IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

So Bristol Sport are given out free socks to the needy and helpless.. Lovely gesture..

My missus saw me staring intently at this pic with my mouth wide open and is asking questions - I hope she bought my explanation...

• Haha 1

I am only now beginning to appreciate the true implications of Bury’s expulsion from the EFL. 

One of the many consequences is that the Odd Squad across town now have a football free weekend and they are understandably thinking of ways they might be able to generate some income for their club to offset the loss of match day revenue. 

The best suggestion (not sure if it counts as thinking outside the box, but I wouldn’t have thought of it in a million years!), is to move the g*s girl’s first fixture of the season to that Saturday, so they get their ‘football fix’ (so far so good), make it free entry (naturally!) as there will be a big crowd (sic!) have a 50-50 cash give away, higher a room (the club can offer a discounted room rate and can open ‘Irene’s Kitchen’ should anyone fancy a Sunday roast). And then, what better way to round off the day than a bout of bar top mice racing (with real live mice! One punter has predictably suggested eating any competitors that don’t come up to snuff). Apparently it’s ‘hilarious’ and the pounds come rolling in!

This thread on g*s chat, coupled with those images of their ‘match day experience’ create quite an impression. It’s like the land that time forgot over there, but with an aging and seemingly insular fan base it is perhaps inevitable that their attitude and outlook will be forever locked in the halcyon days of their youth. What a bloody shower!

12 minutes ago, Judah_Eskendar_Tafar said:

I am only now beginning to appreciate the true implications of Bury’s expulsion from the EFL. 

One of the many consequences is that the Odd Squad across town now have a football free weekend and they are understandably thinking of ways they might be able to generate some income for their club to offset the loss of match day revenue. 

The best suggestion (not sure if it counts as thinking outside the box, but I wouldn’t have thought of it in a million years!), is to move the g*s girl’s first fixture of the season to that Saturday, so they get their ‘football fix’ (so far so good), make it free entry (naturally!) as there will be a big crowd (sic!) have a 50-50 cash give away, higher a room (the club can offer a discounted room rate and can open ‘Irene’s Kitchen’ should anyone fancy a Sunday roast). And then, what better way to round off the day than a bout of bar top mice racing (with real live mice! One punter has predictably suggested eating any competitors that don’t come up to snuff). Apparently it’s ‘hilarious’ and the pounds come rolling in!

This thread on g*s chat, coupled with those images of their ‘match day experience’ create quite an impression. It’s like the land that time forgot over there, but with an aging and seemingly insular fan base it is perhaps inevitable that their attitude and outlook will be forever locked in the halcyon days of their youth. What a bloody shower!

I don’t think there’s anything “outside the box” or “special” about rodents running around their club house and kitchen..! 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Judah_Eskendar_Tafar said:

In the Gas world, this is called thinking outside the tent 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TuxHarry said:

#familycluboftheyear at it again.

I really don't want to stick up for the poor sags, but rightly or wrongly, these "homophobic" chants were just "we can see you holding hands". If there were more unsavoury ones then fair enough, but I was told by 2 saggies that is all that was sung. The Brighton fans then sung back about them being too ugly to get a boyfriend (or along those lines). Seriously is that really now classed as homophobic, will the Brighton fans come under scrutiny for calling other fans "ugly"? 

I honestly don't see anything offensive in any of that, and if it was sung by our lot I certainly wouldn't take any offence to it. 

Has the World gone totally PC bonkers, or is it just me not seeing anything in that? Will anyone be getting kicked out for singing "you fat ******" in the near future? 

15 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I really don't want to stick up for the poor sags, but rightly or wrongly, these "homophobic" chants were just "we can see you holding hands". If there were more unsavoury ones then fair enough, but I was told by 2 saggies that is all that was sung. The Brighton fans then sung back about them being too ugly to get a boyfriend (or along those lines). Seriously is that really now classed as homophobic, will the Brighton fans come under scrutiny for calling other fans "ugly"? 

I honestly don't see anything offensive in any of that, and if it was sung by our lot I certainly wouldn't take any offence to it. 

Has the World gone totally PC bonkers, or is it just me not seeing anything in that? Will anyone be getting kicked out for singing "you fat ******" in the near future? 

You’re just a town full of benders was the other chant apparently.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You’re just a town full of benders was the other chant apparently.

Ok that is a bit over the top if true.

But where do you draw the line when it comes to offence? Many of our fans when at Brighton a few years ago sang a lot worse, I know it may be a different time now but there is no offence meant by most football songs. When will we not be allowed to sing "who ate all the pies", "you fat b******", call a managers mother a "lady of the night", abuse players with whatever is made up on the spot etc etc. It is mainly banter in a stand and is forgot about when the whistle goes and you leave. Too many people are offended on behalf of others (who they do not even know and certainly do not know that persons point of view). Won't be long before you get given a song sheet of songs you are allowed to sing the way it is going.

Ban those songs just like the Boxing ring women and darts walk on girls - who were happy in their job and earning good money, all because some other women didn't like it.......

In fairness Brighton used to sing 1:0 to the Nancy boys when they scored much in the same way Cardiff sing 1:0 to the sheepshaggers when they score.

I'd be more offended by the dwindling numbers of ugly looking down trodden lemmings who still turn up there zombiesque for their fake fanta, stale crisps and a pastie token. They'd be better going to the Salvation Army.

• Like 1