IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I dislike the blue few as much as anyone but how people cannot praise them for what they are doing is beyond me!

I can’t see it lasting for them, and really hope they don’t mount any serious challenge, but IF they were to promoted we would still be out of their league in so many ways. They will be just another Burton/Yeovil.

But let them have their moment. They are doing well against the odds.

Think they are doing well , despite what is going on with their ownership and the ground. It’s early days yet, but the players appear to be playing for the shirt. Wouldn’t begrudge them a promotion , would like to see the Derby games again, but  that won’t be anytime soon as we  hopefully we will get promoted. A double promotion in Bristol would hopefully bring us out of the football wilderness in the eyes of the media.

Edited by Redandwhitescarf
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Think they are doing well , despite what is going on with their ownership and the ground. It’s early days yet, but the players appear to be playing for the shirt. Wouldn’t begrudge them a promotion , would like to see the Derby games again, but  that won’t be anytime soon as we  hopefully we will get promoted. A double promotion in Bristol would hopefully bring us out of the football wilderness in the eyes of the media.

Well said mate.  You have to hand it to them this season, no one could have predicted they’d be two points ahead of Sunderland at this stage, particularly given the way they started the season.  I’m sure I’m not the only poster on this forum who has good friends who are gas heads, and fair play to them.

• Like 1

I found a stream of their game today and watched a bit of it.

While MK were absolutely shocking, the sags played some reasonable stuff for L1 but are miles away from being anywhere near Championship standard. Some passing actually on the ground but still a fair bit of aerial stuff. Naff all up front and I would say they won't score enough to stay near the top 6. 

MK were really, really bad but I guess you can only beat what's in front of you but getting just 1 against that shower would worry me if I were a methane snorter.

Oh yeah, I thought my tele was broken as I had to check the sound was still working, it was so quiet.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

how people cannot praise them for what they are doing is beyond me!

Is there any benefit to having them in the city? Detracts from City, Bears and Flyers who would likely benefit from them moving out of the city or going non-league permanently. 

Would be great for all of the above and Bristol Sport (and sport in Bristol), how about replacing them with rugby league or an American football team or speedway or something? Would have more than an air of karmic justice also.

Edited by Rinkadink
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

While MK were absolutely shocking, the sags played some reasonable stuff for L1 but are miles away from being anywhere near Championship standard. Some passing actually on the ground but still a fair bit of aerial stuff. Naff all up front and I would say they won't score enough to stay near the top 6. 

MK were really, really bad but I guess you can only beat what's in front of you but getting just 1 against that shower would worry me if I were a methane snorter.

Oh yeah, I thought my tele was broken as I had to check the sound was still working, it was so quiet.

Thanks for putting yourself through this for your fellow reds . Your sacrifice will not be in vain . 

I confess to being a bit surprised that such a rabble could be in , let alone near the top , of league division three . 

• Like 1

Don’t have to praise them, but some of the comments about their results, attendance etc are just embarrassing 

I thought that when someone said they skanked a flukey 1-0 against a poor side, yet when we did it last week, it was hard fought and deserved. I too , probably hate them more than anyone on this forum , but come on, credit where its due. Now to make my doctors appointment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I thought that when someone said they skanked a flukey 1-0 against a poor side, yet when we did it last week, it was hard fought and deserved. I too , probably hate them more than anyone on this forum , but come on, credit where its due. Now to make my doctors appointment.

They deserved to win today, no doubt about that but, to repeat, MK were absolutely terrible.

Whether they can do it against a decent side remains to be seen and their lack of strength will probably hurt them, another 3 injuries today.

I don't think they're a bad side but nowhere near a side that could get close to survival at the higher level, absolutely miles away.

23 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I actually disagree to an extent. Decided to tune in as well. Did seem like they lacked  a lot up front but it's worth keeping in mind Clarke-Harris is injured, who's scored 47% of their goals this season. But if he was playing they'd have likely scored more.

I don't think they'll go up or get top 6, I think they will probably finish higher than they ever did with Dopey, around 8-11th would be my guess. And from the opinions of Rovers fans (that aren't deluded) that I know they've made some fantastic summer signings and have improved in a lot of areas. Most surprisingly at all they all seem to say CB, surprising as the two CBs who left were Lockyer (who's fair play to him been fantastic at Charlton this season), and Clarke (who ditched them for Dopey in L2 and was their POTY). 

What's interesting is the sags have actually scored the 16th/17th most goals in League One, but the 4th least goals conceded. 

But fair play to them imo, lots of us on here thought they were guaranteed to go down and I think that's looking extremely unlikely right now, and honestly, having a look at sagchat pre-season, even if they got mid-table that'd be a lot better than a lot on there were expecting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I dislike the blue few as much as anyone but how people cannot praise them for what they are doing is beyond me!

I can’t see it lasting for them, and really hope they don’t mount any serious challenge, but IF they were to promoted we would still be out of their league in so many ways. They will be just another Burton/Yeovil.

But let them have their moment. They are doing well against the odds.

Sorry but why the f@.k! would any City fan want praise them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

No mate, this is a thread taking the piss out of the gas.....they scrabble a few results together usually with the aid of a penalty and or opponents sent off and you expect us to praise them.....pah, no thanks.

the only embarrassing thing is their dwindling crowds on such a ‘fantastic’ run

they are 4th...show some class and then hope they lose the next three.

11 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Mods

I suppose I am the nawty step because of the 1-0 wmp police thread, am I to assume that having an opinion and getting modded is how a Forum should work? Surely if we all had the same opinions it would be a dull place. 

Come on....

You’re on moderator preview (and have been for a couple of weeks now) because of the load of complaints we had about you after your recent comments amongst other things about your fellow fans. It’s easier for us mods and admin, who are all but one doing this on a voluntary basis, than dealing with piles of complaints. Prove you can post sensibly for a while and we’ll look at removing the restriction. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

But fair play to them imo, lots of us on here thought they were guaranteed to go down

Not being funny pal, but if you or anyone else thought they were ‘guaranteed’ to go down this year after the way they finished last season and the fact that 2 of the 4 relegation spots were sown up before a ball was kicked this year...then more fool you.

That also goes for all the fickle Sags who were slagging off their manager a few games into the season and saying how they couldn’t see how they’d stay up after a few matches.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

You’re on moderator preview (and have been for a couple of weeks now) because of the load of complaints we had about you after your recent comments amongst other things about your fellow fans. It’s easier for us mods and admin, who are all but one doing this on a voluntary basis, than dealing with piles of complaints. Prove you can post sensibly for a while and we’ll look at removing the restriction. 

Patronising or what?  Come off it we all know that turning a blind eye to certain posters is all part of OTIB, I am never abusive , OK I might have views some might not like but It Is A Forum, where all views should be tolerated, like I say I don't post offensive content, but have to receive plenty, surely  by studying the thread you might see that.? I know it's difficult to remain impartial, especially with your involvement with that case, but you really should. 

Perhaps you might guide me as to what is a 'sensible' post?

• Like 2

I assume the manager who's family they were abusing not too long as is now the messiah?

Are they turning up to games now in their drones? Oh wait just seen their attendance maybe not.. ??

They still haven't beaten anyone of note.. few scabby 1-0 wins against poor fodder even for that division. I'll hold my praise for when they actually beat a side not in the bottom half and get an attendance over 8k ??? inbreds.

• Like 1