IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Using Gas Logic which dictates only 15% of your fans actually attend home games we have over 130K supporters...........if 236% of our fan base all donated £75K per month for 22 years I cannot think of a single major trophy we wouldn’t win.

So,

306,800 fans donate £900,000 for 22 years.

That's £6.075 Trillion (£6,074,640,000,000.00).

Since 1999, the average total PL transfer spend is up roughly 720%, so using that as an inflation marker, after 22 years the club will have £43.75 Trillion (£43,737,408,000,000.00 - double the US' current GDP)

Real Madrid (the richest club in the world currently with an estimated £4.25 Billion) would have inflated to £30.6 Billion after 22 years, which would be eclipsed 1429.73 times by lil old Bristol City.

That would've saved Bury...

but wouldn't have won us the world cup!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

10 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

So,

306,800 fans donate £900,000 for 22 years.

That's £6.075 Trillion (£6,074,640,000,000.00).

Since 1999, the average total PL transfer spend is up roughly 720%, so using that as an inflation marker, after 22 years the club will have £43.75 Trillion 

I believe The Gas are looking for an accountant and you appear well qualified. 

Investment appears not to benefit from growth, or be eroded by inflation and only using Gas Logic does the comparative growth over the defined period in transfer spend mirror that of growth in investment ( to achieve your outcome fans would only cough up £900k each in year one, after which they'd be digging deeper.)

Excuse me for asking but you're not currently involved in auditing their attendances, are you?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I believe The Gas are looking for an accountant and you appear well qualified. 

Investment appears not to benefit from growth, or be eroded by inflation and only using Gas Logic does the comparative growth over the defined period in transfer spend mirror that of growth in investment ( to achieve your outcome fans would only cough up £900k each in year one, after which they'd be digging deeper.)

Excuse me for asking but you're not currently involved in auditing their attendances, are you?

I rather simplified it and assumed each fan would pay a blanket £900k every year, no more, no less. 

And that sums gifted would only inflate.

2 minutes ago, STeveOELlis said:

I rather simplified it and assumed each fan would pay a blanket £900k every year, no more, no less. 

And that sums gifted would only inflate.

Ah! Was the assumption they'd pay upfront in full, or monthly by Direct Debit as that massively impacts the investment?

I note you neither confirmed or denied your involvement in preparing attendance returns at The Mem...? Perhaps you also do their away figures?

For this season, I would expect an average home attendance of around 8k from which you can probably deduct around 500 away.  So I would suggest only around 7.5k Pikeys will actually attend this season unless their performance picks up dramatically.

A further gradual decline will continue over the next few years as they begin to slip down the leagues and their neighbours enjoy entertaining the likes of Liverpool, Man C, Man U, Spurs, Arsenal, etc. just a few miles across the city.

Of course, figures quoted are for tickets sold and I believe attendances are somewhere in the region of 15% lower (suggesting that less than 6.5k can be bothered to get off their sweaty fat arses).

Edited by wendyredredrobin

24 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I see that a Tory MP has "crossed the floor" to become a Lib Dem

I know that Matty Taylor's transfer got their knickers in a twist, but do you know of a fan who has "crossed the floor" from blue to red in Bristol?

I do actually. My old man.

Growing up, he lived close to Eastville, and would watch them. He never really bothered with football much when I was a youngster, but when I developed an interest and started going with my pals, there was no influence on who to support.

My mates were City. So there I went.

Anyway, long story short, I started taking him to odd games, then I got him a membership when he started to want to go a lot more. I finally took the plunge and got him a season ticket.

He has had one for over 20 years now.

The conclusive proof that his journey was complete, was a rather sweary rant before we played the Gas (I think Agostino scored, after getting the ball close to the half way line), resulting in a ....'hope we do these ****'s'.

He ain't a Fewer!

Also. I'm brilliant for managing this. More conversions that the Bears and Billy Graham. That's my plan.

I currently inhabit Gloucester Road boozers, looking for the disenfranchised to educate.

So, weirdly @myol'man - my old man WAS a Rovers fan....

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

On the face of it that is remarkably close, would be good to know if we had more in the way of long distance journeys than them though I.e. Sunderland, Boro, Hull etc

I wouldn't say it was close !

I would say mind the gap.

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

On the face of it that is remarkably close, would be good to know if we had more in the way of long distance journeys than them though I.e. Sunderland, Boro, Hull etc

Four hundred difference is quite large considering rovers were off the back of a near miss to top six following consecutive promotions.

Topper Gas
Gas 

Topper Gas Avatar

Posting Level

less than a minute ago  
Post Options

Post by Topper Gas on less than a minute ago

Little's been poor all night, he's about the only Rovers player who doesn't look interested.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

I know that Matty Taylor's transfer got their knickers in a twist, but do you know of a fan who has "crossed the floor" from blue to red in Bristol?

When I was growing up, around 16 or 17 the house next to mine was occupied by 3 boys around the same age. 2 were utter ***** but the other one I grew quite close to and we became good mates. Years later he got married, and I met his father in law. Who actually believe it or not supports BOTH City & Rovers. I couldn't believe my ears, and my recall of the situation is rusty and I can't remember his reasoning. But I do remember he told me he had a season ticket for both clubs, and would attend each game individually as long as there wasn't a City game or a Rovers game at the same time, if this happened he would just do one and then another. So a City game when both were on, and then a Rovers game, but if only one club was playing he'd go watch that!

I suppose you could also count myself, as I believe I went to a few games at Ashton Gate when I was 4 or 5 with my late City-supporting step dad, but my dad (bless his heart) had had a rough childhood and so didn't know how to bond with me, and so he asked if he could take me to Eastville because the only thing that he thought would help us bond was going to watch Rovers, and so around 6 or so I suppose I did switch sides!

My late step dad was a wonderful man, when my dad saw himself unexpectedly out of the job he realised he couldn't fund buying both him and me a season ticket, and so my step dad offered to and paid for them. Yes, you heard that right! A City supporter paid for 2 Rovers supporters to have season tickets, was such a wonderful man! Not someone who switched though no.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Unan said:
Topper Gas
Gas 

Topper Gas Avatar

Posting Level

less than a minute ago  
Post Options

Post by Topper Gas on less than a minute ago

Little's been poor all night, he's about the only Rovers player who doesn't look interested.

When you’ve previously won the trophy with a much bigger club it must be difficult to find the motivation. #agentlitts 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

The other way there was that mysterious disabled bloke who could make himself invisible to CCTV that we gave a good kicking to who subsequently started following them*

*may not be a true story no matter how many times Henbury Sag pretends it is

• Like 1

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

A neighbour and older friend of mine went by the name of Blackjack - some may remember him ?

He was a prominent Rovers supporter for some years but, and I never knew why as I lost contact over the years, he later became a city supporter.

He'd be lost with todays sanitised "football experience."

• Like 2