IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

If they keep hold of Clarke -Harris I firmly believe they’ll be in a strong position for promotion! Their defence is very strong and have an inform striker who can’t stop scoring. Hope I’m wrong! but they are performing really well with no real injury concerns and we could have our first league derby next season. 

Edited by Make a Sub
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Make a Sub said:

If they keep hold of Clarke -Harris I firmly believe they’ll be in a strong position for promotion! Their defence is very strong and have an inform striker who can’t stop scoring. Hope I’m wrong! but they are performing really well with no real injury concerns and we could have our first league derby next season. 

Just as well they won't keep hold of JCH then :) 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Make a Sub said:

You're assuming a lot of things, including City hanging about in this division.

The only thing I 'firmly believe' about Rovers is they are complete s***, always have been, always will be. :city:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 28/09/2019 at 13:27, Stortz said:

If ever an illustration of the chasm was required, I just bumped into Mark Little in the Blue Lagoon on Gloucester Road having a pre game fry up in his gas tracksuit.

Shook his hand and thanked him for the double season but told him it was sad to see him in such reduced circumstances hahaha

He must have a very big tracksuit and as for health and safety .

:disapointed2se:

On 28/09/2019 at 20:49, 54-46 said:

Took my car to garage this afternoon and had some time to kill so went to Knights Templar for a cheap eat / drink

In there from 2-3 and there was a group of around a dozen blokes having a few beers, a couple of which were wearing Rovers gear and were still there when I left

What a fascinating story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

A Fewers view on their star striker....

Genuinely believe he would get in the current Man Utd team.

F’king Idiot.

A member of the R*vers backroom staff , who shall remain nameless, told me that they think that JCH is just a League 2 striker who's on a lucky streak.

57 minutes ago, Make a Sub said:

I was half impressed with their League position before I realised that have already played more games than most of the teams just below them. But I guess if you get someone on scoring streak in that league, it can make a big difference.

9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

A Fewers view on their star striker....

Genuinely believe he would get in the current Man Utd team.

F’king Idiot.

He's obviously Premiership ready, hardly a jump up in class whatsoever.......

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 17:59, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Imagine how shit their crowds would be if they weren’t enjoying their best start to a season for decades?

Or, imagine the gas do get promoted this season and City don't. Next year how embarrassing when their gates are a third, or less, than those at AG for the same opponents.

6 minutes ago, 22A said:

Or, imagine the gas do get promoted this season and City don't. Next year how embarrassing when their gates are a third, or less, than those at AG for the same opponents.

More amusing would be that should they get promoted, Wally will have to display genuine intent (tent lolz) to have them in an all-seater environment within 3 years.

They do make exceptions, such as Brentford, who had already under taken planning permission and identified a site for a new stadium.

That clock starts ticking on promotion, so if they went up and went back down again, they would only have 2 years to comply.

The Fewers will soon find out just how committed the Jordanians are then.

Although there is no chance they will go up (look at who they've played, number of reds/pens etc, they won't ride their luck all season), I would actually enjoy them being in the Championship.

Teams like Wigan & Barnsley are years ahead of them and they're struggling to stay out of the bottom 3. Rovers would get smashed and I don't think there would be any better sense of realisation for them about how large the gap is between the two clubs.

Edited by Seneca the Younger
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Make a Sub said:

:gasmask:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

More amusing would be that should they get promoted, Wally will have to display genuine intent (tent lolz) to have them in an all-seater environment within 3 years.

They do make exceptions, such as Brentford, who had already under taken planning permission and identified a site for a new stadium.

That clock starts ticking on promotion, so if they went up and went back down again, they would only have 2 years to comply.

The Fewers will soon find out just how committed the Jordanians are then.

It's OK they will have a stadium on the Fruit Market in 22 months. (not that I am counting down of course) Wael told everyone this back at the beginning of August. :whistle:

11 hours ago, Make a Sub said:

“Our first league derby...”  - you’ll have to try harder than that ...

• Haha 1