IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

38 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

A neighbour and older friend of mine went by the name of Blackjack - some may remember him ?

He was a prominent Rovers supporter for some years but, and I never knew why as I lost contact over the years, he later became a city supporter.

He'd be lost with todays sanitised "football experience."

Former Rovers fanzine editor now an AFC Wimbledon supporter, got disillusioned during the Higgs era. Would’ve thought they’d come sprinting back now they are such a well-run outfit under Wael...

Edited by WessexPest
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

A neighbour and older friend of mine went by the name of Blackjack - some may remember him ?

He was a prominent Rovers supporter for some years but, and I never knew why as I lost contact over the years, he later became a city supporter.

Was this the same Blackjack form Hartcliffe/Withywood area? (can't remember which exactly) who used to frequent the East End every home game in the late 60s/early 70s.  I knew that one well until I left the area for a short while due to work during the 70s.  I never knew that one as a gashead!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coupon said:

Was this the same Blackjack form Hartcliffe/Withywood area? (can't remember which exactly) who used to frequent the East End every home game in the late 60s/early 70s.  I knew that one well until I left the area for a short while due to work during the 70s.  I never knew that one as a gashead!!!

Southmead.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

On the face of it that is remarkably close, would be good to know if we had more in the way of long distance journeys than them though I.e. Sunderland, Boro, Hull etc

It’s not remarkably close, especially as they claim to travel everywhere in much larger numbers than us and our away support is supposedly ‘shit’.

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

This guy is confused..........

"There are many causes, much more important that Rovers, and if I was to invest in Football it would be in a new ground for Frome, one that would last them a good 20 odd years and one where they had, a café, restaurant, bar and whatever so that they could survive. I think you can make a huge difference to a small club rather than watch a big club piss it against the wall"

it looks like he thinks they are a big club?

It also looks like he thinks they've got a wall!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I know one. Now a season ticket holder. Forced by his son who didnt want to watch lower league football.

1 hour ago, Homer Simpson said:

According to radio Bristol 96 away fans.

Does this mean they are still boycotting this competition or as a proportion of their home vs away support, because their home support is so shit, this merely confirms that they travel away in massive numbers because it's 'what they do'?

Either that or they were staying at home watching the Brexit debate....any reason not to go.

3 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Does this mean they are still boycotting this competition or as a proportion of their home vs away support, because their home support is so shit, this merely confirms that they travel away in massive numbers because it's 'what they do'?

Either that or they were staying at home watching the Brexit debate....any reason not to go.

They "read" it as BR exit debate..................they thought it was how Wycombe should have gone down for fielding ineligible player !

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It’s not remarkably close, especially as they claim to travel everywhere in much larger numbers than us and our away support is supposedly ‘shit’.

Ask any Rovers fan about travelling to away games and the first line they generally trot out is that ‘shitheads’ (said with gritted teeth and a seething sneer) are fair weather supporters unlike them who are faithful and true. Then you’ll hear about Ashton Gate being a library followed by ‘shitheads’ (said with gritted teeth with a seething sneer) moaning expecting to be top of the league by some divine right because they are arrogant and deluded.

Finally, ‘shitheads’ (said with gritted teeth and a seething sneer) spit at old ladies and they also spit at their own players as soon as they have a bad game because City are a vile so-called ‘family’ club, Matty Taylor is a snake, 1982, Dean Windass.

All this justification totalled up in their heads proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that they travel in numbers and we just turn up when the going is good.

#Gaslogic

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Yeah, saw him at Fulham in '72, told him I thought he was Rovers, he replied "**** the Rovers", knew quite a few back in the day who switched to City, apparently it was a better laugh with our lot

• Like 1

13 hours ago, myol'man said:

I see that a Tory MP has "crossed the floor" to become a Lib Dem

I know that Matty Taylor's transfer got their knickers in a twist, but do you know of a fan who has "crossed the floor" from blue to red in Bristol?

A lad I grew up with kept "crossing the floor".

He started as Gas, switched to City, went back to the Gas, then back to City and ended up as a Man U fan.

I haven't seen him in over 20 years, but I would happily bet a lot of money that he supports Man City now.

• Haha 3