IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

That lot to get promoted? ???

There is absolutely zero chance of that happening anytime soon, this is as good as it gets for them, results haven’t been too bad but even they admit how shit football has been, wait until they hit a bad run of form and can’t buy a win, they’ll finish either in or just above the relegation zone. Getting to the Championship would be the worse thing that could happen to them, they spend f’all in the league below to compete so how on earth would they survive in a League where they’d have to spend to just stay up? That lot don’t even know that even if they did somehow survive for 2/3 they’d have to have an all seater stadium after 3 seasons I believe? So yeah they’d be well and truly shagged as that ain’t happening anytime soon despite what they think.

5 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

There is absolutely zero chance of that happening anytime soon, this is as good as it gets for them, results haven’t been too bad but even they admit how shit football has been, wait until they hit a bad run of form and can’t buy a win, they’ll finish either in or just above the relegation zone. Getting to the Championship would be the worse thing that could happen to them, they spend f’all in the league below to compete so how on earth would they survive in a League where they’d have to spend to just stay up? That lot don’t even know that even if they did somehow survive for 2/3 they’d have to have an all seater stadium after 3 seasons I believe? So yeah they’d be well and truly shagged as that ain’t happening anytime soon despite what they think.

Totally agree and don't forget that the striker they signed from Coventry reserves will be off to Man Utd in January..... he would walk into their team now ?????

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Money talks and i think anything over a million would get him. Saying that lot of other Championship clubs want it and sod a bidding war 

Doesn't matter how much they sell him for.None of the money will be reinvested into the squad or ground.

13 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

All they blab on about is 1982, but irony is that just four years later they had to sell their ground along with their soul because they were financially screwed. Bunch of hypocrites, yet they seem to blot it from their minds, but they don't like it when I use it as a comeback.

Gas scum.

I agree that they are a bunch of scummy shitehawks, but they didn't sell their ground then.

They sold it in the thirties and were only tenants.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Imagine Championship clubs going to that fly blown, tubercular favela? No, me neither.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bullbag said:

All they blab on about is 1982, but irony is that just four years later they had to sell their ground along with their soul because they were financially screwed. Bunch of hypocrites, yet they seem to blot it from their minds, but they don't like it when I use it as a comeback.

Gas scum.

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing 

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

Couldn't afford the rent because they were potless. 

Normally that sort of thing I wouldn't laugh at but as it was them, ???

They sold it to the Greyhound Company during the war, when people had a lot of other things on their mind. The fact that several of the people involved were directors of both companies, was of course totally above board! ;)

39 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

They sold it to the Greyhound Company during the war, when people had a lot of other things on their mind. The fact that several of the people involved were directors of both companies, was of course totally above board! ;)

Apparently Harry Dolman, who was interested in investing in Rovers at time, was against the idea of selling the stadium.

The Rovers Directors insisted they knew better and told him to stop being such a “gurt, jealous SHITHEAD” and the rest is history. Not the first or last time that they’ve hilariously shot themselves in the foot with an Elephant gun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bullbag said:

Gas scum.

This is one of the many reasons they are the worlds most deluded, weirdest and shitty fanbase out there, depending on what side of the bed they wake up on (sandwiched between his mother and sister), they’ll either be saying how hard done by their supporters are due nobody wanting to buy them a ground to the several Stadium comedies they’ve produced down the years OR how that they love being RagAss Rovers and how they prefer to stay that way with such a unique stadium backed up by not only the millions of away fans who’s visited there, but all those imaginary people they keep on managing to come across so who all strangely enough have recently visited AG and Chernobyl and every single one of them absolutely loved the Mem and it’s atmosphere, where as AG was shit and soulless.

FTG

15 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

Came up in 2015, didn't they? Haven't played them yet. Seems pretty accurate to me.

Yep, they did - but we played them in 107 derbies before that - many gave me fantastic memories some I’d prefer to forget - I don’t remember the gas being liquidated and reformed when they were relegated from league two so can’t see how all those derbies should be wiped from the record ... or don’t you count games pre-1982 either? 

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Apparently Harry Dolman, who was interested in investing in Rovers at time, was against the idea of selling the stadium.

The Rovers Directors insisted they knew better and told him to stop being such a “gurt, jealous SHITHEAD” and the rest is history. Not the first or last time that they’ve hilariously shot themselves in the foot with an Elephant gun.

The Chairman at the time took him to one side after the meeting and said "I think you might be better off at Ashton Gate, they are more forward thinking". 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, they did - but we played them in 107 derbies before that - many gave me fantastic memories some I’d prefer to forget - I don’t remember the gas being liquidated and reformed when they were relegated from league two so can’t see how all those derbies should be wiped from the record ... or don’t you count games pre-1982 either? 

Not quite the same tbf, Bristol Rovers have been a league club for only 4 years. 

We've been a league club for over 120

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Of course I do. I was just joshing! My first game at AG was a derby.

• Thanks 1