IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 hours ago, reddoh said:

I would like to point out was born in Patchway (red all my life once able to make an informed opinion) brought my first house in Flton (still red) live in wales(not quite as red as the egg chasers) catch the train too PSN(to make a certain poster happy)

a few fans get on at Patchway and more at abbey wood don't knock the north of Bristol.

Same. I was born in Patchway as well. And, I don't know anybody from there  that would have ever been seen in Kingswood, let alone Chasers. There's a fair few of us from North Bristol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

Same. I was born in Patchway as well. And, I don't know anybody from there  that would have ever been seen in Kingswood, let alone Chasers. There's a fair few of us from North Bristol.

There was a sizable number of us City boys at Patchway High School in the late 70s/early 80s. A large and maniacal contingent went to Wembley for the 86 and 87 Freight Rover finals, as well as to various eventful trips throughout the 80s.

I haven't really been back there for about 30 years though, so no idea what's going on there now. You'd imagine there's probably even more City now though, wouldn't you? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

There are loads of us that are originally 'Woodies and a large number that still live there.

As for Chasers, most Saturday nights, back in the day, Jermaine Stewart's 'you don't have to take your clothes off' would result in a large number of reds on the dance floor with trousers around ankles. We didn't hide, never had to.

Happy days! :)

BTW, I was having a coffee in Kingswood a couple of weeks ago waiting for the wife to finish shopping (hate shopping with a passion) and counted nine youngsters wearing our red shirt and just one poor beleaguered child wearing the other mob's rag. We're even taking over BS15. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

There are loads of us that are originally 'Woodies and a large number that still live there.

As for Chasers, most Saturday nights, back in the day, Jermaine Stewart's 'you don't have to take your clothes off' would result in a large number of reds on the dance floor with trousers around ankles. We didn't hide, never had to.

Happy days! :)

BTW, I was having a coffee in Kingswood a couple of weeks ago waiting for the wife to finish shopping (hate shopping with a passion) and counted nine youngsters wearing our red shirt and just one poor beleaguered child wearing the other mob's rag. We're even taking over BS15. 

As a boy from the wood myself and now resident in north Bristol, I concur.

This subject raises its head every100 pages or so and I’ll never tire of dragging this info graph out.....

from the planning documents for the revamp of AG showing city season ticket holders around the Bristol area (also consider we have probably doubled the number of season ticket holders since then).

There is no north/south divide.....the city is red

872CEFEF-B2DD-415C-A77E-9A697A9101C7.jpeg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

This subject raises its head every100 pages or so and I’ll never tire of dragging this info graph out.....

from the planning documents for the revamp of AG showing city season ticket holders around the Bristol area (also consider we have probably doubled the number of season ticket holders since then).

Is this from the revamp of AG or the proposed move to Ashton Vale?

3 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Every time I watch Hot Fuzz. It almost ruins the movie until I remember it’s a comedy and the character wearing the shirt is a bumbling idiot.

It wouldn’t be so funny if he was wearing a City shirt.

Funniest bit is when he demolishes the fence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, City Rocker said:

There was a sizable number of us City boys at Patchway High School in the late 70s/early 80s. A large and maniacal contingent went to Wembley for the 86 and 87 Freight Rover finals, as well as to various eventful trips throughout the 80s.

I haven't really been back there for about 30 years though, so no idea what's going on there now. You'd imagine there's probably even more City now though, wouldn't you? 

I remember a few of us going in a pub in Patchway in the late'70s as we had some sort of function in a hall across the road, full of Rovers memorabilia in the pub, unsurprisingly the function ended up in a mass brawl, we were only about 16/17, no idea what the name of the pub was, don't think I've ever had reason to go to Patchway since

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedRaw said:

I have never seen that before....I think I can see me on there ???

7 hours ago, RedRaw said:

For comparison it would be interesting to have one if these for the Blue Few.

