IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

46 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

I assume the manager who's family they were abusing not too long as is now the messiah?

Are they turning up to games now in their drones? Oh wait just seen their attendance maybe not.. ??

Well, that would give them a decent view but doubt it would be included in the attendance figures ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Not being funny pal, but if you or anyone else thought they were ‘guaranteed’ to go down this year after the way they finished last season and the fact that 2 of the 4 relegation spots were sown up before a ball was kicked this year...then more fool you.

That also goes for all the fickle Sags who were slagging off their manager a few games into the season and saying how they couldn’t see how they’d stay up after a few matches.

I was trying to be gracious, I didn’t have this opinion but lots on here considered their second half of season form a purple patch, same with Clarke-Harris’ form. I thought they’d finish about where they did, but many on here and on their shit forum held the opinion they had a purple patch and had lost significant quality (for sag standard anyway). 

34 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

I was trying to be gracious, I didn’t have this opinion but lots on here considered their second half of season form a purple patch, same with Clarke-Harris’ form. I thought they’d finish about where they did, but many on here and on their shit forum held the opinion they had a purple patch and had lost significant quality (for sag standard anyway). 

Oh, right.

Don’t know what time period defines a ‘purple patch’ but 6 months from the point they ditched that useless, over excited manchild seems a long time to be a ‘purple patch’.

Not sure if there really were as many City fans who thought they were dead certs for relegation as you suggest. Undoubtedly there were some but I’m afraid anyone looking at the situation in L1 this year can see that was wishful thinking.

I know more Gasheads who thought they’d get relegated this year than City fans so let’s not needlessly give them that as a stick to beat us with when the inevitably rack up enough points to stay up in what looks like a poor division from outside. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

1 hour ago, Ron Swanson said:

I assume the manager who's family they were abusing not too long as is now the messiah?

Yep, they abused GC’s daughter on social media, then some had the temerity to suggest it was City fans ... why would we care enough about their results to even contemplate impersonating them?! I don’t even know their results ... who the hell do they think they are?!

But, everyone in the world “loves da gas and hates da shit” - yeh right, they are just incredible ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Oh, right.

Don’t know what time period defines a ‘purple patch’ but 6 months from the point they ditched that useless, over excited manchild seems a long time to be a ‘purple patch’.

Not sure if there really were as many City fans who thought they were dead certs for relegation as you suggest. Undoubtedly there were some but I’m afraid anyone looking at the situation in L1 this year can see that was wishful thinking.

I know more Gasheads who thought they’d get relegated this year than City fans so let’s not needlessly give them that as a stick to beat us with when the inevitably rack up enough points to stay up in what looks like a poor division from outside. 

I posted months ago that any Div 3 club paying out £60k per week more than they are earning is going to do pretty well on the pitch.  Though one thing it won't be is sustainable.

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

He said we were much better fans and that he wished he played for us :)

Miah

if we ever meet I will buy you a pint

on condition

when I ride up on my horse "you don't punch it"

"you leave my boobs and my wife's alone'

and the 77 million backing you up outside stay outside

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reddoh said:

Miah

if we ever meet I will buy you a pint

on condition

when I ride up on my horse "you don't punch it"

"you leave my boobs and my wife's alone'

and the 77 million backing you up outside stay outside

Can’t see you having a problem here, they are masters at this, claim to have this huge fanbase yet only a handful bother to turn up.

Edited by BCFC11

Often at league 1 and 2 level, teams ca n be competitive just by being given a simple shape to play and clear and concise orders to follow. 
If you are lucky enough to find a striker in a bit of form, you can do slightly better again. 
The best teams have some strength in depth or get lucky with a lack of injuries. It sounds like the gas are about to find out if they have either of these.

6 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

That's sounds familiar. Maybe we've got more in common with that Gas than we thought. 

Course you have you're two sides of the same coin, let's be reyt two team cities are brilliant, there's about 70 clubs that don't get it, you've more in common with a Gas fan.

Ive loads of Blades mates and friendships going back 30 odd year, hating em on a Saturday and Derby day is fair game but they're still the lads you banter with, there's plenty of other clubs to truly despise, the Gas lads get what Bristol is about, verbally defend it like you lot would. Embrace the rivalry. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, weepywall said:

Can you imagine a championship Bristol derby at the former rugby ground.. mid day ko, about 1100 tickets, coach from Ashton Gate....not much to look forward to.

Not true if you like stale pasties and out of date fanta and enjoy the great outdoor camping experience being surrounded by canvas and manure.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

That's sounds familiar. Maybe we've got more in common with that Gas than we thought. 

Every single club in the League has fans who ridiculously overreact after a couple of bad results. 

Gaaheads are no different to us in that respect, no matter how much they pretend otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OwlsonlineAdmin said:

Course you have you're two sides of the same coin, let's be reyt two team cities are brilliant, there's about 70 clubs that don't get it, you've more in common with a Gas fan.

Ive loads of Blades mates and friendships going back 30 odd year, hating em on a Saturday and Derby day is fair game but they're still the lads you banter with, there's plenty of other clubs to truly despise, the Gas lads get what Bristol is about, verbally defend it like you lot would. Embrace the rivalry. 

I agree with your general point, however, there’s every chance that you’ve probably never been to the memorial ground, or experienced what a complete embarrassment they are to our City. 

At least Weds & Utd are both good clubs, as are County & Forest, Liverpool & Everton, City & Utd, etc etc. 

Rovers are a stain on the entire map of the Bristish Isles, let alone Bristol itself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I agree with your general point, however, there’s every chance that you’ve probably never been to the memorial ground, or experienced what a complete embarrassment they are to our City. 

At least Weds & Utd are both good clubs, as are County & Forest, Liverpool & Everton, City & Utd, etc etc. 

Rovers are a stain on the entire map of the Bristish Isles, let alone Bristol itself. 

Went to The Memorial Ground in 2011.