IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

That was quite a quiet gap day yesterday, considering it’s been 19 years. Just goes to prove how insignificant they have become.

Next year will be the biggy though. We should have a big East End event and get Colin Daniel along as guest speaker.

Or perhaps we could invite current England International Callum Hudson-Odoi who being born on 7th November 2000 has never known anything other than City being above the Gas....Let that reality sink in....Mind The Gap...coming for us mind!

ACB85F96-372A-4F29-B1D5-EF6FA6A3D4C0.thumb.png.af050a4b231b8f3af86d5918e96372f1.png

15 hours ago, reddoh said:

I would like to point out was born in Patchway (red all my life once able to make an informed opinion) brought my first house in Flton (still red) live in wales(not quite as red as the egg chasers) catch the train too PSN(to make a certain poster happy)

a few fans get on at Patchway and more at abbey wood don't knock the north of Bristol.

I wasn’t knocking Patchway or Filton - I simply said there are gasheads who live in those areas ...

45 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

just out of interest does anybody know if or how many times they have actually sold out at their shitehole of a ground?

Probably 3 or 4 times against us and when they got relegated to non league I'd have thought. I'm sure they were publicising their league 2 survival party against Mansfield as a sell out the week before the game. 

Edited by pride of the west

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

19 years ago and we had never seen Big Brother...

Haha, nearly. The first series of Big Brother was shown a couple of months before the ‘gap’ came into existence in its current form.

In fairness though 19 years is a very long time and I wouldn’t expect everyone to remember that.

Pop Idol started after Oct 2000 and that was shit. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I wasn’t knocking Patchway or Filton - I simply said there are gasheads who live in those areas ...

and there are Gasheads who live in Portishead.  Not sure the lines are clearly defined as they once were. Working North of the river its split 50:50 in my office

2 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

and there are Gasheads who live in Portishead.  Not sure the lines are clearly defined as they once were. Working North of the river its split 50:50 in my office

Gasheads everywhere, Knowle Hartcliffe and Briz, let alone Stockwood which was always a special case bitd.

Question is though how many of those "interlopers" are below the age of 50 ? Reading their forum plenty acknowledge their ageing fanbase and the risk that they won't be replaced when they pop off.pr finally throw in the towel

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Gasheads everywhere, Knowle Hartcliffe and Briz, let alone Stockwood which was always a special case bitd.

Question is though how many of those "interlopers" are below the age of 50 ? Reading their forum plenty acknowledge their ageing fanbase and the risk that they won't be replaced when they pop off.pr finally throw in the towel

A blot on the landscape - rapidly in decline.

Will they become "a protected species"?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

A blot on the landscape - rapidly in decline.

Will they become "a protected species"?

Maybe Extinction Rebellion could campaign for the few?

Glue their foreheads to a minibus window?

Park a pink boat on the pitch at the Memorial Ground?

Punch a polar bear?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

How many of our team is the Gap older than? Massengo certainly, possibly Semenyo? Might only need another 3 or 4 years before we can field an entire XI who've never known a world where the Gas are above the might City.

In an attempt to answer my own question; Gap Day was 28 October 2000.

Currently only one player in our first team squad from the OS https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/first-team-squad/ has a DOB after that date: Massengo who was born on 7 June 2001.

Players who we can add to this list next year are Semenyo who was born on 1 Jan 2000 and Janneh who was born 10 days later on 11 January 2000. This is incorrect but I'm not beyond laughing at my own idiocy so will leave it in. Cheers @JamesBCFC

Most of the squad were born in the early to mid 90's and I now feel pretty old: if you need me I'll be chilling with Maenpaa, Williams, Rowe and Gilmartin in 1980's corner.

Edited by ExiledAjax

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

In an attempt to answer my own question; Gap Day was 28 October 2000.

Currently only one player in our first team squad from the OS https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/first-team-squad/ has a DOB after that date: Massengo who was born on 7 June 2001.

Players who we can add to this list next year are Semenyo who was born on 1 Jan 2000 and Janneh who was born 10 days later on 11 January 2000.

Most of the squad were born in the early to mid 90's and I now feel pretty old: if you need me I'll be chilling with Maenpaa, Williams, Rowe and Gilmartin in 1980's corner.

Umm.

They'll always be older than the gap.

1 hour ago, pride of the west said:

Probably 3 or 4 times against us and when they got relegated to non league I'd have thought. I'm sure they were publicising their league 2 survival party against Mansfield as a sell out the week before the game. 

ha ha forgot about their famous staying up party