IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Daleks spotted on Clifton Suspension Bridge as new Dr. Who series is filmed.

Original plan was to have the Cybermen at the Memorial Ground, but then the Dr Who writers remembered the Cybermen are allergic to comedy gold.

They use the Mem to film the bits where Dr Who has gone back in time...............Somewhere in the 19th century.  Before the pasties had reached their 'sell by' dates and Fanta hadn't been invented.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

They use the Mem to film the bits where Dr Who has gone back in time...............Somewhere in the 19th century.  Before the pasties had reached their 'sell by' dates and Fanta hadn't been invented.

K-9 always avoided Darrell Clarke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Daleks spotted on Clifton Suspension Bridge as new Dr. Who series is filmed.

Daleks arrive at the Memorial stadium

"Exterminate EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINAT....wait....what are we destroying here?  Did the Cybermen get here first?  Who left a bloody tent in the middle of this place?  Is this Chernobyl?  Will we catch a disease?  Retreat RETREAT RETREAT RETREAT"

Daleks leave the Memorial stadium.

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Daleks arrive at the Memorial stadium

"Exterminate EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINAT....wait....what are we destroying here?  Did the Cybermen get here first?  Who left a bloody tent in the middle of this place?  Is this Chernobyl?  Will we catch a disease?  Retreat RETREAT RETREAT RETREAT"

Daleks leave the Memorial stadium.

Does not compute!!

breaking doctor who GIF

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 07:37, pongo88 said:

When Bolton’s performances are shown in a list like this you realise how awful there plight is. It’s an unbelievable set of results 

AND don't forget the stupid comment made by some bitter sag who was bleating on that other teams who played them early in the season had an advantage because they had to play with youth team players and lose because of their financial difficulties and why couldn't they be dead and "buried" like Bury. Absolutely shocking comment.

Last season on here discussing Bolton's plight there was naturally a lot of sympathy for their long suffering fans as there was for Bury as we are all fans together but those twisted half wits up at the swamp just don't get it. They are so deluded.

I am struggling to think of where they will be able to play their matches following administration as they must've upset all of the local clubs. Perhaps they can ground share with Berwick Rangers unless they've upset them as well!

On 24/10/2019 at 07:29, BCFC11 said:

Seems Cockman isn’t the sharpest tool in the box now is he......

"I think a lot of people got sucked into the Bolton situation, let me tell you that’s a Championship team and most of their players have played in the Championship.

"They brought ten or eleven players in on deadline day, let’s put things into perspective, that’s not the Bolton team that played for the first 8 or 9 games of the season, that is a different Bolton team. 

Even when all results prior to the transfer window are excluded, you still get the following results (again, note the odd one out):

bolt.png

It's amazing how quickly #gaslogic takes over managers after they've joined. 

• Haha 1

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 07:29, BCFC11 said:

Seems Cockman isn’t the sharpest tool in the box now is he......

"I think a lot of people got sucked into the Bolton situation, let me tell you that’s a Championship team and most of their players have played in the Championship.

"They brought ten or eleven players in on deadline day, let’s put things into perspective, that’s not the Bolton team that played for the first 8 or 9 games of the season, that is a different Bolton team. 

Yes it may well not be the same Bolton side that started the season but it’s certainly the same Bolton side that since deadline day have still failed to win a single game. Absolute pisspoor attempt for an excuse.

"I thought the first five minutes we were bright, we put the ball in the box and just maybe just when we don’t score a goal we drain in confidence, we looked as if we got sucked into the atmosphere.

Not all is bad it seems, they were decent for 5mins, just couldn’t be assed with the other 85 due to the atmosphere at the dump, where apparently it’s always great or so I’m told, non stop singing and backing their side. Yeah right.

Bullshitters.

Yes, cockman; most of the players may well have played in the championship in the past but they were released as they are not at that level now. So he's basically saying that Bolton could have played Kevin Nolan and Jon Stead who are both Premier League players and they would've had a problem. The fact that both must be nearing their 40's obviously wouldn't come into his reckoning, thick ****.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swede said:

AND don't forget the stupid comment made by some bitter sag who was bleating on that other teams who played them early in the season had an advantage because they had to play with youth team players and lose because of their financial difficulties and why couldn't they be dead and "buried" like Bury. Absolutely shocking comment.

The morons even think that they should be compensated in some way as they are now a fixture less and out of pocket on their season tickets ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

The morons even think that they should be compensated in some way as they are now a fixture less and out of pocket on their season tickets ?

If they were to get a twenty quid refund that would only be £2.50 for each of the eight s*gs that share the season ticket so it`s hardly worth the bother really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

If they were to get a twenty quid refund that would only be £2.50 for each of the eight s*gs that share the season ticket so it`s hardly worth the bother really.

That said, with the majority of them paying more for their season ticket at the dump than what I do for mine at AG they’ll get a decent amount of ££’s back if they were to be refunded.

Big game at the dump today Pompey in town, sold out away following I presume, Gasheads been blaming poor away support for their low crowds so today should be a good gauge, surely 8.5k Gas can make the effort today and with away fans that should push the crowd towards 10k......it is raining tho ???

With Rovers top scorer out Johnson Clarke - Harris (what a mouth full ) and the loss at Bolton 2-0 I see the Rovers drawing a boring 0-0 today. Both are sitting mid way in the table and respectively Rovers on 21 points and Portsmouth on 16, I see this as a bit of an incorrect position similar to Stoke as I expect Portsmouth to be in with a shout near the end of the season.

47 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Big game at the dump today Pompey in town, sold out away following I presume, Gasheads been blaming poor away support for their low crowds so today should be a good gauge, surely 8.5k Gas can make the effort today and with away fans that should push the crowd towards 10k......it is raining tho ???

They would turn up but there’s a Killers tribute act on at the Fleece.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

The rugby`s on - OK it finishes about four hours before they kick off at the swamp but still...………………………...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Nice weather to queue outside to use a portaloo. Only wish that we had such facilities at AG - I miss the 1970’s. ;)

The 70s? They can only dream of a ground that modern.

Still, when they build the new Gas-stad on the fruit market I`m sure things will be a lot better...……………………………………….

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Fewers are playing Portsmouth today. As per, Portsmouth have sold out their allocation and it isn't unusual for ticket less fans to travel.

You would imagine therefore that the game would be all ticket.

Apparently it isn't. Expect scenes.

Really? How dumb (or desperate for a few extra quid) can they be? If we were playing Pompey it would definitely be all ticket.

Still, when it kicks off I expect it will be Teds who bought tickets on the day wot dun it.

The Mem will be like a paddy field (Cockman will like that) with all this rain irrespective of how many fewers breath hot air all over it.

Would not be surprised to see the game cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch or some of the tents blowing down.

If it does go ahead, it will be a mud fest. Play up Pompey.

Edited by wendyredredrobin