IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

31 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think what bothers me more than 'poverty on a plate' is the placement of the ketchup.

Am I the only one who thinks it should be up by whatever food those letters are supposed to represent?

It should certainly be at the edge of the plate, rather than in the middle to my mind.

• Like 2

On 02/10/2019 at 08:17, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

When he's in a hospital bed, with congestive heart disease, he can at least rest easy that he's not a gurt ted.

My thoughts. 15% is the healthy level of protein in a meal. Think he's looking at about 60% plus saturated cheap fats. 

• Like 1

Investor’s Chronic...Breaking News

Connie set for a jump

Shares in Bob Where’s AIM listed ConnieFrancis Investment Company look set to surge after it’s latest coup is announced. The canny slicker has adopted a “Robin Hood” style strategy of pillaging from the rich to feed the poor and investors are now licking their lips at the prospect of extraordinary profits gushing from “the Barca of the West” as Where’s latest football acquisition is being hailed.

Fund manager Nigel Woodford is said to be piling in and when asked which direction he thought the money was taking told our correspondent “ I anticipate it will go down the M1, across on the M42, south on the M5, along the M4, off at the A4174 and then in on the Bath Road.”

Nicholas Higgs is not 69

• Haha 1

On 02/10/2019 at 06:32, Vincent Vega said:

They even obsess at tea time  !

Screenshot_20191002-062607_Facebook.thumb.jpg.cbe70ddca9cb342ab8668440989dd089.jpg

Saddest thing is, someone had to deliberately find those characters in a frozen bag of potato letters. I can't imagine anyone on here a) would eat that combination or b) spell out 'sag' or 'gashead' if they did. Obsessed.

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

That lot are pretty convinced that there will be an announcement on the 11th October that the new staduim is to get the go ahead 

Not sure if they meant Oct 11th 2075 though ?

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14794/fruit-market-consortium-thread-developments?page=165

There is one sensible comment on their forum:

“Must confess, I am slightly wary of what I have been told of the consortium in talks to buy the club.. Seem to have 90% interest in the land at both the Fruit Market and the Memorial Stadium and 10% interest in the actual football”

• Like 1

On 02/10/2019 at 06:32, Vincent Vega said:

They even obsess at tea time  !

Screenshot_20191002-062607_Facebook.thumb.jpg.cbe70ddca9cb342ab8668440989dd089.jpg

Doesn't surprise me one bit.....

They talk shit, sit in a shit tent in a shitty excuse for a stadium, consume shitty out of date stadium drinks and snacks, wear shit blue and shite quartered shirts with shit names on the back... and watch a shit team playing shitty football week after shitty week of their shitty little lives... So it stands to reason that they eat shit as well! ".... Dunnit. 

Edited by WhistleHappy

12 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

That lot are pretty convinced that there will be an announcement on the 11th October that the new staduim is to get the go ahead 

Not sure if they meant Oct 11th 2075 though ?

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14794/fruit-market-consortium-thread-developments?page=165

10 hours ago, pongo88 said:

There is one sensible comment on their forum:

“Must confess, I am slightly wary of what I have been told of the consortium in talks to buy the club.. Seem to have 90% interest in the land at both the Fruit Market and the Memorial Stadium and 10% interest in the actual football”

I have been told that the sale of the Fruit Market land has been agreed, and there definitely won't any objections by anyone to a stadium there whatsoever, and the council are all on board with it.

I still do not understand why anyone would not just buy the land and build housing and commercial/retail and sell it and off they go? Now add in the Mem land there is obviously profit involved building on that as well so another positive to this so called consortium. The trouble with buying the club or even getting it free, they are losing £3 million per year, and have to pay £40 million for a stadium on top, £20 million in debt and £30 million for the land. The clubs debt will still keep rising as they will still be in the mem with their poor crowds (I suppose they will be getting £15 million for Clarke Harris though).

Why would this consortium suddenly be throwing money at the club - they won''t? I just see another "billionaire Jordanian bankers" owners coming along trying to line their own pockets. The whole situation is odd, seeing as they will be around £100 million in debt with the current debt, cost of land and stadium. Is there really that much profit in the building trade - if it does happen be interesting to see how many houses/flats are being built.

I didn't think Marvellous Marvin wanted a stadium down there anyway, so surely he will be objecting........

43 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I have been told that the sale of the Fruit Market land has been agreed, and there definitely won't any objections by anyone to a stadium there whatsoever, and the council are all on board with it.

I still do not understand why anyone would not just buy the land and build housing and commercial/retail and sell it and off they go? Now add in the Mem land there is obviously profit involved building on that as well so another positive to this so called consortium. The trouble with buying the club or even getting it free, they are losing £3 million per year, and have to pay £40 million for a stadium on top, £20 million in debt and £30 million for the land. The clubs debt will still keep rising as they will still be in the mem with their poor crowds (I suppose they will be getting £15 million for Clarke Harris though).

Why would this consortium suddenly be throwing money at the club - they won''t? I just see another "billionaire Jordanian bankers" owners coming along trying to line their own pockets. The whole situation is odd, seeing as they will be around £100 million in debt with the current debt, cost of land and stadium. Is there really that much profit in the building trade - if it does happen be interesting to see how many houses/flats are being built.

I didn't think Marvellous Marvin wanted a stadium down there anyway, so surely he will be objecting........

Buy the land. Get to the stage of convincing the council a football club isn't workable there, then sell the derelict land for housing.

• Thanks 2

I know they will say they will sell it out every week etc, but they will need a lot more people in there than their paltry crowds they get now just to cover the larger overheads and to keep the losses at 65k per week. Assuming it will be a massive loaning facility the new owners will want their investment back so how do they survive?

Still, we all know that no questions will be asked of the new owners and their intentions, and will just be shouting how rich they are and discussing a 30k stadium and Premiership in 5 years. I can see it all turning sour myself.

10 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I know they will say they will sell it out every week etc, but they will need a lot more people in there than their paltry crowds they get now just to cover the larger overheads and to keep the losses at 65k per week. Assuming it will be a massive loaning facility the new owners will want their investment back so how do they survive?

Still, we all know that no questions will be asked of the new owners and their intentions, and will just be shouting how rich they are and discussing a 30k stadium and Premiership in 5 years. I can see it all turning sour myself.

Of course, it could be that the proposed new owners are fans, and are happy to underwrite the annual loss.

Whilst I would imagine that SL would rather not have to shell out every year to keep City a float, these people do exist. And Rovers are probably starting from a higher base position (in so far that accrued losses are significantly lower than the losses on the City balance sheet).