IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Because fat people have a choice about being fat, eat more than you burn off then you put on weight, it’s simple science.  

People can’t choose to be or not to be gay, that’s the difference.

If you are on about whether a chant against fat people is nice or not then yeh I agree, probs not nice for a fat person getting sung at, but they have a choice.

And another example of your ignorance and laughable generalisation

Ill give you just one example - some disabled people are ‘( I’ll use overweight’ rather than your fat ‘label’) because they are immobile 

id suggest a large part, at least ,  of your ‘40 years experience’ has been wasted

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Well, if being fat is a choice, and therefore fair game for having the piss taken, why is religion not, which is also a choice ?

Exactly. My point (sort of) is why is it ok to have a go at one group and not the other? As said above has every single fat person got the choice? May well be 99.9% have, but you have just had a pop at the minority regardless?

Off topic slightly - the same as the last couple of years it seems to be ok to say exactly what you want about a certain Mr Trump (because plenty of his comments are absolutely complete nonsense), but it is fair game for all of the media and comedians literally rip the pee out of him (most justified). Madonna "bomb the white house" is classed as funny because it isn't meant as anything bar a dig at a useless President. Now if anyone said anything close to what has been said about Trump but about Obama you would be crucified by the press, social media etc for being racist.

What is the difference (taking out your own personal views about Obama and Trump)?

Back to the "we can see you holding hands" - I doubt many people singing it thought it was homophobic whatsoever, if everyone is saying/thinking it is then so be it, but if someone was up in court for that I (myself) still cannot see how that is portrayed as being homophobic and think it would make headline news as being complete nonsense and a waste of money.

52 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Back to the "we can see you holding hands" - I doubt many people singing it thought it was homophobic whatsoever, if everyone is saying/thinking it is then so be it, but if someone was up in court for that I (myself) still cannot see how that is portrayed as being homophobic and think it would make headline news as being complete nonsense and a waste of money.

I think it's been pretty well established that this wasn't the only song being sung

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

Anyone remember their nasty little match day announcer calling Junior Bent Bent?

I was there when he did it at Trumpton!

He also announced at half-time during a match that referee Gurnham Singh was “also available for children’s parties”, making him both a homophobic and a racist. 

5 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

The only people that are constantly persecuted IMHO. Weird isn't it? Everyone else is offended but a white, caucasian, heterosexual British male can't win. We're not LGBT, of a different race or religion, just normal, average, British blokes.

Political correctness is killing this country. 

If this offends, I really don't give a shit my little snowflakes, report me. 

In what way?

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ordinarily I like this thread. I think Rag Bag Rovers actually did themselves some credit by releasing that statement. 

Now that’s over with, can we have some more embarrassing photos from their ground etc please. I liked those. 

I can't help with photo's of the Mem Fordy, it's somewhere I avoid as much as possible. I do have these pictures of the Pirelli stadium though. I thought I would post in advance of gasheads, posting about "tinpot" little Burton. 

pirelli-stadium-burton-albion-fc-external-view-1419075787.jpg

pirelli_stadium_panoramic_1.jpg

Small but fit for purpose I think would be a fair description.

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I can't help with photo's of the Mem Fordy, it's somewhere I avoid as much as possible. I do have these pictures of the Pirelli stadium though. I thought I would post in advance of gasheads, posting about "tinpot" little Burton. 

pirelli-stadium-burton-albion-fc-external-view-1419075787.jpg

pirelli_stadium_panoramic_1.jpg

Small but fit for purpose I think would be a fair description.

Burton really need portaloos to make it a proper ground. 

• Haha 1

I posted an opinion yesterday on my experience of political correctness which ironically has been taken by many as being politically incorrect, which was not the intention.

This thread has a higher purpose, which is mocking Bristol Rovers, and any other subject matter (especially politics) should be banned.

Apologies for going off topic and if I offended any white British males....and those with weight issues....now COYR

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I posted an opinion yesterday on my experience of political correctness which ironically has been taken by many as being politically incorrect, which was not the intention.

This thread has a higher purpose, which is mocking Bristol Rovers, and any other subject matter (especially politics) should be banned.

Apologies for going off topic and if I offended any white British males....and those with weight issues....now COYR

As a Bristol Rovers supporting, fat, white, British male, I am somewhat offended.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6