IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

None as blind as those who can’t see.

In that photo we don’t see ‘gasheads’ any more than we see ‘bristolians’ nor we see ‘British’.... we see scum, and I’ll never temper nor apologies for those words. 

Ironically, today, we had questionable views on racism moved to ‘Swedish ramblings’ as if it’s for carpet sweeping whilst this house is not clean -

I guarantee this gets deleted or moved but look.  Someone said ‘Most Swedes would be happy with more negro and negress but far less Arabs.’ See here 

And it exists in nonfootball chat. He doesn’t represent this club any more than the person in that photo represents rovers.

Utterly disgusted to give this person a platform. Partly why my name isn’t in purple as a subscriber despite being a user. Give me a warning point and keep supporter of the year; this is vile. And hopefully curtails any comments on that photo until dealt with; and you’ve been caught out for an attempt at burying. For shame. 

I'm equally as shocked that there is a word for ingesting masturbated donkey semen - who the hell sits down and thinks - 'I know, I saw a bloke knocking one out of a donkey and then swallowing it - I'll make a word for it and put it on the internet.'

Bloody hell, there are some strange people out there.

"Stambling"

When I think of Sweden, I think of the Swedish Bikini Team, not guzzling Donkey Jizz.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, reddoh said:

Its quiet sad that quite a few years ago I was reading a book about a french town Oradour-sur-Glane and realised that it was close to where we were staying so we went to visit the town.

It is exactly as it was left by the SS (minus bodies) we decided not to take any photos as it was to upsetting to see. The woman who escaped from the church and survived lives(lived) in the new town the french built next to it.

Also did the concentration camp North of Berlin and decided I had seen enough sad sights (again no photos).

just typing this brought the memories back.

Lets hope the world has learnt its lesson  

I fear it never will, given the shameless nationalism (the bad side) racism and growing penchant for voting in nut jobs. If Trump was around in 1930s Germany, I know which political party he'd have been a member of..... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“We’re Roverzzz supporters, we’re loyal and true, and we will follow the boys in blue, and white ...” 

(Unless there’s footy on the telly, it’s raining, clashing with Great British Bake Off, Cricket on Sky, Cricket at Gloucestershire, cycle race within 30 miles, half price White Lightning at Eastville Tesco, Karaoke at Patchway Social Club,  Tote End reunion at Eastville IKEA, queuing to worship at the altar of Dean Windass, paying to watch Irene on Babestation, filming themselves listing all the reasons why it’s ‘unlucky da shit’, registering on every other clubs’ forums to crave attention and affirmation that everyone loves the gas better than ‘da shit’, phoning Talksport to tell the nation that the gas take ‘massive numbers away’ - etc etc etc?)

Yeah, I think that just about covers it....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The Fewers are claiming gates are down 3,500 - can't be that many surely, as that would imply they have been averaging close to 9,500.

Is #GasMath the new #gaslogic?

Their average last season was 8,320.

They tend to exaggerate everything.

(they averaged 9,302 in 2017 - their highest in 40 years) :D

48 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The Fewers are claiming gates are down 3,500 - can't be that many surely, as that would imply they have been averaging close to 9,500.

Is #GasMath the new #gaslogic?

10,000 - 3,500 = 9,000.  Plus you have to carry over the 40,000 locked outside which gives you a total of 60,000 loyal, prowed and true fans.

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Their average last season was 8,320.

They tend to exaggerate everything.

(they averaged 9,302 in 2017 - their highest in 40 years) :D

Which, applying Gaslogic, means “if they were in our position” (an old favourite of theirs) they would piss all over us and would be expecting 35k plus including car park “lockouts” for the visit of Swansea on Saturday........

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Which, applying Gaslogic, means “if they were in our position” (an old favourite of theirs) they would piss all over us and would be expecting 35k plus including car park “lockouts” for the visit of Swansea on Saturday........

And they miss the point that part of the reason they are not in our position is that their piss poor support means they are losing money hand over fist.

Edited by Port Said Red

This one appears to be playing a game of ‘Shit Excuse Bingo’.

Not quite a full house, keep going Saghead...don’t forget bike rides and the Ashes ?

“nothing season”....yeah, 2 or 3 points off the Play Offs with 8 months to go and their best start to a season in ages. You might as well just give up now Gasheads....

F43A2A67-BC44-4A8F-AE38-41D46EF04F81.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Presumably some of them are making the move south? 

Anyone know any Gasheads who have made the permanent switch in the last 18 months? 

I certainly don't, but I know plenty of Gasheads who never go to a game. Many more that don't than do in fact. 

I know of a couple who go and watch the rugby, but I don't know if that is instead of, or as well as watching the Fewers.

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15062/bristol-rovers-open-contract-talks

Keep your eyes peeled for the 'release clause!'

No way is he signing a new deal at that shithole.

If he keeps up his current scoring rate then he'll be gone in January. Didn't realise how impressive it was actually: 16 goals in 21 (3) appearances 

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15062/bristol-rovers-open-contract-talks

Keep your eyes peeled for the 'release clause!'

Will be "worth £2m" in the summer? I'd be surprised. I'd bet a decent chunk he won't be sold for anything like that. 

A £300k-1m offer will prise him away easily from a club in dire financial straits. 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Will be "worth £2m" in the summer? I'd be surprised. I'd bet a decent chunk he won't be sold for anything like that. 

A £300k-1m offer will prise him away easily from a club in dire financial straits. 

Can see the faces of the Gasheads now when we offer Matty Taylor for Clarke-Harris on transfer deadline day!

• Flames 1

14 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Their first 5 home league games have seen a total attendance of 35,231......an average of 7046

Our first 3 home league games have seen a total attendance of 65,964......an average of 21,988

We’ve played 2 games less at home and yet we have already seen 30,733 more fans through the gates.

Once we’ve also played 5 home games, our total attendance will be around 110,000.....compared to their 35,231.....some 75,000 more.

THE GAP IS MASSIVE !

75,000x£20 (as a very rough average of the value of a ST seat, away ticket and potd price) is £1.5m. Project that over 23 home games and we're pulling in at least £7m more than them in ticket sales. I may have got those figures wrong but it seems a fair estimate. Sure our overheads will be higher - tents are cheap to maintain, and we buy in proper Fanta - but it's a stark reminder of the financial gap.

Suspect we'll get over 20k for most home games. Reading at home in October is midweek so we might dip down below that on that night. But bar a spectacular drop down the league table we should still average 21k over the season.

9 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

It goes from the 450,000 that Hull allegedly offered to 4 million in half a page.

Can get some decent tents for £4million.....

They are a thick bunch, how can a club in their situation turn down £4 million in the first place! IF a club even offered £500,000 + they would snap their hands off!!!

• Like 1