IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Taken from wiki. They loved them so much they stopped funding them and they would Have basically of gone bust.

Bristol Rovers, now in the bottom division of The Football League, found themselves unable to continue financing a women's team in 2006 and withdrew funding. Bristol Academy of Sport agreed to bankroll the team for 12 months, but there were serious doubts during the 2006–07 season that the club would survive beyond the summer. 

————————

it wasn’t until 7 years later that city got involved with funding them, how on earth that means we stole them in gas logic I will never understand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

We could fit there attendances in our main stand . Yet compare themselves to West Ham. Unbelievable 

Spot on. Not sure but I actually think we possibly could have fit their entire last attendance in just the bottom tier of our main stand! It must be close...

Edited by nebristolred

9 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Spot on. Not sure but I actually think we possibly could have fit their entire last attendance in just the bottom tier of our main stand! It must be close...

Imagine if the unthinkable happened and they had to play a game at Ashton Gate because the Mem was condemned.

Which stand do you open?

They all probably has better facilities than anything the Mem has to offer, all would be likely big enough to house the Fewers who made the journey, and at the end of the game, there would likely be tears as they knew what they would be going back to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Is this total weapon talking about the same Bristol Rovers Woman’s team that we’re abandoned by the Gas when they decided to withdraw funding?

If so how did Lansdown ‘steal’ them?

They’re a fine bunch to talk about theft or accuse football clubs who have never left their spiritual home of being a ‘franchise’.

18C7411D-A6FA-4D61-B260-5B26FD41709F.jpeg

In 2006, Rovers withdrew funding from the club and Bristol Academy bankrolled the team.

Other than that though, Lansdown stole them to add to his franchise that isn't a franchise.... Gaslogic

15 hours ago, Unan said:

Our potential support puts us right up there with the likes of Middlesbrough, Southampton, West Ham, Wolves, Blackburn, Derby etc etc.

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/8410/missing-2-000#ixzz5yxBhaLAU

My potential bank balance puts me right up there with the likes of Jeff Bezos.

I’m only a few 100s of billions short.

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Imagine if the unthinkable happened and they had to play a game at Ashton Gate because the Mem was condemned.

Which stand do you open?

They all probably has better facilities than anything the Mem has to offer, all would be likely big enough to house the Fewers who made the journey, and at the end of the game, there would likely be tears as they knew what they would be going back to.

If they had to squat somewhere I’d hope S.L. would tell them to sod off...?

Edited by luke_bristol
  • Like 3

The Fewers many attempts to either rewrite or airbrush history never succeed...basically because 95% of them are as thick as shit.

Only in #Gaslogic can you ruthlessly withdraw funding and leave a team right in the lurch and when your rivals come in years later with the funding play the poor hard done by........always the victims.

37 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

If they had to squat somewhere I’d hope S.L. would tell them to sod off...?

Really? I would charge them some ridiculous game by game fee and insist on the payment up front. I would also charge them clean up fees for every act of vandalism by their jealous ungrateful "fans", assuming there were some who would actually come to the gate to watch. (watch from the pavements remember?)

14 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

On the Stanley matchday thread they`re saying that the bloke who scored the penalty had coins thrown at him (mentioned it in his post match interview apparently).

The family club on show again.

This is a vicious lie .

The coins weren’t aimed at the goalscorer it was just contributions to the SAVE THE GAS fund .

A family club.

:yes:

15 hours ago, Charlie0016 said:

Ok thanks for that ... was just confused that’s all ! 

For me I probably hate Swindon more than the gas but that’s purely down the the 14/15 season 

I actually dislike swindle more than the sags and all of the shenanigans that went on during our double winning season just underlined that for me.

The sags however are just a laughing stock and continue to be almost on a daily basis. I mean the latest laugh being that their support is up there with Derby, West Ham & Blackburn. Very delusional.

Try asking a sag fan [and they are becoming a rarity] for an explanation or even trying to engage in any constructive debate and in less than a minute one is usually met with the standard response of "shithead"

24 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gasheads-gone-bristol-rovers-crowds-3297869

BP highlighting poor gas attendance. Are they breaking their own code? 

Look at all the pathetic excuses...

They’re just not as loyal as they claim to be, but then we knew that already.

19 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Look at all the pathetic excuses...

They’re just not as loyal as they claim to be, but then we knew that already.

the entire fanbase of that club is like some brainwashed cult (the L may be swapped as applicable), where they all believe their own lies.  I’m no psychologist but that reeks of inferiority complex.  Imagine getting agitated about attendances?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

If you take away the away supporters, the average home attendance for that lot is around 6,800.

Loyal and true :laughcont:

Not long now....

From that picture it looks to me like if you take away the stewards the average home attendance is around 1,500.

Loyal and true stewards...

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gasheads-gone-bristol-rovers-crowds-3297869

BP highlighting poor gas attendance. Are they breaking their own code? 

Where have they gone? The Bristol Post may have broken with tradition to an extent but stop short of pointing out (as I did over the weekend on here) that our attendances have increased by an even great number over the same period. So........... coincidence? 

I am sure that there a group of "football fans" in Bristol, who would go to a game if it looked attractive enough, whether it was red or blue. I think that a large percentage of those are now putting more money into the red side, because of the ground, the quality of football and the overall match day experience. There might still be games at the mem they go to over the course of the season, in the same way as I might go to Wetherspoons for something cheap and easy once in a blue moon, but generally I think they are sticking with quality.

"Six goals, a red card, and a highly memorable overhead bicycle kick from Rovers striker Jonson Clarke-Harris which will be spoken about for years is certainly a good advert for the third tier of English football"

Really?? A rather industrial overhead kick in a 3-3- draw against Accrington Stanley in front of 6500 fans?? Hardly going to be remembered once a long hard winter kicks in and results/attendances flounder.

However, a sublime pass from none other then Matty Taylor for Korey Smith to slide in a 93rd minute winner against Man United in the quarter finals of the cup in front of 26,000 fans and millions worldwide.....now THAT will be spoken about for years!

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

"Six goals, a red card, and a highly memorable overhead bicycle kick from Rovers striker Jonson Clarke-Harris which will be spoken about for years is certainly a good advert for the third tier of English football"

Really?? A rather industrial overhead kick in a 3-3- draw against Accrington Stanley in front of 6500 fans?? Hardly going to be remembered once a long hard winter kicks in and results/attendances flounder.

However, a sublime pass from none other then Matty Taylor for Korey Smith to slide in a 93rd minute winner against Man United in the quarter finals of the cup in front of 26,000 fans and millions worldwide.....now THAT will be spoken about for years!

The overhead kick was similar to Fammys, towards the end of  last season, don't ask me to get the highlights up for you though as I've already forgot what game it was in, less than 6 months later.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

seeing as it is a cabbage patch of a pitch, he probably slipped in horse manure and went arse over tit to execute that kick to be fair 

5 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Check out this response to the BP story about their dwindling attendances!

Weirdly, I find it completely possible to watch a 90-minute game of football even if it falls amid a 5-day cricket match I'm interested in.

Maybe Gasheads just can't multi-task??  

• Like 1