IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Why would anyone want their photo taken by the Auschwitz sign? Let alone posing with a flag of your team?

I’ve never been there, the only place comparable to it I’ve been to is the 9-11 memorial and museum in New York, I didn’t take a single photo in there as it was a very sobering experience.

It would seem that the significance of Auschwitz was lost on this particular moron. 

I would like to believe it’s been photoshopped. Having been to auschwitz, it’s quite remote so there is long journey to reflect on what you are about to experience. No words can describe emotions whilst you are there. It’s not dressed us as tourist attraction and no punches are pulled and there is little to prepare you for what you are allowed to see. Torture chambers, medical experiment rooms, huts 40 feet long that housed HUNDREDS of prisoners and rooms that are literally filled floor to ceiling with suitcases, glasses, and human hair. I walked round alternating between shock, anger, and tears. It truly is a awful awful place. Everyone should go if they can only to remind themselves on the atrocities that man can inflict on man due to lack of tolerance, hatred, and twisted ideology.

if this picture is real I am truly at a loss for words 

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, gl1 said:

I would like to believe it’s been photoshopped. Having been to auschwitz, it’s quite remote so there is long journey to reflect on what you are about to experience. No words can describe emotions whilst you are there. It’s not dressed us as tourist attraction and no punches are pulled and there is little to prepare you for what you are allowed to see. Torture chambers, medical experiment rooms, huts 40 feet long that housed HUNDREDS of prisoners and rooms that are literally filled floor to ceiling with suitcases, glasses, and human hair. I walked round alternating between shock, anger, and tears. It truly is a awful awful place. Everyone should go if they can only to remind themselves on the atrocities that man can inflict on man due to lack of tolerance, hatred, and twisted ideology.

if this picture is real I am truly at a loss for words 

When I was a nipper in the mid fifties I can remember reading stories in the News of the World about these atrocities. Even at that age I could not understand how cruel human beings could be to other human beings and I have never wanted to see the evidence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

When I was a nipper in the mid fifties I can remember reading stories in the News of the World about these atrocities. Even at that age I could not understand how cruel human beings could be to other human beings and I have never wanted to see the evidence.

Fair enough. I just found it to be very humbling and it changed my outlook on life from that moment to this. As they say, lest we forget 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, gl1 said:

Fair enough. I just found it to be very humbling and it changed my outlook on life from that moment to this. As they say, lest we forget 

I did not intend my post to be critical or anyway offending so apologise if you saw it as such, it was just how it affected me at such a young age. At least we both had life changing experiences which hopefully instilled in us both some sensitive feelings to the rest of the human race.

16 minutes ago, gl1 said:

Yep, how it changes your outlook on life is incredible, it really is.  It’s  not outlandish to say that it changes your very being.  I said to my partner after we visited that I think it should be made part of the curriculum for all 15/16 year olds to visit there - funded by the government.  As harrowing as it may be, it may make for a better future for all of us. Although seeing the picture of this **** maybe I was wrong. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

I did not intend my post to be critical or anyway offending so apologise if you saw it as such, it was just how it affected me at such a young age. At least we both had life changing experiences which hopefully instilled in us both some sensitive feelings to the rest of the human race.

No offence taken fella

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They must be losing a fortune. I assume they count (like every other club does), all season tickets sold.

So the pay on the day is going to be minimal - if not, near negative.

Worryingly hysterical time ahead.

Just busy proving to prospective investors that they are loyal. Huge return on investment to be had, clearly. 

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've been to both JP and didn't take a pic of either but do remember sobbing at Auschwitz, a truly upsetting and humbling place.

I'm glad I've been but never, ever want to go again, it really is that upsetting.

As for the picture, unbelievably bad taste.

Can’t agree with this any more.

I have been too and it’s  the most harrowing and sobering place you could imagine. I think it’s somewhere everyone should visit if they could, because the humility to gain from such a place is truly staggering. You can’t overstate how haunting it is. And it’s really tough, if you go early on your trip, you won’t enjoy the rest it will play on you for a while; if visited at the end, it’s a really sobering way to leave that will leave you in tears and detract from any enjoyment you had from a beautiful country. 

To even turn up in a football jersey carrying a flag is utterly stomach turning. 

But let’s not lose sight,  it is one of those that can’t be generalised against a fan base.

Instead you can only say this individual is an example that there are some out there - unfortunately - that have no class whatsoever. The person in the photo and the person behind the camera, they are psychopaths because no one of sound mind could contemplate their actions being acceptable. 

Even seeing that, and reminiscing of my visit, I won’t lie, it’s left me quite emotional sat on my sofa. How on earth can someone visit the place and not get it?!

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Can’t agree with this any more.

I have been too and it’s  the most harrowing and sobering place you could imagine. I think it’s somewhere everyone should visit if they could, because the humility to gain from such a place is truly staggering. You can’t overstate how haunting it is. And it’s really tough, if you go early on your trip, you won’t enjoy the rest it will play on you for a while; if visited at the end, it’s a really sobering way to leave that will leave you in tears and detract from any enjoyment you had from a beautiful country. 

To even turn up in a football jersey carrying a flag is utterly stomach turning. 

But let’s not lose sight,  it is one of those that can’t be generalised against a fan base.

Instead you can only say this individual is an example that there are some out there - unfortunately - that have no class whatsoever. The person in the photo and the person behind the camera, they are psychopaths because no one of sound mind could contemplate their actions being acceptable. 

Well said 29AR, put better than I ever could.

3 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

I bet if they played at the Azteca new fruit market bowl they would have more.

Is there some line dancing competition in Warmley hall or bingo at the labour club in staple hill on tonight.

why the low crowd from the zombies?

Each and every one of them assumed the other 40,000 were going to turn up tonight so it wouldn't matter. 

They can't even use the "I was working" excuse. They'd have to have a job. 

Edited by CotswoldRed

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Well said 29AR, put better than I ever could.

Absolutely not. You, I and 99.9% who have visited ‘got it’. These - and the adjective is four letters long and begins in C ends in NT - didn’t.