IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sky probably just assumed that it was time the Fewers signed someone people might know.

Rather than the usual headline of 'Dreams shattered as The Blue Few can't afford to sign an Irish schoolboy'.

Which I believe happened in the summer.

No, they could afford him - it was the cost of flying him over on Ryanair that was the deal breaker. The £27.99 hadn`t been allowed for in the budget.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sky probably just assumed that it was time the Fewers signed someone people might know.

Rather than the usual headline of 'Dreams shattered as The Blue Few can't afford to sign an Irish schoolboy'.

Which I believe happened in the summer.

It was probably a Fewer who done it on purpose that works at Sky, just to make them feel relevant.

10 hours ago, MattWSM said:

ok

So what do you think are the plus’s of playing that lot then apart from what I’ve mentioned above? You want them to join us in the Championship to get the league derbies back again yet even if they did I have no doubts that both games would get moved to midday kick offs which on its own takes away a lot of the atmosphere.

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

So what do you think are the plus’s of playing that lot then apart from what I’ve mentioned above? You want them to join us in the Championship to get the league derbies back again yet even if they did I have no doubts that both games would get moved to midday kick offs which on its own takes away a lot of the atmosphere.

Good point. No way would that be allowed to kick off at a normal time. 

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

You want them to join us in the Championship to get the league derbies back again yet even if they did I have no doubts that both games would get moved to midday kick offs which on its own takes away a lot of the atmosphere.

Absolutely guaranteed.

12:00 KO Sunday lunchtime, keep the Police and Sky TV happy. No doubt the club would prefer it as well. I can’t see a return of the days of knocking off work at lunchtime, spending all afternoon drinking in Bedminster before watching a Bristol Derby under the lights. 

• Admin
4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Personally, I’ve don’t miss derby matches one bit. I hope that we never have cause to play a league match against them ever again. 

Why any self respecting City supporter would ever want to see the 15ers promoted is beyond my feeble comprehension. I want them to lose every game they play. 

COYR. FTG. 

Exactly this - the sooner they vanish off our radar for good the better

Don't want those little scrotes anywhere near BS3

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Whilst I fully endorse the sentiment..............there's nothing wrong with Levi  jackets  !

You try and get an original design nowadays. They all have these stupid slanted pockets in the side and are called truckers jackets, or so I was told yesterday by the salesman in Dulay. Two buttons done up on the chest and left to flair open.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Exactly this - the sooner they vanish off our radar for good the better

Don't want those little scrotes anywhere near BS3

Certainly don’t want them worthy of competing against in a league fixture again, ever. 
The odd opportunity to batter them in a cup tie might be fun though...! ?

On 14/10/2019 at 19:52, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Don’t know if this is real?

Looks genuine, hilarious if so. Shows his opinion deep down about the club he now plays for.

Could’ve used many different examples but picked Bristol ?

Just shows how they are viewed by others outside the City....despite what terrified opposition fans tell them when they’re cornered in ‘the Welly’ by needy, dribbling Sags.

Either it wasn't real or the tweet's been deleted

8 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

I’d be happy to never play them ever again. Growing up in Kingswood during the 90’s when we were playing them and losing to them regularly was Hell at times. Whilst it is absolutely amazing to beat them, they’re unbearable to lose to.

Let that shower of shit rot in the lower leagues forever, and their deluded muppet fan base talk about their potential and “incredible away support”, they’re a giant shit stain on this city.

grange school?

• Like 1

On 16/10/2019 at 20:39, RedRaw said:

So, on sky’s error this afternoon regarding the Rodri signing for Bristol ‘Rovers’, another absolute belter..........

Breaking news shitheads. For all the money you’ve spent on team and ground and time spent playing at a higher level you still regularly get mixed up with us by fans, national media, and even the people that run the bloody game!

:facepalm:

Typical sag losers mentality. Preferring to revel in the fact that the media confuse us with being down at their level rather than the kudos of being associated with a club at a level they can only have wet dreams about (other than their Nans)

44 minutes ago, Swede said:

Typical sag losers mentality. Preferring to revel in the fact that the media confuse us with being down at their level rather than the kudos of being associated with a club at a level they can only have wet dreams about (other than their Nans)

Ha ha, look at you sheeee’ds, 2 points off the top of the EFL, on sky sports almost weekly over the coming month, superb stadium that’s the envy of many, all questioning the merits of signing an ex Barcelona player, as a quarter of your squad is away on international duty. 

pathetic - and I’m going to knock one out because someone manning the videprinter made a typo and put “Rovers” instead of “City”, because it makes me feel better about being a Naughty Word” 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ha ha, look at you sheeee’ds, 2 points off the top of the EFL, on sky sports almost weekly over the coming month, superb stadium that’s the envy of many, all questioning the merits of signing an ex Barcelona player, as a quarter of your squad is away in international duty. 

pathetic - and I’m going to knock one out because some manning the videprinter made a typo and put “Rovers” instead of “City”, because it makes me feel better about being a cvnt” 

surprised this got though.

MODS v was a u in olden times 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'd be quite happy never to play them again.

We've moved on so much as a club both on and off the pitch. Our goals are set far higher nowadays. Why on earth would you want to play and watch anything on that 5hit tip of a pitch and in that circus tent.

In a sense, playing them again is a no win situation for us but a World Cup Final for them (and I mean, WORLD CUP) It is that big a deal for them and the few half witted scabs that still support them.

Yet, for a lot of our fans, especially the younger ones it means nothing such is the ever widening gap. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

I’d be happy to never play them ever again. Growing up in Kingswood during the 90’s when we were playing them and losing to them regularly was Hell at times. Whilst it is absolutely amazing to beat them, they’re unbearable to lose to.

Let that shower of shit rot in the lower leagues forever, and their deluded muppet fan base talk about their potential and “incredible away support”, they’re a giant shit stain on this city.

A lot of fans mention that rovers were dominant in that era but looking at stats we beat them more than they beat us in the 90's. From what i can see we had a spell of four seasons without beating them between 87 and 91. 

Were they finishing higher in the league tbetween 80's and 90's (other than 90 and 91) ?