IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just had a look at that player contract negotiations thread they have running, usual hilarity.

They don't want Wally involved, and they think it's too early to offer terms, but none of them have looked at it from the point of view that he might already have a low release clause in his contract, which given he was a free signing from Cov reserves wouldn't be unlikely.

So maybe they want to offer him a better deal now, so they can remove/increase that figure and get a better price for him if people start sniffing in Jan.

But they are too stupid to consider that.

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just had a look at that player contract negotiations thread they have running, usual hilarity.

They don't want Wally involved, and they think it's too early to offer terms, but none of them have looked at it from the point of view that he might already have a low release clause in his contract, which given he was a free signing from Cov reserves wouldn't be unlikely.

So maybe they want to offer him a better deal now, so they can remove/increase that figure and get a better price for him if people start sniffing in Jan.

But they are too stupid to consider that.

He'll do whatever is right for him, not Rovers. 

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15062/bristol-rovers-open-contract-talks

Keep your eyes peeled for the 'release clause!'

5 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Will be "worth £2m" in the summer? I'd be surprised. I'd bet a decent chunk he won't be sold for anything like that. 

A £300k-1m offer will prise him away easily from a club in dire financial straits. 

It's all they have ever done in my lifetime. Sell the one asset they have to keep going for a season or two and in the meantime hope they find another.

If he keeps scoring like he is i think they will scrape 7 figures for him in Jan, that keeps them alfoat for the time being. It's what they do.

22 minutes ago, Gazred said:

It's all they have ever done in my lifetime. Sell the one asset they have to keep going for a season or two and in the meantime hope they find another.

If he keeps scoring like he is i think they will scrape 7 figures for him in Jan, that keeps them alfoat for the time being. It's what they do.

All assuming he hasn't already got a pathetically low release clause built in to his current contract. 

Their far too savvy to make that mistake again, aren't they... 

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

75,000x£20 (as a very rough average of the value of a ST seat, away ticket and potd price) is £1.5m. Project that over 23 home games and we're pulling in at least £7m more than them in ticket sales. I may have got those figures wrong but it seems a fair estimate. Sure our overheads will be higher - tents are cheap to maintain, and we buy in proper Fanta - but it's a stark reminder of the financial gap.

Suspect we'll get over 20k for most home games. Reading at home in October is midweek so we might dip down below that on that night. But bar a spectacular drop down the league table we should still average 21k over the season.

Reading at home is a Saturday I think? October 5 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

Reading that thread I’m surprised that none of them have considered the fact that he has a release clause in his contract already which is weird because my gashead workmate seems to think he’s got a 250k one already which is why they want to get him signed up to a new one ??‍♂️ 

Ahh, but if it was a 250k release clause, the 450k bid that was never made by Hull* would have been accepted.

*so the latest in the knower suggests.

They really are a desperate bunch.

I had a read of their match day thread where they were discussing the 'missing' 3000. It would appear they are all at home saving money because of Brexit. Funny how our crowds are still fine isn't it?

All Brexits fault, nothing to do with the shit ground, no money and dire football obviously as they are 'faithful and true' unless we are leaving the European Union. Supporters of other clubs are blatantly too thick to understand.

On 18/09/2019 at 19:11, TomF said:

At the police HQ open day on Sunday at Portishead I saw kid after kid wearing City Shirt.  I saw nobody wearing a Rovers one. Then again the open day did include horses and dogs so they were probably bared from attending

Football shirts spotted at school open day in Weston today - City 3, Liverpool 1, Barcelona 1.

We are quietly building a very strong support base amongst kids in the area.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I had a read of their match day thread where they were discussing the 'missing' 3000. It would appear they are all at home saving money because of Brexit. Funny how our crowds are still fine isn't it?

All Brexits fault, nothing to do with the shit ground, no money and dire football obviously as they are 'faithful and true' unless we are leaving the European Union. Supporters of other clubs are blatantly too thick to understand.

Maybe their club could issue another Brexit statement to reassure their stay away supporters.?

...or maybe it's just their fans aren't as great as they continually claim to be.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

11 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Football shirts spotted at school open day in Weston today - City 3, Liverpool 1, Barcelona 1.

We are quietly building a very strong support base amongst kids in the area.

And TBF, the kid in the Barca kit may be a City fan too.  

I let people off wearing foreign league kits. (Says the man who sometimes wears a third colours shirt from Brazilian club CR Flamengo) 

I actually know a rovers “fan” who has swapped to City, which if I am honest I respect him less for then when he was a gashead.

He asked to come to a game with me and my group and I told him that isn’t ever happening, back in the late 90’s when there was a real rivalry he would give me all sorts of abuse as a prowed gashead,  it makes me sad to think people change their club based on a new stadium etc. and he will always be that guy to me!

of course, new generations of fans is different in my opinion, but once you have chosen you have chosen - OTIB!

1 hour ago, ciderwithtommy said:

I actually know a rovers “fan” who has swapped to City, which if I am honest I respect him less for then when he was a gashead.

He asked to come to a game with me and my group and I told him that isn’t ever happening, back in the late 90’s when there was a real rivalry he would give me all sorts of abuse as a prowed gashead,  it makes me sad to think people change their club based on a new stadium etc. and he will always be that guy to me!

of course, new generations of fans is different in my opinion, but once you have chosen you have chosen - OTIB!

So does this ex rovers fan mate of yours ever invite you over to his home in Guernsey!

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, PhilC said:

I was out having drink after work tonight and pointed out to one of the prowed loyal and true that we will have 3x, almost 4x more than their attendance vs Gillingham. His response...?

"You sound bitter"

#gaslogic

The gap is getting bigger every day. 

They remind me of the bloke you used to see down the pub. You didn't like him much, he was loud and annoying, but he was always there.

Years later your own life and business is successful and you've married a supermodel only to find out his own wife has left him, he's moved into a bedsit and he's a blithering hollowed out wreck of a being. 

That's Rovers since I was a kid. 

• Like 1

Things we take for granted.

I was chatting to a Pompey fan and when I said I was from Bristol he asked me did I support rovers to which I replied there's only one team in Bristol.

I then relayed a few facts to him such as the one testicled Austrian who saved them the ignominy of having to apply for re election for finishing rather embarrassingly bottom of the entire football league in 1939.

Or the poor chap buying a season ticket for row N of one of the tented stands only to find out that it doesn't exist. How embarrassing.

Or the hugely embarassing time they were relegated to non league by a team wearing their own kit.

After recovering his composure from laughing uncontrollably for several minutes the Pompey fan duly agreed that there is in fact only one team in Bristol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3