IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

matt228

Winger

I know it's not for a while but family circumstances mean I find myself in the southwest on the same weekend the Lads are at Bristol. I've never been to an away game and fancy going to this one.

I'm completely clueless: for little clubs like that can away fans just buy tickets on the gate?
Edited by Unan

58 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Another 'blog' from an American.....Some of his comments reguarding the Mem :)

https://englishsoccerguide.com/english-soccer-game-day-bristol-rovers-v-port-vale/

Some of those comments are excellent. 

Found his one on us https://englishsoccerguide.com/seeing-a-game-at-bristol-city-fc/ It's us hosting Brighton in the 2016/17 season. One quote:

"The stadium [Ashton Gate], frankly, was a revelation. It fairly gleams compared not only to Memorial Stadium across town but to many of the stadiums I’ve visited."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 22A said:

Page 20 of today's "Metro"; a Leeds fan applied to become Spurs manager in 1999. His only experience is the game Football Manager.

Spurs wrote back with a rejection letter. He now has a collection of 68 rejection letters and wants to complete a set of all 92 EFL & Prem clubs.

Due to his experience, would he get a rejection from the gas?

Always reminds me of this! 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2340324/amp/Football-Manager-Vugar-Huseynzade-got-FC-Baku-job.html

On 09/09/2019 at 14:38, elhombrecito said:
 0_Bristol-Rovers-v-Brighton-and-Hove-Alb

I'm quite impressed with the Gas in this instance actually...

In the face of dwindling support, instead of laying off crowd control stewards, look closely at the above pic. It clearly shows the stewards have been reassigned to new duties as toilet attendants.

A bloody good ratio of attendants to cubicles too, almost one per urinal, very impressive, far above industry standards.

I'm sure the fella taking a pee in trap 11 appreciates the excellent service provided.  

(note the discrete 'gents' sign on the far wall … well done The Gas! ?)   

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, 22A said:

Page 20 of today's "Metro"; a Leeds fan applied to become Spurs manager in 1999. His only experience is the game Football Manager.

Spurs wrote back with a rejection letter. He now has a collection of 68 rejection letters and wants to complete a set of all 92 EFL & Prem clubs.

Due to his experience, would he get a rejection from the gas?

If his salary demands are well below the national minimum wage and his philosophy is ‘lump it forward and aim for Big Dev’ then he will no doubt displace the foinal turd currently at the helm.

19 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15029/praise-kosovo

Those thick ***** don't even know the offside rule. 

'how could lino not see Sancho 2 yards offside when he was right in line!!'

'Not a fan of VAR but when officials are so blatantly incompetent as last night , I mean the offside was not millimetres it was Metres!'

Square balls with the goalscorer being behind the ball obviously not a thing in League One.

They’ve never seen a proper football match in their lives. Goal hanging hoofball is more their style.

14 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's been a few weeks since Wally talked about the new stadium at the fruit market.... 2 year delivery wasn't it?

Anyone seen how it is progressing?

It now becomes obvious why Wally doesn’t give timescales.....However, I know a man who does......”Unlucky Da Shit”!

10 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Is that who the GHS went to see at the Man Bar in Blackpool?...

Be careful of the liberal snowflakes taking your jibe at the Sags completely out of context and turning it into a direct attack on the LGBT community mind!

6 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Flipping heck.  Where have all the Gasheads gone?, 

Seems like its such boring place to be nowadays that even the camp Pirate has resorted to amusing himself by attacking the phonelines with his cutlass.

As per my warning to BanburyRed....beware the snowflakes.

Edited by Gert Mare

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 14:38, elhombrecito said:
0_Bristol-Rovers-v-Brighton-and-Hove-Alb

Fans enter the ground through the North Terrace Entrance ahead of the Carabao Cup Second Round match at the Memorial Stadium, (Image: PA)

--------------------

Ah yes, stewards struggling to hold back the hordes there :laugh:

This image has obviously been photoshopped.

No ground in even the lowliest of leagues in this country can be that tinpot and shi-ite.

14 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Another 'blog' from an American.....Some of his comments reguarding the Mem :)

https://englishsoccerguide.com/english-soccer-game-day-bristol-rovers-v-port-vale/

Massive club :laugh:

"with my visit to tiny League One Bristol Rovers" 

"Bristol Rovers are, indeed, a small club"

"the man in the club shop, which was smaller than a box car"

"the whole ground looks a bit like they took it apart to fix something and haven’t put it back together yet"

"past the VIP parking area (six cars)"

"the Press Room (another aspiring box car)"

Oh, and my favourite from his blog on his trip to Ashton Gate...

"Good food, big crowd, modern stadium. We’re not at Rovers anymore!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Sturman 1 said:

Had some spare time on the way to work and had the pleasure of re-reading this beautiful thread.

I do wonder why this wasn't merged with this thread though?

Anyway, enjoy the read!

I wonder if it was automatically archived due to the date?

The date of the last post on that thread is ironically the same as the first one of this thread

I don't want to merge them in case I archive this current thread in error

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Look how happy the players are with the launch of their online shop ...

OnlineShop.jpg.3a8ba9e1e8bd5a70505207b129fb4ff5.jpg

...and more happy looking players here ....

https://brfcdirect.co.uk/

...but there are some exciting bargains to be had ...

FamilyClubMug.jpg.9b559c49c27ede480a10912a4ffee346.jpg

Please tell me the colouring book comes with crayons? That would be so apt but at least the saggies would have something to eat apart from the moisture they lick off the windows. 

20 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Please tell me the colouring book comes with crayons? That would be so apt but at least the saggies would have something to eat apart from the moisture they lick off the windows. 

it comes with whiteboard markers, so they can colour in a whiteboard in quarters for their UWE display to entice more fans to the Minimal (or scare them off for life)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I just hope it comes with an instruction manual.?

Edited by NOTBLUE

5 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Be careful of the liberal snowflakes taking your jibe at the Sags completely out of context and turning it into a direct attack on the LGBT community mind!

As per my warning to BanburyRed....beware the snowflakes.

What does this crap have to do with the thread? Take your tiresome persecuted right winger sob story elsewhere.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1