IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Or it's been previously used and some of the pages have already been coloured in by real 5 yr olds.

Page 3, oddly enough for a football publication, has a section of various dog breeds to colour In, for some mysterious reason it appears that most of the pages 2, 3 & 4 are stuck together.. (any idea why?)  ????

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, phantom said:

I wonder if it was automatically archived due to the date?

The date of the last post on that thread is ironically the same as the first one of this thread

I don't want to merge them in case I archive this current thread in error

I think we talked about it at the time and the consensus was that we start a new dustbin thread after they scraped their way back into the league.

We can resurrect the other one in a season or two or start another called something like `Bristol Rovers administration/bankruptcy dustbin thread`.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Please tell me the colouring book comes with crayons? That would be so apt but at least the saggies would have something to eat apart from the moisture they lick off the windows. 

You've just got to hope that the colouring book has a stadium to fill in - oh, the irony!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sturman 1 said:

Had some spare time on the way to work and had the pleasure of re-reading this beautiful thread.

I do wonder why this wasn't merged with this thread though?

Anyway, enjoy the read!

Blimey, there was an amazingly accurate prediction here!!!

pongo88

• pongo88
  • OTIB Supporter
  • 6,710 posts
  • Location: A little to the east of west and a bit south of north
On 22/04/2014 at 11:33, OddBallJim said:

My main gripe is that if Rovers did go down, I can see them being something of a marquee club for the Skrill,

If they go down, I can see them being a marquee club as well.  They'll start work on their new ground, and run out of money, so will just have a few large tents around the pitch instead of proper stands.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think we talked about it at the time and the consensus was that we start a new dustbin thread after they scraped their way back into the league.

We can resurrect the other one in a season or two or start another called something like `Bristol Rovers administration/bankruptcy dustbin thread`.

The ‘Bristol Rovers Liquidation thread’ has a nice ring to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Porto Red said:

"A lack of excitement is a good reason not to attend fixtures".

That's utter garbage. What true fan gives up going after 2 or 3 games due to a lack of excitement?

The real reason is the gas have very few true fans at all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Porto Red said:

Looks to me like a list of very shit excuses.

Several signings but no ‘big name’, Football is a bit defensive and they’re mid table League 1 without concrete plans for a huge stadium they don’t need.

Boo ******* hoo

Plenty of clubs are worse off and their fans don’t desert them at the drop of a hat.

The real reason Rovers crowds have dropped - Gasheads aren't as loyal as they pretend they are.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1