IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes, one of the few songs they actually sung that night. From what I could see across the netting in the East End, most of them looked like they’d never experienced a Bristol Derby before and appeared to be shell shocked.

Then again when you’re used to Basement league grounds, strutting around like you own the place and shouting abuse at adjacent family stands, Ashton Gate must have been an eye opener.

”See u next year SHITHEADS” they were posting on Facebook afterwards...

Hahahahaha **** off!

I took a (proper, from Salford) Man Yoo fan and a Swansea fan to that game - in the pub after they both said the atmosphere was unreal, more intense than the Manc and South Wales derbies, I found that very hard to believe, but they insisted ... still not sure, but interesting feedback on the hatred in our fair city!

22 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes, one of the few songs they actually sung that night. From what I could see across the netting in the East End, most of them looked like they’d never experienced a Bristol Derby before and appeared to be shell shocked.

Then again when you’re used to Basement league grounds, strutting around like you own the place and shouting abuse at adjacent family stands, Ashton Gate must have been an eye opener.

”See u next year SHITHEADS” they were posting on Facebook afterwards...

Hahahahaha **** off!

Also posting after the game how they were attacked by they vile s’heads at FT (totally unprovoked of course) this despite after the game had started a fair few of them storming into the ground and giving it the big un etc then at FT they started breaking the EE seats and throwing it at those on the pitch.

Always the victims.

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

That game had everything. Skeletor missing that penalty. Then Donowa’s late strike . Wow . Forget so many games and moments with city over the years. But not that 

Wasn't that the game Ian Alexander lost the captaincy of the Fewers?

(I only remember it, as someone had made a banner about him being at home watching Corrie)

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

That game had everything. Skeletor missing that penalty. Then Donowa’s late strike . Wow . Forget so many games and moments with city over the years. But not that 

That was deliverance - we had almost forgotten how it felt to beat the Gash at that point and it all looked bleak again until the Skellington had his spotkick saved.

Then LD stoops to conquer and three quarters of the ground do their collective nut.

• Like 1

Some other favourite derby memories:

1984: 3-0 win at the Gate, first time we had met them in the league in a fair while

1993: The night when we effectively relegated them. Great atmosphere that evening

1997: Beating them three times at their new hovel in a calendar year

1998: 2-0 win at the Gate (partly thanks to a bit of a dodgy penalty award) that went a long way to securing our automatic promotion

2000: 3-2 Beadle-inspired victory the Friday before Xmas. Gash took the lead after about 50 seconds but weren’t in the game after that.

Edited by WessexPest

14 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

1984: 3-0 win at the Gate, first time we had met them in the league in a fair while

1993: The night when we effectively relegated them. Great atmosphere that evening

1998: 2-0 win at the Gate (partly thanks to a bit of a dodgy penalty award) that went a long way to securing our automatic promotion

2000: 3-2 Beadle-inspired victory the Friday before Xmas. Gash took the lead after about 50 seconds but weren’t in the game after that.

That must have been Beadle’s best ever game , ever .

The guy was immense ( and immense ! )

All the Gas giving him a hard time and him shoving it all down their throats.

Bless you PB .

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

What are the chances of a limited overs cricket game being played on a Saturday evening (during an Ashes Series) in Bristol getting a higher gate than the Fewers this weekend?

It's a QF and takes place after the Ashes has finished for the day, so I'd be shocked if the attendance wasn't higher than the 15ers.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

That must have been Beadle’s best ever game , ever .

The guy was immense ( and immense ! )

All the Gas giving him a hard time and him shoving it all down their throats.

Bless you PB .

Chanting “Beadle! Beadle!” at the Scum was the most cathartic thing ever in light of previous AG derbies. He almost capped it off with a superb fourth goal - juggled the ball on the edge of the area and flashed a shot just wide.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WessexPest said:

I remember an evening back in the early 70s when we played the Gloucestershire Senior Professional Cup Final at Eastville, in the  days when it was a big deal and both teams put out a first team. Our forward line scored the first four leaving Skirton, no 7, the odd one out and they fed him until he got the fifth...happy days and not much has changed. 

Edited by Fatknacker
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

I remember an evening back in the early 70s when we played the Gloucestershire Senior Professional Cup Final at Eastville, in the  days when it was a big deal and both teams put out a first team. Our forward line scored the first four leaving Skirton, no 7, the odd one out and they fed him until he got the fifth...happy days and not much has changed. 

Galley, Garland, Kellard, Sharpe and Skirton!...I was there too.

• Like 2

On 19/05/2015 at 12:00, Fordy62 said:

I'd be celebrating if I were them. There were two places to go up and they got one of them. Fair enough.

What I wouldn't be doing is having an open top bus parade. I really really hope they do though. That'd be embarrassing. Very embarrassing.

Never mind that Fordy. Why didn’t you warn future Fordy to just stick with one child. You know he’ll go and do something stupid like have three!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

I remember being stood on the Tote that evening surrounded seemingly only by City supporters. When the final whistle went, I had the place virtually to myself as everyone else seemed to be on or around the pitch.

I had a very happy walk back to St George that night!

9 hours ago, WessexPest said:

That was deliverance - we had almost forgotten how it felt to beat the Gash at that point and it all looked bleak again until the Skellington had his spotkick saved.

Then LD stoops to conquer and three quarters of the ground do their collective nut.

More like 7/8 I would think, surely they didn't have all the PE ?

On 04/09/2019 at 13:28, pride of the west said:

6 years ago today they told us they had their new stadium. We're still laughing now

I never want to play them again.

Rivalry is built on sharing a common theme whether that be location or league but the only thing we share is the city's name.

It would definately be a no win scenario for us such is the sizemic gap between both clubs on and off the pitch and that is ever widening with all of the progress we make as a club just tends to highlight all of their pitiful ineptitude going in the opposite direction.

I am at the stage where I now don't even see them as a rival anymore just a laughing stock to poke fun at and ridicule.

Deep down they are bitter and envious, they know we have everything they don't  have so much so that a victory for them is us losing, irrespective of how their team's done. Seemingly I don't know another city/town with the same moronic mentality.  Like I said green with envy and a constant reminder of how bitter they are.

If you engage in any sort of debate with one, like a lemming, they can only retort with "shithead" when they quickly run out of ideas 

• Like 12