IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 07/10/2019 at 15:29, elhombrecito said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15129/rickie-lambert-flag

Seems that somebody has stolen a Rickie Lambert flag from the 15ers. 

Firstly, why the **** would somebody have gone to the trouble of making a flag to celebrate a player who has seemingly forgotten that he ever played for them? :dunno:

Secondly, it seems that theft is becoming a bit a of a problem over at Chernobyl...

udson1883
First Team

Hudson1883 Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 212 posts
2 hours ago via mobile gregsgas, clockendgas, and 1 more like this
Post Options

Post by Hudson1883 on 2 hours ago

If memory serves me, I’m sure certain items of Rovers kit were stolen from the changing rooms, during last years event? And now a rather expensive Rovers flag this time around?

Two bouts of theft (presumably from different individuals/groups) two years on the bounce, from what you would presume is the club these people support.

Words almost fail me.

Pirate Property stolen by a Pirate...

How ironic

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And the person responsible for pitching the tents is a 

Mr. Hugh.G Rection.

The thing is, when Wael bought into that shower of shyte, he knew that if the South Glos Bowl fell through, he'd have a blank canvas for the rugby ground development.

Edited by Rich
correction

Well the intriguingly named Dwane Developments UK, sole non-corporate director a Mr Hani Al Qadi and 100% owner a certain Dwane Sports, has followed in the grand family tradition of failing to file its accounts on time.

Now this may of course be an administrative oversight; or it could be that there are some transactions that are being kept from the public view whilst possibe takeover and land purchase talks are underway.

With the caveat that this may be a damp squib as this would be its first accounts filing I'd suggest a read of these accounst when they are eventually published.

Filings page; the accounts were due 30 September 2019.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11253528/filing-history

Wiztek, anothe HAQ company, hasn't missed any deadlines so there isn't general administrative oversight going on.  Just specific administrative oversight.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10664221/filing-history

19 minutes ago, Super said:

I always associated David Platt with Villa; and having checked he did play more games for them than Arsenal.  The old big club syndrome affecting the journalist there.

I can't see anything happening.  The AQs will ask for too much and Wael will want to retain a shareholding and a directorship which will be unacceptable.

I don't expect a takeover to happen until after their having gone into administration at which point a realistic asking price will be put upon the club.

• Like 2

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/oct/09/jonson-clarke-harris-bristol-rovers

Clarke-Harris getting a long piece by Ben Fisher in the Guardian online today...but good old Ben still manages to get us a mention.

"Clarke-Harris is relishing his status as Rovers’ talisman but it was at Oldham under the now-Bristol City manager Lee Johnson, who signed the striker for around £4,000, where he made his first dent in the Football League before a £350,000 move to the Championship with Rotherham a season later. Clarke-Harris is the latest in a long line of forwards to thrive in blue-and-white quarters, including Matty Taylor, Billy Bodin, Ellis Harrison and Rickie Lambert."

Forever in our shadow.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/exclusive-former-arsenal-england-star-3409789

Former Arsenal, Juventus and England midfielder David Platt is part of a consortium who are interested in buying Bristol Rovers, Bristol Live has learned.
It is understood Platt and English businessman Clive Richardson form a rival group separate to the UK-based consortium revealed in August, and have made initial contact with the club's hierarchy over the availability of the League One side.

Richardson is said to be leading the group, who have emerged over the last seven days amid growing rumours that a takeover of the Gas could be completed as early as this week.

Bristol Live understands that is highly unlikely and stems from personal claims by Richardson to senior figures within Rovers that have since been leaked to parts of the fanbase, and he is yet to formally meet president Wael Al Qadi.
He does have links to Bristol with a son still living in the city, and became acquainted with Platt around his involvement with Italian club Palermo.

Until February this year, Richardson was on the board of Sports Capital Group PLC who purchased Palermo in December 2018 for just €10, and he briefly served as club chairman before stepping down in February this year.

Platt acted in a consultancy role during SCG's takeover of Palermo, appearing at the press conference to unveil the new owners but his involvement ended after that.

Former Wimbledon and Bolton striker Dean Holdsworth was also involved with the group, as he was appointed Director of Football Operations at Palermo, but it is unclear if he has continued his association with Richardson or is part of this Rovers approach.