Grew up and still live in the wood. I'm late 40s now and when I was growing up I'd say it was about 50/50 city/rovers with the people I knew.I started watching in 77 when we were div. 1 and I think being in the top league attracted a lot of young fans whose families had no alliance to either side. With the improved ground and us playing championship football you can only see the gap in fan numbers growing if things stay the same as its a similar situation for young fans with no family ties to one team or another.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Galway Red said:

I remember a few of us going in a pub in Patchway in the late'70s as we had some sort of function in a hall across the road, full of Rovers memorabilia in the pub, unsurprisingly the function ended up in a mass brawl, we were only about 16/17, no idea what the name of the pub was, don't think I've ever had reason to go to Patchway since

Sounds like the Britannia mate. A grim and thoroughly miserable place to spend an evening. Now thankfully demolished, I believe. 

They are getting very excited over on Gaschat about our finances, usually they love that we lost money, now that we haven’t it’s because of some lucky sales of players.  

But this was the biggest Gem I saw!

Big fish?  Really?  Worst ground in League 1 by some distance, 11th on average attendances this season behind Peterborough, Doncaster, Lincoln, MK, Rotherham and Blackpool!

The cheek!

51D84369-19AF-435A-BF2E-D8CCD42DDD3F.jpeg

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

They are getting very excited over on Gaschat about our finances, usually they love that we lost money, now that we haven’t it’s because of some lucky sales of players.  

But this was the biggest Gem I saw!

Big fish?  Really?  Worst ground in League 1 by some distance, 11th on average attendances this season behind Peterborough, Doncaster, Lincoln, MK, Rotherham and Blackpool!

The cheek!

51D84369-19AF-435A-BF2E-D8CCD42DDD3F.jpeg

From Henbury Sag, of course.

One of, if not the biggest Sag bullshitters known.

Them pesky Teds, they must hate it.

• A club owned by a multi millionaire local businessman who is also a massive fan and a fan of Bristol Sport in general who wants to put Bristol on the map.
  • An owner who has invested heavily in the state of the art stadium and with plans in the pipe line for a training facility and further major developments.
  • A club that has invested in the playing squad that has made significant multimillion pound transfers in and out of the club and made a profit.
  •  A club that supports its coaching staff to aid further development.
  • A club with a growing reputation in the media that is helping to put Bristol on the wider sporting map through football, rugby & basketball.
  • A growing fan base
  • A club that continues to improve its League standing.

Everything the sags are polar opposite to

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

A new bellend is surfacing over on arse chat. . .

image.png

image.png

The thing is what this numpty doesn’t realise is, the following players will be sold for significant profit to what we paid.

DaSilva

Nagy

Brownhill

Moore

Massengo

Our business model is sell at a profit, and at the minute we’re very good at it 

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

• A club owned by a multi millionaire local businessman who is also a massive fan and a fan of Bristol Sport in general who wants to put Bristol on the map.
  • An owner who has invested heavily in the state of the art stadium and with plans in the pipe line for a training facility and further major developments.
  • A club that has invested in the playing squad that has made significant multimillion pound transfers in and out of the club and made a profit.
  • A club with a growing reputation in the media that is helping to put Bristol on the wider sporting map through football, rugby & basketball.
  • A growing fan base

Yeah. I'm trying to weigh up which I'd rather have running my club, SL or Wael. Hmmm it's a tough one. :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, Swede said:

• A growing fan base

But they don't want to be like us, so it's all good.

25 minutes ago, daored said:

The thing is what this numpty doesn’t realise is, the following players will be sold for significant profit to what we paid.

DaSilva

Nagy

Brownhill

Moore

Massengo

Our business model is sell at a profit, and at the minute we’re very good at it 

They think we just happened to get lucky and have sold players for profit, instead of understanding that the long term plan has always been to develop either homegrown players or young players purchased and to sell them for profit.  This long term plan is deliberate and the infrastructure was put in to accomplish this plan, and it’s now paying dividends.  We are developing as a team, as a club, competing above our weight, and it’s all part of the plan.