IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Cockman has well and truly learnt how Gaslogic works now, especially the Sag way of ‘make up some bullshit, say it enough times then it becomes fact’

Absolute weapon

Taken from BP....

The club have put a warning out to fans to behave and not throw anything on the pitch, would you have a message for the fans to stick to those rules and not go over the top venting their frustrations to the player?

"No. Listen I can’t control what the fans do or say as you all know.

"I am pleased they will be venting their frustration and anger at someone else and not me. (he joked). That is relatively positive for me.

"As for the fans, there are some people, and not all our fans, the majority of our fans represent this club impeccably. The majority of our fans are a different class. I can’t tell the fans what to do, what to say, what to write or how to conduct themselves, that is up to them.

"No one will run our fans down when I am present because our fans are different class.

"The majority of the fans behave themselves and travel in numbers up and down the country and behave themselves, home and away. They behave impeccably. I have nothing but praise for our fans. I don’t where, or who is suggesting our fans misbehave or will misbehave because I haven’t seen that yet.

So he’s totally ignoring social media posts such as the one by that sad sag who was encouraging fellow gasheads to invade the pitch and attack Matty Taylor .... #FamilyClub #BestFansInTheWorld #EveryoneLovesThem ...

3 hours ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

Maybe some paririty in the 70's, bottleless shitbags since then

Hard but small crew. Just never had the numbers. As I remember it the two ends, Tote end and East end were, roughly:

Rovers = some lads, a few scruffy greebo's, a few scruffy hippies and the rest young kids. Numbers up to 2,000. Always thought their crowd make up were more scruffy and down trodden than equivalent crowd at AG.

City = lots of lads, 4 greebo's, a couple of hippy types and young lads. Numbers up to 4,000. 

All rough figures taken from Rovers crowds of 10/12k and City's crowds of 12/16k and, depending on who the opposition were.

Bigger ground, bigger attendances, better football, more away support, equalled more trouble, which might have attracted others with little affiliation to the club that liked that little excitement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Always thought their crowd make up were more scruffy and down trodden than equivalent crowd at AG.

Couple of Man U supporting work colleagues said similar over the years. This is actually a true story unlike one a bluepit my tell.

Never set foot inside the rovers ground and don't ever expect the opportunity to arise.

12 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Cockman has well and truly learnt how Gaslogic works now, especially the Sag way of ‘make up some bullshit, say it enough times then it becomes fact’

Absolute weapon

Taken from BP....

The club have put a warning out to fans to behave and not throw anything on the pitch, would you have a message for the fans to stick to those rules and not go over the top venting their frustrations to the player?

"No. Listen I can’t control what the fans do or say as you all know.

"I am pleased they will be venting their frustration and anger at someone else and not me. (he joked). That is relatively positive for me.

"As for the fans, there are some people, and not all our fans, the majority of our fans represent this club impeccably. The majority of our fans are a different class. I can’t tell the fans what to do, what to say, what to write or how to conduct themselves, that is up to them.

"No one will run our fans down when I am present because our fans are different class.

"The majority of the fans behave themselves and travel in numbers up and down the country and behave themselves, home and away. They behave impeccably. I have nothing but praise for our fans. I don’t where, or who is suggesting our fans misbehave or will misbehave because I haven’t seen that yet.

They want constant reassurance don't they?

Taylor gave an interview in the Oxford Mail explaining the move to us, including that he enjoyed his time at Rovers, had an amazing time but felt it was the best time to further his career when leaving. No bad words about them. 

However, it appears that he didn't mention that they had 'special' fans nor rule out celebrating (without being asked) and they're kicking off about it, calling him stupid/dumb etc. It's actually embarrassing.

As far as I'm aware, he's never said a bad word about them, clearly appreciated the time there and moved on to better himself. I was asked by one of the Rovers lads who goes down the pub how I'd feel if it happened the other way around. The closest comparison I could draw was the lads moving over to Cardiff and I'll certainly be giving each of them (Tomlin aside) an applause when they return and they only got us one promotion... MT had a pivotal role in getting those lot two. 

As much as I'd love to see him do an Adebayor when he scores today, a little part of me wants him to refuse to celebrate if they are giving him stick all day - I think that would bug them even more. What story could they make out of that?