Despite a series of bold claims when they bought the ailing Serie B club, SCG's ownership of the Sicilian side lasted just over two months as it was soon sold to two Italian businessmen.

Since then Richardson has left the board of SCG, who are no longer involved in football, and is understood to be involved in consultancy work for a variety of sports and technology marketing firms.

Richardson previously said of SCG that they had the intention, "to invest in a portfolio of football clubs in the UK and Europe".

He added: "We felt that Palermo was a very good fit, because being on an island it had a good captive audience in terms of its potential fanbase, but also its potential pool of talent that it can develop over the years."Couple that with the fact that there were plans to build a new stadium and youth and training facilities, we felt that it was a club that really needed investment but had good potential for the future.

"We are actively looking at other clubs. We hope to make probably two further acquisitions in 2019, firstly starting in the UK market and specifically the English league."

For his part, since his last job in football as manager for Pune City in the Indian Super League, Platt has focused on his business interests and is owner of Approach Associates, a management consultancy firm based in Alderney Edge in Cheshire.

Platt was one of the stars of England's run to the semi-finals of the World Cup in Italy in 1990 and enjoyed a hugely successful career with Aston Villa, Juventus, Sampdoria and Arsenal, among others, before also serving as player manager at Nottingham Forest and first-team coach at Manchester City under Roberto Mancini.

Fruit Market latest
The emergence of Richardson's consortium is known to the other bidder for Rovers who remain in negotiations with Total Produce over the purchase of the Fruit Market site in St Philip's Marsh.

As previously reported, this consortium, who wish to remain anonymous and have kept their distance from Bristol Rovers throughout the process, want to secure the 11-acre site in central Bristol before buying the club from the Al Qadi family.

Bristol Live understands further meetings are expected to be conducted with Total Produce in the coming days with the Dublin-based food company the majority shareholder of the Fruit Market.

The other smaller shareholders are believed to have now universally accepted the consortium's offer, which is in well in excess of £20m, leaving Total Produce as kingmakers in the deal.

The Al Qadi family remain committed to a sale due to frustration over plans to build a new stadium and training ground, while the club posted losses of £65,000 a week in the accounts for 2018/19.

Edited by CyderInACan

I know what I am about to say is not likely to be a popular view on here but I'd quite like someone to actually turn Rovers into a halfway competitive side again. I miss derbies and I miss that point at the beginning of the 90s where there was a genuine argument to be had about who had the better players. I obviously want us to do better than them but a rivalry gets pointless and boring when one team is so far behind the other. I don't really give a toss about Rovers these days and am far more interested in our rivalries against Cardiff or Swansea because they actually matter but it would be good for the city to get to a point where Rovers actually pushed us a bit.

Can't see it happening though. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I don't expect a takeover to happen until after their having gone into administration at which point a realistic asking price will be put upon the club.

You mean they'll pay someone to take Rovers off their hands?

5 hours ago, Super said:

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I could never watch that goal against Belgium ever again! 

Alistair Durden tweeted an hour ago that despite the Bristol Post report, David Platt is not involved in any consortium regarding da gas ... the plot thickens! 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Despite a series of bold claims when they bought the ailing Serie B club, SCG's ownership of the Sicilian side lasted just over two months as it was soon sold to two Italian businessmen.

Since then Richardson has left the board of SCG, who are no longer involved in football, and is understood to be involved in consultancy work for a variety of sports and technology marketing firms.

He added: "We felt that Palermo was a very good fit, because being on an island it had a good captive audience in terms of its potential fanbase, but also its potential pool of talent that it can develop over the years."Couple that with the fact that there were plans to build a new stadium and youth and training facilities, we felt that it was a club that really needed investment but had good potential for the future.

few of the bits that stood out to me. Ownership lasted 2 months - sounds like the sort of ownership that would be suitable for that comedy club.

Not sure the gas quite have the same captive audience, I think there may be a much bigger/better team nearby!

Plans for a new stadium though....?!

17 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

few of the bits that stood out to me. Ownership lasted 2 months - sounds like the sort of ownership that would be suitable for that comedy club.

Not sure the gas quite have the same captive audience, I think there may be a much bigger/better team nearby!

Plans for a new stadium though....?!

Plans for a new stadium? They have plans for a new training ground, even bought a field...........