of our faces just so you can all see the efforts we're putting in to blend in (well…….until Snakehips scores).

Hope we don't get rumbled by the natives.

images-5.jpeg

What time are you plotting up with the South Midlands Hit Squad?

It's 2 for £1 slushies at Macca's just in case you guys need a sugar rush before taking the Blackthorn end.

Watch out for CJ though - he's well 'ard.

Heard he nutted a mini-van once.

CSF + SMHS v GHS .......carnage I tell ya.

Julie better get some reinforcements in.

1.thumb.png.c2a7d6431082b079fec545f2d6a86e4d.png

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It is amazing, I couldn’t even bring myself to give them money by buying a ticket when we were playing them, let alone paying them money for any other reason.....

I did once see fit. To watch Wycombe relegate them to the basement.

In hindsight, I’d have happily contributed against Mansfield too.

Oh well, maybe next time.... ? 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not sure how much tickets are for the Chernobyl away end, but City would need about 3,000 to attend, for Rovers to not lose money this week..! ??

If they are losing 65k a week (as per the last set of accounts)

They would need about 3000 extra on the gate every week (assuming tickets cost somewhere between 20 and 25 quid a time.

The problem with this however, is that football isn't played every week, and half the games are away.

How many home games in a season, 22?

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If they are losing 65k a week (as per the last set of accounts)

They would need about 3000 extra on the gate every week (assuming tickets cost somewhere between 20 and 25 quid a time.

The problem with this however, is that football isn't played every week, and half the games are away.

How many home games in a season, 22?

And many of the 3000 would be at kids prices. 

26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hearts vs Edinburgh City?

Partick Thistle vs C*ltic/Gers? (they can’t live with the mighty Jags...)

Were Edinburgh City ever on a competitive level with Hearts?

Partick Thistle I know have shared the same division  as Celtic and Rangers plenty, but again, was it really a competitive derby? (Genuinely asking, my knowledge of Scottish football isn't the best.)

9 hours ago, SX227 said:
cj
First Team

cj Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 340 posts
7 hours ago  
Post Options

Post by cj on 7 hours ago

If City fans are there and if he scores against us, will they celebrate? They be too scared. But if they have the balls, surely they know they will get a good hiding!

I'm guessing this ones about 12 yrs old.

Anyone remember the last time we 'got a good hiding' off that lot?
Eastville? - not in the last 20 yrs of it's existence
Bath - nope.
Mem - nope.
Park St or Fruit Market? - Nope.
City Centre/Waterside? - Nope
I doubt if there will be more than 50 City in the home end anyway.*

* complete crap,but no doubt be 100% true on asschat by midnight.
The 60 - 70 going in with the South Midlands Hit Squad are real though.The Gas Hit Squad best be very careful*

*complete crap but bound to be 100% true on asschat by 11pm.
(It's actually only 40 - 50 meeting up with Oxfords lads.)*

* 100% true on asschat by 10pm

And again the gift keeps giving.....

I've been following City for 40+yrs and never as much as taken a slap of a Sag head. Not even close. 300 City fans in the away end would frighten them senseless.

11 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

And again the gift keeps giving.....

I've been following City for 40+yrs and never as much as taken a slap of a Sag head. Not even close. 300 City fans in the away end would frighten them senseless.

54 years ,me, and the same. Can't remember coming close even though we used to regularly take the Tote !:cool:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

As old skool City, I have been patiently waiting for the opportunity of meeting there lot again. 

Have been waiting rather a long time. Is it really worth it?

Will they let you all in with your zimmer frames when it finally happens? Probably classed as dangerous weapons. :) 

• Haha 1

On 21/08/2019 at 15:39, Numero Uno said:

I work in the Construction Industry in Bristol. There isn’t a great deal in the above even resembling accuracy. A lot of conjecture in there. I’d say his “Property Contact” is one of they gurt Ted’s having a bit of fun.

Has the land been purchased yet? That’s not a ten minute exercise even after agreeing a price. When the land is purchased there will be 101 surveys required before you can even think about building a football stadium. Hope Wally has plenty of 50p’s down the back of his sofa for that.

As others have said there is the small matter of Planning Permission to be obtained. You don’t just phone up the Council and they “oh yeah, love the scheme, when can you start”? There will need to a formal application made, a consultation period to factor in. Opposition is as guaranteed as night follows day. Amendments may need to be made to the original scheme in for planning which mean resubmission. Bristol Planning Department is notoriously slow in reacting to anything. Anyone remember Ashton Vale?

After getting Planning Permission you need to work up the design in DETAIL and check costs at every stage. If costs go too far North you have to Value Engineer but within the constraints of the Planning Permission otherwise it’s a resubmission.

There will no doubt be significant associated infrastructure works that have to be provided with the scheme.

They will need to tender the works which can be done without planning but adds to risk. Tenders need to be examined, a preferred bidder identified, contract terms agreed.

