IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Get that stadium built quick, they must be wedged in every week.... ?

Seriously though, Pompey bring a big following and they still don’t get over 9k at home. Pathetic from a club who tell everyone that they’ve got amazing support. Wonder what the excuses were yesterday? 

“It was a bit rainy yesterday”

7 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

“It was a bit rainy yesterday”

Of course, the rain. Obviously that doesn’t stop City fans from turning up and supporting our club but there you go...’loyal and true’ and all that ?

School holidays as well this week so instead of standing under cover in the Blackffforrn end they’ve all gone to the beach...with the kids...in the ******* rain.

0020D709-F021-4694-9086-F54529B6A309.jpeg

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Of course, the rain. Obviously that doesn’t stop City fans from turning up and supporting our club but there you go...’loyal and true’ and all that ?

School holidays as well this week so instead of standing under cover in the Blackffforrn end they’ve all gone to the beach...with the kids...in the ******* rain.

0020D709-F021-4694-9086-F54529B6A309.jpeg

“Another positive” Another....?! What, to go along side scraping a last minute point at home to the side with the worst away record in the division, and just about topping 7k home fans for one of the divisions more attractive fixtures...?! 

They are truly overflowing with positives to take out of yesterday, aren’t they..! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought it was just over 6,000 - could be wrong

Actually, doing the obvious rough maths, you are probably right. 
27k - 4k Atyeo - 6k SS - 11k Lansdown = about 6k Dolman. 
not sure how Dolman is the same as SS though..! ?‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Actually, doing the obvious rough maths, you are probably right. 
27k - 4k Atyeo - 6k SS - 11k Lansdown = about 6k Dolman. 
not sure how Dolman is the same as SS though..! ?‍♂️

Even so, your point remains - those deluded sags truly believe they’d fill a stadium of our size, if they had one. Yet most of our stands could just about hold all of them, individually! It is funny ...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

“Another positive” Another....?! What, to go along side scraping a last minute point at home to the side with the worst away record in the division, and just about topping 7k home fans for one of the divisions more attractive fixtures...?! 

They are truly overflowing with positives to take out of yesterday, aren’t they..! 

Um... ? 

• Haha 1

Steward at the Mem said that not long after second-half started several Pompey fans asked him to let them out.

They told him they were fed up.

All were drenched and cold, and said they couldn't tolerate being exposed to the elements any longer.

They berated him, saying the ground was a disgrace and charging fans for such inadeqate facilities was a joke. Poor guy just had to suck it up.

This same steward (who denies being a SAG even though I know for sure he is one) later told his family, he felt ashamed and embarrassed.

So my quesstion was "Why not jack in the job?"

I'm still waiting for an answer.

He certainly ain't hacking it for the money or kudos. Maybe he's simply too "prowed" to leave a sinking (pirate) ship.

Edited by Bazooka Joe

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Today’s gem.

12k isn’t big enough for their massive fan base who haven’t averaged over 10k in a season for 40 years.

Have they ever filled the Mem?

20FDA235-AF83-476F-AA21-C89677C5A6E6.jpeg

20,000K is a big stadium mind, they'd definitely have problems filling that baby every fortnight.....

There are 40 year old gasheads staggering home from the pubs in Patchway and Filton right about now, they will stop for a wazz against their neighbours’ garden walls before realisation hits them hard ... and they will slur out loud to themselves: “******’ hell, I was 20 years old the last time we finished above them pesky teds, I was a face in Chasers, I had Ollie’s mobile number, I was locked out at every single away game cos we always took massive numbers away..”  - then when the wazz has dwindled and the cold, harsh night kicks in, they will look skywards and silently wonder “What happened?” ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There are 40 year old gasheads staggering home from the pubs in Patchway and Filton right about now, they will stop for a wazz against their neighbours’ garden walls before realisation hits them hard ... and they will slur out loud to themselves: “******’ hell, I was 20 years old the last time we finished above them pesky teds, I was a face in Chasers, I had Ollie’s mobile number, I was locked out at every single away game cos we always took massive numbers away..”  - then when the wazz has dwindled and the cold, harsh night kicks in, they will look skywards and silently wonder “What happened?” ...

Wishing they were reds I should think! #SMUG

OTIB

Happy gap day to all my fellow cidereds. :)

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I would like to point out was born in Patchway (red all my life once able to make an informed opinion) brought my first house in Flton (still red) live in wales(not quite as red as the egg chasers) catch the train too PSN(to make a certain poster happy)

a few fans get on at Patchway and more at abbey wood don't knock the north of Bristol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1