IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Unan said:

Our potential support puts us right up there with the likes of Middlesbrough, Southampton, West Ham, Wolves, Blackburn, Derby etc etc.

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/8410/missing-2-000#ixzz5yxBhaLAU

Undoubtedly the most deluded idiots on the Planet.

They never have and never will have the support that Derby, Wolves, West Ham etc have. 

Where the hell do they get the nerve to constantly accuse us of having delusions of grandeur when they regularly trott out shit like this?

I’ve never heard a City fan compare our support with clubs like that and we get considerably more than 6500 turning up to our home games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Unan said:

200, 300 tickets for kids every game? Say 2 or 3 extra stewards needed per 100? £100 per steward for the day. £300 outlay? Sell 7 kits to the 300 of them & that's your money back, or 100 of the 300 kids buying a drink.

Apparently, if a stand is open, it needs to be staffed on the basis that stand could be full.

Probably exceptions to that, but that was one the rule of thumb.

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Undoubtedly the most deluded idiots on the Planet.

They never have and never will have the support that Derby, Wolves, West Ham etc have. 

Where the hell do they get the nerve to constantly accuse us of having delusions of grandeur when they regularly trott out shit like this?

I’ve never heard a City fan compare our support with clubs like that and we get considerably more than 6500 turning up to our home games.

It is a complete obsession with how many they get every week - odd behaviour in the least I don't know any other support that does it.  I diagnose a severe bout of Attendicitis with no cure

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Even by Gaslogic criteria that comment is just plain mental. We may as well say our potential support is up there with United, Barca, Bayern and Juve.......it’s about as realistic as that guff!!

You mention "realistic" there and I think this is the key:- reality (ie that which cannot be denied or fibbed about or dreamed up or manipulated or massaged in the mind: the league table, which does not lie remember) has them wedged between Mk Dons and Shrewsbury, and trailing "the likes of" Wycombe, Fleetwood, Burton and Rochdale.

Who wants to dwell on and inhabit that reality, that undeniable, unbearable truth? When you can dream up your own more pleasant, alternative "reality" where your support could be up there with West Ham or Blackburn (imagine imagining your support could be "right up there" with Blackburn!)

I know what I would do, if we were wedged between Mk Dons and Shrewsbury, and trailing the likes of Wycombe. ...... and your crowd was smaller than Leyton Orient, of L2, at the weekend.....

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

struggling to see the point in this thread . Us city fans go on about how there’s only 1 team in Bristol and how the gas mean nothing to us yet we have a page on them over 1140 pages long . Can someone enlighten me ?

Genuine question , out of interest , what age group are you ?

Just now, Charlie0016 said:

Ta

I Understand that for you the Sags and the feelings towards them and the rivalry with them means little 

For many of us of middle age , and some younger and older they will always be a subject of real dislike and something to take the p out of at every opportunity

Some of us remember 82 when they tried to Nick our ground , and their loud arrogance during parts of the 80s and 90s 

Many remember events before and during those periods and some after but there are many that really despise em with good reason

Personally if this thread , only reminds our younger fans that they are a laughable stain on Bristol it will have done its job

Plus it’s really enjoyable to take the p out of them 

;)

• Like 19

20 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

struggling to see the point in this thread . Us city fans go on about how there’s only 1 team in Bristol and how the gas mean nothing to us yet we have a page on them over 1140 pages long . Can someone enlighten me ?

If you've got to ask ..........

a) you just don't get it                 or

b) You're a sag

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ta

I Understand that for you the Sags and the feelings towards them and the rivalry with them means little 

For many of us of middle age , and some younger and older they will always be a subject of real dislike and something to take the p out of at every opportunity

Some of us remember 82 when they tried to Nick our ground , and their loud arrogance during parts of the 80s and 90s 

Many remember events before and during those periods and some after but there are many that really despise em with good reason

Personally if this thread , only reminds our younger fans that they are a laughable stain on Bristol it will have done its job

Plus it’s really enjoyable to take the p out of them 

;)

Ok thanks for that ... was just confused that’s all ! 

For me I probably hate Swindon more than the gas but that’s purely down the the 14/15 season 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

Ok thanks for that ... was just confused that’s all ! 

For me I probably hate Swindon more than the gas but that’s purely down the the 14/15 season 

1.Totally opposing Bristol City Councils offer of funding when we were close to going bust in 82, then having the audacity of trying to buy Ashton Gate for peanuts at the same time.

2. Chanting and booing during a minutes silence for our chairman wjo had unfortunately died in 1991.

3. Holloways comment of 'the only good City fan is a dead one'

4. Rovers fans opposing our bid for Ashton Gate/Vale to be used as a World cup stadium. 

5. Stealing the rugby ground with totally reprehensible behaviour.

6. Punching horses, punching players, stealing from the supporters club/changing rooms and racist abuse....

7. Ian Alexander

They are a stain on the underpants of Bristol and have been for over 40 years.

Yes, they haven't been relevant for your lifetime, but a lot of people have long memories and will never forgive or forget.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

1.Totally opposing Bristol City Councils offer of funding when we were close to going bust in 82, then having the audacity of trying to buy Ashton Gate for peanuts at the same time.

2. Chanting and booing during a minutes silence for our chairman wjo had unfortunately died in 1991.

3. Holloways comment of 'the only good City fan is a dead one'

4. Rovers fans opposing our bid for Ashton Gate/Vale to be used as a World cup stadium. 

5. Stealing the rugby ground with totally reprehensible behaviour.

6. Punching horses, punching players, stealing from the supporters club/changing rooms and racist abuse....

7. Ian Alexander

They are a stain on the underpants of Bristol and have been for over 40 years.

Yes, they haven't been relevant for your lifetime, but a lot of people have long memories and will never forgive or forget.

Chanting 'rapist' at a recently deceased former player after unproven allegations were made against him.

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

On the Stanley matchday thread they`re saying that the bloke who scored the penalty had coins thrown at him (mentioned it in his post match interview apparently).

The family club on show again.

Wael, being the astute businessman that he is, will not have missed this potential earner and wool now be taking penalties on the pitch before & during half time, at home games, holding a bucket. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie0016 said:

Hi, you must be new to this football malarkey.

The point of this thread is to laugh at a bunch of absolute bitter clowns who totally despise us. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Is this total weapon talking about the same Bristol Rovers Woman’s team that we’re abandoned by the Gas when they decided to withdraw funding?

If so how did Lansdown ‘steal’ them?

They’re a fine bunch to talk about theft or accuse football clubs who have never left their spiritual home of being a ‘franchise’.

18C7411D-A6FA-4D61-B260-5B26FD41709F.jpeg

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Is this total weapon talking about the same Bristol Rovers Woman’s team that we’re abandoned by the Gas when they decided to withdraw funding?

If so how did Lansdown ‘steal’ them?

They’re a fine bunch to talk about theft or accuse football clubs who have never left their spiritual home of being a ‘franchise’.

18C7411D-A6FA-4D61-B260-5B26FD41709F.jpeg

Absolute belters……...