• Like 2

It's a premonition:

G^shead 1:  "Oh no……the Snake has scored"

G^shead 2:  "Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

G^shead 1:  "But, but, but he's not celebrating"

G^shead 2:  "Booooooooooooooooooooooooo"

G^shead 1:  "He MUST love us more than they gurt dirty Teds"

G^shead 2:  "BooooooooYaaaaaayBooooooooooYaaaaaay…..so do we hate him or what??????"

G^shead 1:  "YeahButNoButYeahButNoButEveryoneLovesUs"

G^shead 2"  "Quick………Minibus!"

• Haha 3

Taylor, signing for their rivals, terrible thing. He must be evil and abused. Truly, the worst thing ever in the history of everything... Or so a Fewer wound have you believe.

However....

They signed him from Forest Green - who have a league position that is far closer to that of the Fewers than they are to us.

Weirdest, most deluded, bullshitting set of fans ever known, who constantly have the need to feel relevant by either making random things up, weirdly asking opposition fans who they prefer Us or the Ted’s, or ringing TalkSport following our performance at the Etihad and getting all the plaudits so ring in to tell everyone that you do actually exist and how your just as good as the Ted’s cos you took 100000000 to Wembley etc. Talking of Radio stations, was talking on here the other day about how they don’t get any of their fans on Radio Bristol despite not even ringing in, one Sag asked them the question of ‘how many of you tried calling in?’

How many replies do you think he got? I’ll give you a clue, the same amount of f4cks Matty Taylor will give when he scores this afternoon. Totally ignored but still going on how hard done by they are with local news coverage, might just be something to with standard of football or the huge difference in attendances? 

Weirdest, most deluded, bullshitting set of fans ever known, who constantly have the need to feel relevant by either making random things up, weirdly asking opposition fans who they prefer Us or the Ted’s, or ringing TalkSport following our performance at the Etihad and getting all the plaudits so ring in to tell everyone that you do actually exist and how your just as good as the Ted’s cos you took 100000000 to Wembley etc. Talking of Radio stations, was talking on here the other day about how they don’t get any of their fans on Radio Bristol despite not even ringing in, one Sag asked them the question of ‘how many of you tried calling in?’

How many replies do you think he got? I’ll give you a clue, the same amount of f4cks Matty Taylor will give when he scores this afternoon. Totally ignored but still going on how hard done by they are with local news coverage, might just be something to with standard of football or the huge difference in attendances? 

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Those muppets take stupidity to a whole new level of their own !

?

D0FD2DF6-3EE4-48ED-8B41-13A0F9792B52.png

Presumably, in the ENTIRE history of football, a player has NEVER returned with his new team to a former club. 

When Flint, Joey and Bobby come to ashton Gate later this year, the ONLY issue will be if their applause is merely polite or something more enthusiastic. 

Sue him for lost revenues?  If they cap it at 8,000 then Matty will have put 800 ON the gate. 

Edited by Southport Red
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Bristol Rovers.... They do make me laugh ?

I know what you mean.

Whenever I hear of them, such as the two muppets in the pub last night chatting about them and their new stadium (as if it was done and dusted), it always brings a smile to my face.

Bless 'em, self awareness is a bit of an issue with that lot.

Enjoy our Matty scoring today Pikeys :sub:

(we know you're there)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Those muppets take stupidity to a whole new level of their own !

?

D0FD2DF6-3EE4-48ED-8B41-13A0F9792B52.png

Aswell as having the worlds most bestest fans, they also have the extremely notorious GHS, you don’t ever want to cross paths with that lot, they upload videos of their trainers at games and everything!! They are even known to square up to minibuses and nut the windows.

Scary shit that.

Seriously though who the **** do they think they are?? ?

3 minutes ago, Unan said:

Just before we signed Taylor & they thought Cardiff may be in for him ?

popuppirate Avatar
popuppirate
Reserve Team
Jan 31, 2017 at 1:06pm
BishopstonBRFC and lmgas like this
Come on Cardiff, Ricky plus 1 million and he's yours

Yes, but they also thought they’d be signing Ricky Lambert back to see out his playing days, because he loves them so much...!