IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

31 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Is Webster saying the gas assistant and kit man had a pop at him last night, of which he ignored? The tinpottery of that club never ceases to amaze me. 

No, he is saying that they each told him, presumably amicably, that he was getting some stick but that he hadn't heard it himself when playing.

Adam Webster says he was unaware of any abuse given to him by Bristol Rovers fans in their EFL Cup defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion.

The centre-back made his Seagulls debut in the game after moving from Bristol City earlier this month.

With his first game coming against the Robins' fierce rivals, Webster was anticipating a hostile atmosphere, and there were some jeers whenever he got close to the ball.

Yet the 24-year-old said he did not hear anything from Rovers fans, even after a conversation with Gas assistant Joe Dunne.

He told BBC Sussex: "I didn't actually hear it.

"Their assistant manager said something to me at half-time and their kit man said something to me after the game, but I didn't hear any of it."

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

No, he is saying that they each told him, presumably amicably, that he was getting some stick but that he hadn't heard it himself when playing.

Webster probably isn't fluent in North Bristol dribble, so didn't understand that "Sheeeeeeeeheaaaaaaddddddddd" was aimed at him.

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Keep the photos coming! 

Imagine being caught in one of those images and the general public seeing it. The shame of it. 

They weren't sheltering from the rain. They were incognito - worried someone would find out they'd been to the Mem. 

When matchday falls before payday...

IMG_1696.PNG

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, old parkender said:

Creaming themselves cos an ex player of ours(who hasn't played since July) made a mistake. Truly a very disturbed fan base 

We are truly gutted that a player we would all probably like to be successful in the future, has made a mistake for another team. He didn't seem to do that for us though, as we sold him for £22 MILLION (about the same as the poor saggies debt)!!

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Just when you thought you couldn't laugh anymore...

IMG_1691.PNG

WTF. Seriously WTF

I can see why they come on here and try and take the pee. They would be better off not showing up at all after some of these photos.

12 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Just when you thought you couldn't laugh anymore...

IMG_1691.PNG

Very funny picture but seriously where are they standing?

It's a slightly sloping area of tarmac with a clear way marking running through it.  Is that what passes for terracing at their stadium?  It looks like a car park rather than a stand.

Maybe it is a car park.