IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, phantom said:

A new bellend is surfacing over on arse chat. . .

image.png

image.png

Christ!

He sounds angry doesn’t he? ?

Of course the Gas never ‘spunk’ money on ‘lemons’ do they? Unless you count Tom Nicholls who scores one goal nearly every decade and that Payne geezer who grew to hate them after a couple of weeks ?

Only a thick Sag could think that SL having his eye on the ‘long game’ and reaping the rewards is bad for him or us.

Whilst that ‘belter’ Johnson has been in charge we’ve improved our final League position 4 years in succession.

Go back to sleep Sagheads.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

They are getting very excited over on Gaschat about our finances, usually they love that we lost money, now that we haven’t it’s because of some lucky sales of players.  

But this was the biggest Gem I saw!

Big fish?  Really?  Worst ground in League 1 by some distance, 11th on average attendances this season behind Peterborough, Doncaster, Lincoln, MK, Rotherham and Blackpool!

The cheek!

51D84369-19AF-435A-BF2E-D8CCD42DDD3F.jpeg

Deluded...

Big fish? 

Little maggots more like.

Proud to be shit with their tiny crowds and tents. No wonder Dolman and Lansdown decided to bring their money to South Bristol. Bet the Al Qadis wish they hadn’t bothered ?

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Is 'lady garden' a uniquely north-Bristolian expression? It only ever seems to be used by those counts on Slagchat. 

No it certainly isn’t RH,it’s a uniquely Sag expression.

• Thanks 1

It's people like that , that stop me going on their forum. I don't mind the slagging off, you expect it, in fact I have been on other teams forums and enjoyed picking out the good posts from the vitriol. But on there, the utter delusion and hypocrisy is staggering
Big fish? Been a League club for 4 years?
Surrogate son ? What even .....
Best chance of promotion is because they don't have to look down, bet they thought that before they fell out of the League.
Nice he knows Jon Lansdown so well as to form an opinion .
Good strategy too, dump LJ and get the best man for the job, because every team in the League hadn't thought of that FFS.
******* window licker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Christ!

He sounds angry doesn’t he? ?

Of course the Gas never ‘spunk’ money on ‘lemons’ do they? Unless you count Tom Nicholls who scores one goal nearly every decade and that Payne geezer who grew to hate them after a couple of weeks ?

Only a thick Sag could think that SL having his eye on the ‘long game’ and reaping the rewards is bad for him or us.

Whilst that ‘belter’ Johnson has been in charge we’ve improved our final League position 4 years in succession.

Go back to sleep Sagheads.

Ha ha, us  "   bottlers " have actually increased attendance every year we bottle it !  We must love it .

They’ve been doing it for years......”lansdown will get bored”, “Lansdown only interested in the rugby”, “crowds will drop as soon as they go on a bad run” “they’ll bottle it again”

Absolute inferiority complex. They can’t name any positives about they’re own club so even when the truth is staring them in the face, make up negatives about us to feed their sad, bitter life’s. The more they say it, the more they believe it.

Reality is SL is in for the long haul and JL will succeed him. He is in no way getting bored, in fact, with new training grounds for football and rugby and the arena expansion of Ashton gate, he is still fiercely ambitious.

Buying and selling players for a profit and a top producing academy were a couple of the ‘pillars’  of the long term strategy several years ago....that is now coming to fruition.

He can also see massive improvement on the pitch year on year.....we now have the best possible chance for promotion to premier league. Whether we make it this year remains to be seen but if we don’t, we are very much an established top ten championship team.

something the bitter few can only wet-dream about 

Edited by RedRaw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, petelekg said:

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/137721-roughest-pubs-in-bristol/page/2/

It was mentioned in an old thread the roughest pub in Bristol 

The Britannia closed years ago Patchway has no pubs anymore 

The old thread about rough pubs was hilarious but, I have to ask, why do so many of the OTIB posters frequent these places of ill repute? Isn’t there anyone who pops out for dry sherry in a pub where you can have a quiet discussion about poetry or patchwork quilting?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

He is in no way getting bored

Mad accusation isn't it. For goodness sake the man literally named a quarter of our stadium after himself. He literally has his name on the stadium. Why would you ever write your name on a massively important piece of what you've invested in if you were "bored" of it?

Edited by ExiledAjax

20 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing a Rovers shirt anywhere.

Surprisingly there is bloke who I occasionally see at my local Tesco's near Gatwick. I have resorted to childish tactics by occasionally wearing my red city hoodie shopping - our paths have not yet since crossed :innocent06:

32 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Great thread they’ve got going on over there, however I’ve read and re-read the post below several times and can’t decide...is this Saghead actually claiming that the Gas are bigger than some clubs in the Championship?

78B2F066-D0DC-4B00-B82F-81C118F89C11.jpeg

Yes he is. There is not one club in this league who I would say were worse off than Rovers - even when Bolton were in this league and imploding they still looked a better outfit than Rovers.

Deluded as ever.

34 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Great thread they’ve got going on over there, however I’ve read and re-read the post below several times and can’t decide...is this Saghead actually claiming that the Gas are bigger than some clubs in the Championship?

The only club I can think of in our league they could potentially claim to be bigger than is Luton, but there isn’t much in it.

36 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The absolutely unbridled arrogance of those lot is the most impressive thing. It's almost consistent through their entire fanbase. They were more recently non-league than they were a Championship club. Mental.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The only club I can think of in our league they could potentially claim to be bigger than is Luton, but there isn’t much in it.

No chance, Luton are league cup winners who have played in the first division and have secured themselves well in the championship. Add to that they actually have permission to build a 23000 capacity stadium in the near future. 

Rovers could only dream to be anywhere near as big as Luton

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

On attendances they’re reasonably close to Luton. The Mem makes Kenilworth Road look like the Emirates but again similar sized ‘stadium’.

Luton have 16 seasons in the top flight and have been League Cup Winners.

Rovers once won a short lived Pre Season competition that no one gave a flying shit about.

Im not convinced they can claim to be bigger than Luton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

No chance, Luton are league cup winners who have played in the first division and have secured themselves well in the championship. Add to that they actually have permission to build a 23000 capacity stadium in the near future. 

Rovers could only dream to be anywhere near as big as Luton

This.  They've had some decent players as well.  Ricky Hill, Paul Walsh and Mick Harford to name a few.