IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

44 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

A lad I grew up with kept "crossing the floor".

He started as Gas, switched to City, went back to the Gas, then back to City and ended up as a Man U fan.

I haven't seen him in over 20 years, but I would happily bet a lot of money that he supports Man City now.

You wouldn't see him. He's fat, sitting in a chair and getting his fix of football through his new OLED screen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

6 years ago today they told us they had their new stadium. We're still laughing now

Yes, one of the few songs they actually sung that night. From what I could see across the netting in the East End, most of them looked like they’d never experienced a Bristol Derby before and appeared to be shell shocked.

Then again when you’re used to Basement league grounds, strutting around like you own the place and shouting abuse at adjacent family stands, Ashton Gate must have been an eye opener.

”See u next year SHITHEADS” they were posting on Facebook afterwards...

Hahahahaha **** off!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Doesn’t time fly . Remember being all tangled up in the eastend when JET let fly . Hope we never play the squatters again. But what a feeling scoring against them 

Wouldn't mind playing them at Ashton Gate in the cup. Just to laugh at their comments after the match informing us how shit our stadium is. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Wouldn't mind playing them at Ashton Gate in the cup. Just to laugh at their comments after the match informing us how shit our stadium is. 

I honestly think the most likely chance of us playing them would be our U23s against them in the JPT (or whatever guise it is under now)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I think other than a spell in the 50's this is the longest period we have not played them!

I do miss the derbies although obviously I’ve no desire to see them become a regular fixture on the calendar again as that would either mean we had sunk back to their level or that’s Wael had finally found his reputed wealth down the back of the settee, but an FA Cup meeting would be nice.

That would spoil their delightful habit of being humbled at home by nonleague teams though so if the Bristol Derby continues to lay dormant than it’s fine!

I don’t know we have to faff around issuing “mates rates” voucher codes for the Wigan game. 

Rovers season ticket holders get to take a couple of mates along to every game, free of charge*

*subject to passing your season ticket through the gates to your mates outside. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I don’t miss the derbies one little bit - and I’ve seen plenty. I sincerely hope that we don’t have to experience one for another 20+ years.

I want the fewers never to have the opportunity to experience  our fabulous ground, other than at a summer concert. I don’t want them to have a chance to desecrate it. 

F’ck em. 

don't want those pricks anywhere near are ground not even for a pop concert 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I don’t miss the derbies one little bit - and I’ve seen plenty. I sincerely hope that we don’t have to experience one for another 20+ years.

I want the fewers never to have the opportunity to experience  our fabulous ground, other than at a summer concert. I don’t want them to have a chance to desecrate it. 

F’ck em. 

Totally agree with this.

No-win fixture for us, even if we were in the same division they’d play on the fact that we’ve got Lansdown and their owner isn’t actually loaded like they told us he was.

Its a proper cup final for them.

As you say “F’ck em”

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Totally agree with this.

No-win fixture for us, even if we were in the same division they’d play on the fact that we’ve got Lansdown and their owner isn’t actually loaded like they told us he was.

Its a proper cup final for them.

As you say “F’ck em”

Hammer them - "well we are sh1t and know we are, and expected to get well beat"

Scrape past - "we are not that far behind and coming for you"

Lose - "all the millions you have spent and we have a better team that cost peanuts, we will be above you in a couple of seasons"

It would just be their cup final, and look what we did against Man U and Man City. We would just be in a lose lose situation, and you know they would more than likely cause some sort of damage down there. As much as I would really love to hammer them, I couldn't care less if we never play them again.

Great night/ just got into the ground and jet hit that beauty!

did run on the pitch at the end - I should grow up?

went back to the lions and got back to briz at 3

The 2-1 in the cup at Eastville was the best in my lifetime.However it was a great night despite the insignificance of the competition.

The 4-2 at Trumpton was a nice day as well

ftg

18 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Bryan goal was louder. Also it will never beat the Christian Roberts goal against Hartlepool. The goal that made the Dolman move!!

Graham Poll said that in his opinion as someone who had officiated at both venues, Ashton Gate was louder than the Nou Camp that night.

Just mentioning it for all the passing slags who claim we play in a library.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Graham Poll said that in his opinion as someone who had officiated at both venues, Ashton Gate was louder than the Nou Camp that night.

Just mentioning it for all the passing slags who claim we play in a library.

Mr Poll also confirmed he preferred us to rovers

• Haha 3