IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

56 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

The state of this plonker......I’m sure the camel herder thought exactly the same

gasheadontour said:
Why would any non-fan buy Rovers and spend many years and many tens of millions on a new stadium, training ground, youth system and first team when they could buy a championship club?

Squiffy
Because the latent potential and possible future rewards are greater for a club in our division and geographic location than for a similar outfit where there is already market saturation. There is also the opportunity to fine tune a new stadium development to maximise revenue which could be more restrictive and relatively more expensive at an established Championship club. I bet the output of a comparative spreadsheet would put us very close to the top of a list of potential high return investments in football.

If we are just talking about League football then he is probably right. Having only 90 clubs above you means your close to the top, right?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spot on mate ... those clueless plonkers have even called me a ‘glory hunter’ for supporting ‘da shit’ - their faces look like a gurning competition between Peter Beardsley, Iain Dowie and Phil Jones when I calmly explain that growing up, by the age of 15 I had watched City in all four divisions ... we reached the heights then plummeted quickly to the depths - the ‘famous’ quarters were a division above us when we sank to the bottom of div 4 and were at our lowest ebb - yeh, what a glory hunter! 

Then Sir Terrence Cooper picked us up by the scruff of the neck and gave every ounce of everything he had to get us back! And when we dicked the squatting vultures 1-2 in the FA Cup in Dec ‘83 we were still a div below them - but how important was that result?! It gave us everything back - a smile on our faces, a bit of pride, a team that often moved me to tears with their spirit and sheer bloody determination and the knowledge that we’d just dumped the gloating northerners out of the cup on their own patch not long after they’d tried to steal dear old Ashton Gate when we were on our knees ...

Glory hunter? My arse ...

I started watching City in 198fucking1...if that is glory hunting, then guilty as charged

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Got that right.

Probably highest position in the League since 1999 and they barely manage to get 7500 Gasheads at home. Embarrassing support at L1 level in a City this size.

What`ll be their excuse for not getting off their fat, sweaty arses this time? Rumours Extinction Rebellion were going to block the Gloucester Road? Worries about a no-deal Brexit?

Or just can`t be bothered?

#loyalandfew

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Much bigger crowd today % wise on previous weeks, presumably a few people getting mixed up and taking the "non League day challenge"

Boosted by fans of all the other league clubs who`s games were off due to internationals taking the opportunity to visit the home of the club every other fan in the land loves most after their own?

We can only dream of things like this as everyone else`s fans hate da shit.

• Like 1

I dislike the blue few as much as anyone but how people cannot praise them for what they are doing is beyond me!

I can’t see it lasting for them, and really hope they don’t mount any serious challenge, but IF they were to promoted we would still be out of their league in so many ways. They will be just another Burton/Yeovil.

But let them have their moment. They are doing well against the odds.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I dislike the blue few as much as anyone but how people cannot praise them for what they are doing is beyond me!

I can’t see it lasting for them, and really hope they don’t mount any serious challenge, but IF they were to promoted we would still be out of their league in so many ways. They will be just another Burton/Yeovil.

Why the **** shall we praise Bristol Rovers. **** um 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I kind of get this mate. If they were by some miracle get to the Championship they really would be the whipping boys (which would be funny) and really all they would care about is the two games against us.

What would be hilarious though is they were to get promoted in the same season we did as well.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Don’t have to praise them, but some of the comments about their results, attendance etc are just embarrassing 

Embarrassing to who exactly?

They’re the ones who bang on about having massive, loyal support all the time. Don’t see how highlighting the fact that they clearly don’t is embarrassing? 

As for giving them praise, I’ll give them the same amount of praise they give us. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Don’t have to praise them, but some of the comments about their results, attendance etc are just embarrassing 

No mate, this is a thread taking the piss out of the gas.....they scrabble a few results together usually with the aid of a penalty and or opponents sent off and you expect us to praise them.....pah, no thanks.

the only embarrassing thing is their dwindling crowds on such a ‘fantastic’ run

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, BigTone said:

1963 was my first game

I was kind of alluding to the shitness of that time (early 80s)...fair play about your appetite for self torture....even more masochistic than me!

Not as masochistic as following that rabble of snaggle toothed cesspit cleaners from Horfield.

Edited by Mike Hunt-Hertz
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I kind of get this mate. If they were by some miracle get to the Championship they really would be the whipping boys (which would be funny) and really all they would care about is the two games against us.

What would be hilarious though is they were to get promoted in the same season we did as well.

They’re coming for us!!!

That would be funny if we got promoted also - mind the gap!!

Even if we didn’t and they did, they would be in for one hell of a culture shock 

In some perverse sort of way I would quite like to play them again in a league game, how many years is it now??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Make a Sub said:

Can’t knock what the Gash are doing!! No money, no fans, s£/& ground and the list goes on, but they are a very well built side for league 1 and will be safely in the play offs this year. 

I like Rovers being in 4th place in the league. They are building up expectations for the 6,000 fans that will lead to disappointment when they fall way to mid table. 

• Like 1