IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Not sure how he did it , but he did get two of those teams promoted, one against nearly all odds to the prem! Am i right in saying that a lot of the gas family don't like him? Read before when he was linked that many didn't want him back.

Well, he was asked on Talksport which team he wanted to win when Roverzzz played QPR in the league cup not long ago - and he said QPR - that didn’t go down well in Horfield!!!

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Just leaving this here for when they next tell us what shite fans we are and yet they are loyal and true......

ironicgas Avatar
ironicgas
First Team
44 minutes ago
bluegas and craggo like this
Awful performance, but seeing grown men boo and heckle our own players is embarrassing. Please stay away if you can't take losing a game of football.

Oh wait, you mean like when they say that City fans are the only ones who leave early and that they NEVER do that? They always stay until the final whistle and clap and cheer their players off no matter how shit they’ve been because super loyal, mega fans who deserve nothing but the best for being just amazing etc etc...?

Yeah, right.

D0FD5F09-D403-4B4F-94EA-AA24DFA8BA88.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Oh wait, you mean like when they say that City fans are the only ones who leave early and that they NEVER do that? They always stay until the final whistle and clap and cheer their players off no matter how shit they’ve been because super loyal, mega fans who deserve nothing but the best for being just amazing etc etc...?

Yeah, right.

D0FD5F09-D403-4B4F-94EA-AA24DFA8BA88.jpeg

Someone should point out that 'there wasn't many fans' in the stadium DURING the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Just leaving this here for when they next tell us what shite fans we are and yet they are loyal and true......

ironicgas Avatar
ironicgas
First Team
44 minutes ago
bluegas and craggo like this
Awful performance, but seeing grown men boo and heckle our own players is embarrassing. Please stay away if you can't take losing a game of football.

Clearly his fellow Gas have listened to him. 

In all seriousness, they were 7th in the table 1 point off the play off positions and playing a team they had every right to believe were lambs to the slaughter. Taking all that into account, just over 6.5k is a shocking performance for a team playing in a city as large as Bristol, especially as that number probably includes season ticket holders who didn’t attend.

I have no doubt that there are ‘loyal and true’ diehard gasheads, but these dwindling crowds seem to show that, their numbers are becoming fewer and fewer. The hope for a new ground is desperate because in their hearts they know this themselves, but my feeling is that the best it would offer them is a “dead cat bounce”, unless it was instantly followed by a modicum of success. 
Wael of Fortune, must be getting so much grief from his family, as they watch their wealth dwindle away down the plug hole.

• Like 2

On 21/10/2019 at 11:13, Portred said:

The blue few I work with are some how trying to sit on their high horse this morning congratulating Ashton Gate for the biggest attendance for a sporting event, thinking somehow that it’ll piss us off, then stating it couldn’t be city tho as we were all in Luton being racist. 
 This from a club who evicted Bristol rugby from their spiritual home and certainly have their fair share of bigots. 
They also claimed they’d get four times their attendance had they a bigger ground. 
We both lost on Saturday, we’re pissed off, they’re happy cus the rugby generated a bigger crowd than the football. 

Funny, very quiet this morning. Me:- ‘ I see Bolton got their 1st win of the season increasing their goal tally by 50% watched by nearly a quarter of the people that we’re watching the rugby Friday night’

they instantly started talking about their journey to work. I’ll repeat

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Can anybody spot the odd result out of this lot...?

Screenshot_20191022-223106.png

When Bolton’s performances are shown in a list like this you realise how awful there plight is. It’s an unbelievable set of results 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

If the Pompey fans are savvy enough to get tickets in the home end, they could outnumber the gasheads on Saturday.

Cheers for the heads up.

Might mean some of the pubs on Gloucester Road are going to be fairly busy for the rugby Saturday morning as Portsmouth always travel well and I would assume some of them will be making a weekend of it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Cheers for the heads up.

Might mean some of the pubs on Gloucester Road are going to be fairly busy for the rugby Saturday morning as Portsmouth always travel well and I would assume some of them will be making a weekend of it.

I assume you don't normally notice if the gas at home? :) 

9 hours ago, JulieH said:

I was on duty last night for this game and I can absolutely say that the Bolton fans were some of the most passionate football fans I have met in a long time, supported their team the whole game, showed top respect when needed for a minutes clap in memory of a Bristol rovers fan who had recently passed away  and are a credit to their team . 

Not only that , over 500 on a cold Tuesday night is a great effort !! 

I did think that was a good showing for a Tuesday night and as you say, they got behind their team. I normally miss midweek games as I tend not to be in Bristol on a Tuesday, but unluckily for me I was there last night!

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I did think that was a good showing for a Tuesday night and as you say, they got behind their team. I normally miss midweek games as I tend not to be in Bristol on a Tuesday, but unluckily for me I was there last night!

If 6k is a good showing Miah, I hate to imagine what a bad one is going to be ?

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

For a fanbase who constantly bang on about having such amazing and loyal support it really isn’t. It’s shite.

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

For a fanbase who constantly bang on about having such amazing and loyal support it really isn’t. It’s shite.

11 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If 6k is a good showing Miah, I hate to imagine what a bad one is going to be ?

I was talking about the Bolton fans.

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Like 1

Seems Cockman isn’t the sharpest tool in the box now is he......

"I think a lot of people got sucked into the Bolton situation, let me tell you that’s a Championship team and most of their players have played in the Championship.

"They brought ten or eleven players in on deadline day, let’s put things into perspective, that’s not the Bolton team that played for the first 8 or 9 games of the season, that is a different Bolton team. 

Yes it may well not be the same Bolton side that started the season but it’s certainly the same Bolton side that since deadline day have still failed to win a single game. Absolute pisspoor attempt for an excuse.

"I thought the first five minutes we were bright, we put the ball in the box and just maybe just when we don’t score a goal we drain in confidence, we looked as if we got sucked into the atmosphere.

Not all is bad it seems, they were decent for 5mins, just couldn’t be assed with the other 85 due to the atmosphere at the dump, where apparently it’s always great or so I’m told, non stop singing and backing their side. Yeah right.

Bullshitters.

• Haha 3