IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

31 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

I bet if they played at the Azteca new fruit market bowl they would have more.

Is there some line dancing competition in Warmley hall or bingo at the labour club in staple hill on tonight.

why the low crowd from the zombies?

Somebody opened a bottle of White Lightening in Kingswood Park...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Can’t agree with this any more.

I have been too and it’s  the most harrowing and sobering place you could imagine. I think it’s somewhere everyone should visit if they could, because the humility to gain from such a place is truly staggering. You can’t overstate how haunting it is. And it’s really tough, if you go early on your trip, you won’t enjoy the rest it will play on you for a while; if visited at the end, it’s a really sobering way to leave that will leave you in tears and detract from any enjoyment you had from a beautiful country. 

To even turn up in a football jersey carrying a flag is utterly stomach turning. 

But let’s not lose sight,  it is one of those that can’t be generalised against a fan base.

Instead you can only say this individual is an example that there are some out there - unfortunately - that have no class whatsoever. The person in the photo and the person behind the camera, they are psychopaths because no one of sound mind could contemplate their actions being acceptable. 

Even seeing that, and reminiscing of my visit, I won’t lie, it’s left me quite emotional sat on my sofa. How on earth can someone visit the place and not get it?!

Its quiet sad that quite a few years ago I was reading a book about a french town Oradour-sur-Glane and realised that it was close to where we were staying so we went to visit the town.

It is exactly as it was left by the SS (minus bodies) we decided not to take any photos as it was to upsetting to see. The woman who escaped from the church and survived lives(lived) in the new town the french built next to it.

Also did the concentration camp North of Berlin and decided I had seen enough sad sights (again no photos).

just typing this brought the memories back.

Lets hope the world has learnt its lesson  

36 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Its quiet sad that quite a few years ago I was reading a book about a french town Oradour-sur-Glane and realised that it was close to where we were staying so we went to visit the town.

It is exactly as it was left by the SS (minus bodies) we decided not to take any photos as it was to upsetting to see. The woman who escaped from the church and survived lives(lived) in the new town the french built next to it.

Also did the concentration camp North of Berlin and decided I had seen enough sad sights (again no photos).

just typing this brought the memories back.

Lets hope the world has learnt its lesson  

None as blind as those who can’t see.

In that photo we don’t see ‘gasheads’ any more than we see ‘bristolians’ nor we see ‘British’.... we see scum, and I’ll never temper nor apologies for those words. 

Ironically, today, we had questionable views on racism moved to ‘Swedish ramblings’ as if it’s for carpet sweeping whilst this house is not clean -

I guarantee this gets deleted or moved but look.  Someone said ‘Most Swedes would be happy with more negro and negress but far less Arabs.’ See here 

And it exists in nonfootball chat. He doesn’t represent this club any more than the person in that photo represents rovers.

Utterly disgusted to give this person a platform. Partly why my name isn’t in purple as a subscriber despite being a user. Give me a warning point and keep supporter of the year; this is vile. And hopefully curtails any comments on that photo until dealt with; and you’ve been caught out for an attempt at burying. For shame. 

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Mind the Gaps

F0BC2F7C-1C36-45A8-AEDF-4EBE8635B546.jpeg

A complete embarrassment to Bristol and the English football as a whole.  As Portsmouth fans once remarked, they pipe crowd noise through the PA to generate an 'atmosphere', the time must fast be approaching where they place mannequins in the empty seats to make the 'stadium' look populated (I am sure a large percentage of their 'fans' have inflatable mannequins at home they could donate to this project)

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Loyal and true??? My f’king ass!! Getting lower every game ?

“We’re Roverzzz supporters, we’re loyal and true, and we will follow the boys in blue, and white ...” 

(Unless there’s footy on the telly, it’s raining, clashing with Great British Bake Off, Cricket on Sky, Cricket at Gloucestershire, cycle race within 30 miles, half price White Lightning at Eastville Tesco, Karaoke at Patchway Social Club,  Tote End reunion at Eastville IKEA, queuing to worship at the altar of Dean Windass, paying to watch Irene on Babestation, filming themselves listing all the reasons why it’s ‘unlucky da shit’, registering on every other clubs’ forums to crave attention and affirmation that everyone loves the gas better than ‘da shit’, phoning Talksport to tell the nation that the gas take ‘massive numbers away’ - etc etc etc?)

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

6k is just pathetic.  They will surely go bust very soon if that continues.

I was quite pleased when we had 2x their attendance. Even happier with 3x, but now it's getting closer to 4x.

Let's face it, they are just an irrelevance.

No doubt about it now, our city is RED.

Their first 5 home league games have seen a total attendance of 35,231......an average of 7046

Our first 3 home league games have seen a total attendance of 65,964......an average of 21,988

We’ve played 2 games less at home and yet we have already seen 30,733 more fans through the gates.

Once we’ve also played 5 home games, our total attendance will be around 110,000.....compared to their 35,231.....some 75,000 more.

THE GAP IS MASSIVE !

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Looking at the text commentary on the beeb it seems one way traffic up the mem. Shame there is no one there to see it.......... 

Attendance:

Q- What’s worse than not being able to fill a 12.5k capacity shitehole of a ground...? 

A- not being able to HALF fill a 12.5k capacity shitehole of a ground...! 

Can’t believe we are going to fall short of 24k for our next home game...!

#mindthegap