IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Alistair Durden tweeted an hour ago that despite the Bristol Post report, David Platt is not involved in any consortium regarding da gas ... the plot thickens! 

The gas friendly local media wouldn't be bigging up the interest in their favourite club as a way of putting pressure on the supposed buyers, by any means, would they? Somewhat like they do when there's a half decent player over there who's suddenly got this club or that club interested in him.

What is it with those paranoid little shitwipes thinking that anything BCFC related and especially SL are all out to derail their next cunning plans to overtake the shit? As if SL really gives those ??’s a second thought.

Slagchat as per.....

If Richardson doesn’t plan on building a ground like the original rumoured lot that are trying to buy the Fruit Market site, then Wael should say no. 

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if Pantsdown is helping delay the buyout, seem all bit too much of a coincidence, the sh** announcing a partnership with Total produce the day after news broke about the Fruit Market. Just saying.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

What is it with those paranoid little shitwipes thinking that anything BCFC related and especially SL are all out to derail their next cunning plans to overtake the shit? As if SL really gives those ??’s a second thought.

Slagchat as per.....

If Richardson doesn’t plan on building a ground like the original rumoured lot that are trying to buy the Fruit Market site, then Wael should say no. 

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if Pantsdown is helping delay the buyout, seem all bit too much of a coincidence, the sh** announcing a partnership with Total produce the day after news broke about the Fruit Market. Just saying.

?? I love comments like this , cage well & truly rattled. 

Big day for the Gas tomorrow or so quite few them say?

Announcement imminent about the stadium.

Makes me chuckle mind as they are trying to keep it "hush hush" from the Sheeds or so they say.

Quite frankly, none of us give **** they are light years behind us and even if they get the green light it has to go through planning and then the funding is needed.

Blesss umme, they think it will happen overnight!! ?

Quite a few years id say.

13 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Slagchat as per.....

Have we got a partnership with Total Produce?

15 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Have we got a partnership with Total Produce?

Bristol Sport do....and have done for some time it looks like.  The announced deal they were on about was a renewal of the partnership where they supply fresh produce to the Bears and Flyers.  But we all know the Sags don't like to let little things like facts get in the way of anything.

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/bristol-sport-team-up-with-total-produce-foodservice/

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Slagchat as per.....

They really are such a ****ing bunch of deluded ****ing ****s.

(Sorry I am in a bad mood today so needed to vent some anger, and this felt appropriate)

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Ask yourself this just to cheer you up. Name the last Gas striker to score against Brazil? :)

Is this one of those tricky pub quiz questions where we will find out that Alan Brazil once went between the sticks when he played for Ipswich and someone who then went on to play for Rovers scored.

Or did Neymar get a great price on a chicken hutch...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Bristol Sport do....and have done for some time it looks like.  The announced deal they were on about was a renewal of the partnership where they supply fresh produce to the Bears and Flyers.  But we all know the Sags don't like to let little things like facts get in the way of anything.

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/bristol-sport-team-up-with-total-produce-foodservice/

They really are paranoid idiots.

39 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is this one of those tricky pub quiz questions where we will find out that Alan Brazil once went between the sticks when he played for Ipswich and someone who then went on to play for Rovers scored.

Or did Neymar get a great price on a chicken hutch...

No it’s just a Famara reference

Unfortunately, Stuart Taylor, a long-serving centre half for our blue friends during the late 1960s and 1970s has passed away.

Many of the younger posters on this thread will probably never have heard of him, but I had the pleasure of meeting him on more than one occasion, and I can assure you all he was a most charming man, a perfect gentleman.

Believe it or not, Stuart actually started his career playing for Bristol City.

RIP.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • Robin 1

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Unfortunately, Stuart Taylor, a long-serving centre half for our blue friends during the late 1960s and 1970s has passed away.

Many of the younger posters on this thread will probably never have heard of him, but I had the pleasure of meeting him on more than one occasion, and I can assure you all he was a most charming man, a perfect gentleman.

RIP.

R I P Stuart Taylor... (lived not too far away when I was a kid) a time when footballers were still local blokes living just slightly better off than normal working class people) Stuart at the time lived just off Banjo Island on the Park Estate Council estate, just like the rest of us.

I was always a Red but as a kid slightly miffed that Stuart Taylor was blue and therefore 'one of them'. 

Sad News.

• Like 4

Stuart Taylor was from a bygone era when players played literally hundreds of games for one, local, club. His longevity, at Rovers, is illustrated by the fact that he started in the team with Ray Mabbutt and finished playing in the team with Ray’s son Gary 

27 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

R I P Stuart Taylor... (lived not too far away when I was a kid) a time when footballers were still local blokes living just slightly better off than normal working class people) Stuart at the time lived just off Banjo Island on the Park Estate Council estate, just like the rest of us.

I was always a Red but as a kid slightly miffed that Stuart Taylor was blue and therefore 'one of them'. 

Sad News.

Iam also from park estate and remeber big stu sad news

54 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

RIP.

Wasn't he well known for being the tallest player in the football league in his day....6ft 5" I think.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

RIP.

Sad news - a proper centre half, daunting opponent and a great servant for the Rovers .... rest easy fella

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

RIP.

That I didn’t know and perhaps why I had respect for him. Very consistent player and good in the air. Back in the days when I could name a Rovers team, now, some guy with a double barrel name is about all I could offer! ?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Every one was amazed it was Lloyd and not Taylor who went to Liverpool !

Liverpool has previous on that sort of thing - didn’t they sign Nick Tanner from da gas by mistake when they meant to snag John Scales? I’m sure Dalglish almost admitted it was a case of mistaken identity ... I could have this completely wrong tho! ?

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

47 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

That I didn’t know and perhaps why I had respect for him. Very consistent player and good in the air. Back in the days when I could name a Rovers team, now, some guy with a double barrel name is about all I could offer! ?

He joined us as an amateur I think, but he didn’t play any games for City 

• Like 1