The best bit, they have to get full funding in place but will need significant funding up front as there is a lot of cost before you’ve even dug a trench. They will have planning conditions to discharge before they start such as detailed Transport Plans.

There will be a mobilisation period before works commence. Construction contracts can be high risk, as much mitigation of that as you can make doesn’t guarantee there won’t be delays or unknown issues not picked up in surveys. A bloody bird could nest at just the wrong time (gives me an idea?).

There is lots more in addition to the above. The point being this isn’t the five minute exercise they think it is......even if his Property Contact convinced him it was!!

The only sporting related tender going around at the moment is the training ground at failand 

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Were Edinburgh City ever on a competitive level with Hearts?

Partick Thistle I know have shared the same division  as Celtic and Rangers plenty, but again, was it really a competitive derby? (Genuinely asking, my knowledge of Scottish football isn't the best.)

Partick used to be a bit of a force - they stuffed C*ltic 4-1 in the 1971 League Cup Final - and that was against a very strong C*ltic team. I’ve also been to games where it finished Partick 3 Rangers 0 - that was against the Souness Gers side (Terry Butcher, Chris Woods, Trevor Steven, Ally McCoist etc) and I was at C*ltic 0 Partick 0 in the 1990s - apart from that there’s just been the odd success in the cups. So I was being a bit tongue in cheek!

Edinburgh City have been formed, disbanded and formed again to come back through the pyramid up there. Again, it was a bit tongue in cheek, although they’ve had a bit of success in minor cups throughout their history I’m not sure they troubled The Jam Tarts much ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Partick used to be a bit of a force - they stuffed C*ltic 4-1 in the 1971 League Cup Final - and that was against a very strong C*ltic team. I’ve also been to games where it finished Partick 3 Rangers 0 - that was against the Souness Gers side (Terry Butcher, Chris Woods, Trevor Steven, Ally McCoist etc) and I was at C*ltic 0 Partick 0 in the 1990s - apart from that there’s just been the odd success in the cups. So I was being a bit tongue in cheek!

Edinburgh City have been formed, disbanded and formed again to come back through the pyramid up there. Again, it was a bit tongue in cheek, although they’ve had a bit of success in minor cups throughout their history I’m not sure they troubled The Jam Tarts much ...

I do have a look at how Edinburgh are doing occasionally (3-4 times a season) as my Aunt lives there and I'm not interested in the Hibs/Hearts nonsense.

• Like 1

Cockman has well and truly learnt how Gaslogic works now, especially the Sag way of ‘make up some bullshit, say it enough times then it becomes fact’

Absolute weapon

Taken from BP....

The club have put a warning out to fans to behave and not throw anything on the pitch, would you have a message for the fans to stick to those rules and not go over the top venting their frustrations to the player?

"No. Listen I can’t control what the fans do or say as you all know.

"I am pleased they will be venting their frustration and anger at someone else and not me. (he joked). That is relatively positive for me.

"As for the fans, there are some people, and not all our fans, the majority of our fans represent this club impeccably. The majority of our fans are a different class. I can’t tell the fans what to do, what to say, what to write or how to conduct themselves, that is up to them.

"No one will run our fans down when I am present because our fans are different class.

"The majority of the fans behave themselves and travel in numbers up and down the country and behave themselves, home and away. They behave impeccably. I have nothing but praise for our fans. I don’t where, or who is suggesting our fans misbehave or will misbehave because I haven’t seen that yet.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Cockman has well and truly learnt how Gaslogic works now, especially the Sag way of ‘make up some bullshit, say it enough times then it becomes fact’

Absolute weapon

Taken from BP....

The club have put a warning out to fans to behave and not throw anything on the pitch, would you have a message for the fans to stick to those rules and not go over the top venting their frustrations to the player?

"I am pleased they will be venting their frustration and anger at someone else and not me. (he joked). That is relatively positive for me.

"As for the fans, there are some people, and not all our fans, the majority of our fans represent this club impeccably. The majority of our fans are a different class. I can’t tell the fans what to do, what to say, what to write or how to conduct themselves, that is up to them.

"No one will run our fans down when I am present because our fans are different class.

"The majority of the fans behave themselves and travel in numbers up and down the country and behave themselves, home and away. They behave impeccably. I have nothing but praise for our fans. I don’t where, or who is suggesting our fans misbehave or will misbehave because I haven’t seen that yet.

That is a statement given by a man who knows he's under pressure. Keep the fans sweet and you'll last a bit longer.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Absolute weapon

Taken from BP....

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That is a statement given by a man who knows he's under pressure. Keep the fans sweet and you'll last a bit longer.

Dopey used to come out with this sort of shite when the heat was on...………………..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

He is a buffoon and they make a match made in heaven 

Rewind to his ‘too gung ho’ post match at St Andrews -

Embarrassing and clueless  

Edited by BobBobSuperBob