IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Bitter and Twisted?

I wish them nothing but bad luck.
Nepotism will hold them back just like it did when they lost to Hull - that queer Lansdown/Johnson love in, and I wish their families many more years of happiness together.
Their pompous arsed fans talking about "strategy" and "vision" just because they have struck lucky on a few sales over the past couple of seasons.
Banging on about the ever increasing value of their squad forgetting that they all cost a fortune in wages so better had be increasing in value, particularly when they have players who never or very rarely feature who are also costing a relative fortune.
Funny that they fail to mention those isn't it.
They can dress it up any way they like but Uncle Steve will not keep swallowing £25m losses if that used car salesman manager of his keeps choking when it gets to the sharp end of the season and his inadequacies come to the fore, and they run out of players who are worth anything.

.....much?

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Bitter and Twisted?

Nepotism will hold them back just like it did when they lost to Hull - that queer Lansdown/Johnson love in, and I wish their families many more years of happiness together.
Their pompous arsed fans talking about "strategy" and "vision" just because they have struck lucky on a few sales over the past couple of seasons.
Banging on about the ever increasing value of their squad forgetting that they all cost a fortune in wages so better had be increasing in value, particularly when they have players who never or very rarely feature who are also costing a relative fortune.
They can dress it up any way they like but Uncle Steve will not keep swallowing £25m losses if that used car salesman manager of his keeps choking when it gets to the sharp end of the season and his inadequacies come to the fore, and they run out of players who are worth anything.

.....much?

Rattled. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Tim Breacker, Mal Donaghy, Brian Stein, Danny Wilson, Steve Foster, Tony Thorpe, Paul & Ron Futcher, Brian Horton, David Preece.

A fair sprinkling of quality there.

Surely we are not forgetting Joe (10 goals in ONE game vs the gas) Payne - still a football league record! .... and there’s also Billy Bingham, Bruce Rioch, Steve Williams, Mark Stein, Raddy Antic, Les Sealey ... etc, etc - more class than the gas can ever dream of ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Surely we are not forgetting Joe (10 goals in ONE game vs the gas) Payne - still a football league record! .... and there’s also Billy Bingham, Bruce Rioch, Steve Williams, Mark Stein, Raddy Antic, Les Sealey ... etc, etc - more class than the gas can ever dream of ...

Malcolm MacDonald, Alan Slough, the list goes on.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Bitter and Twisted?

.....much?

200.gif

• Like 1

On holiday in Tenerife, was walking along the seafront today with the wife and kids, both me boys (7 & 9 years old) had city shirts on and a gas **** walked past ( in his 50’s at least) and called my boys shitheads !! I was naturally fuming. My response tho was met with silence and heads down. 
‘happy anniversary mate’

A grown man swearing at kids.

The absolute lady garden !! 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Portred said:

On holiday in Tenerife, was walking along the seafront today with the wife and kids, both me boys (7 & 9 years old) had city shirts on and a gas **** walked past ( in his 50’s at least) and called my boys shitheads !! I was naturally fuming. My response tho was met with silence and heads down. 
‘happy anniversary mate’

Forgive him. He's probably been begging in Tenerife since Thomas Cook went tits up.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Bitter and Twisted?

.....much?

???

What I want to know is when they finally do come for us (whenever that is) what would their plans be on investing £££’s to improve their shite squad just to even survive relegation let alone complete? Even if they did manage to survive for atleast 3 seasons they’d have no option to either build a new stadium or make Chernobyl an all seater, which we all know that neither will happen, and wouldn’t put it past them to be demoted due to not complying, them complain and moan how it’s everyone else’s fault but their own, it’s them all over. 
A lot of them talking of promotion etc, but if I was a fewer going up to the Championship especially in their state would be the last thing I’d want. Wally and co will either stick to his guns and continue to spend f’all and see them get spanked every week or, be forced to spend £££’s on fee’s and wages which by then will be out of his own pocket, and still see them be the whipping boys of the League, followed by relegation and stuck with players on bigger wages which they can’t afford. Then shit hits the fan.

None of that really matters though as despite continuing to fund when necessary SL is fed up, prefers the rugby, and is about to jack it all in and leave us in the shit, whilst the Camel Stroker is working wonders behind the scenes on a Stadium and Training ground, I know this as he appears from nowhere every 6 months and tells us so. 

FTG

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

???

What I want to know is when they finally do come for us (whenever that is) what would their plans be on investing £££’s to improve their shite squad just to even survive relegation let alone complete? Even if they did manage to survive for atleast 3 seasons they’d have no option to either build a new stadium or make Chernobyl an all seater, which we all know that neither will happen, and wouldn’t put it past them to be demoted due to not complying, them complain and moan how it’s everyone else’s fault but their own, it’s them all over. 
A lot of them talking of promotion etc, but if I was a fewer going up to the Championship especially in their state would be the last thing I’d want. Wally and co will either stick to his guns and continue to spend f’all and see them get spanked every week or, be forced to spend £££’s on fee’s and wages which by then will be out of his own pocket, and still see them be the whipping boys of the League, followed by relegation and stuck with players on bigger wages which they can’t afford. Then shit hits the fan.

None of that really matters though as despite continuing to fund when necessary SL is fed up, prefers the rugby, and is about to jack it all in and leave us in the shit, whilst the Camel Stroker is working wonders behind the scenes on a Stadium and Training ground, I know this as he appears from nowhere every 6 months and tells us so. 

FTG

You’re mistaken mate. It’s only City that spend a lot of money on players in an attempt to compete in the Championship. If Rovers got promoted they’d find players who are ‘100% Gas’ who ‘luv da gas’ and who would probably play for nothing...just the pride of wearing that stupid looking kit. 

And if they do get relegated they want to be like Rotherham, a Championship/L1 yo-yo club.

Who said they didn’t have ambition?

7 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Their "best ever manager", now manager of League 2 Walsall

image.thumb.png.24d03cfef6688e7dc1a1f2c75c452bac.png

He’s better than Johnson apparently.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Bitter and Twisted?

.....much?

Their wage/turnover ratio is almost identical to ours. No self-awareness whatsoever.

9 hours ago, Portred said:

‘happy anniversary mate’

Standard response. However, in BS30 they would probably get spat at or worse. Support of your team is interpreted as a direct attack on them. That's how ####ing ridiculous they are!

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

???

FTG

I'm heavily in the minority I'm sure of those that would bloody love them to scrape up by the skin of their teeth....

Would be epic to watch them take the plunge with a record low points total for the Championship - bring it on!!

1 minute ago, Robert the bruce said:

I'm heavily in the minority I'm sure of those that would bloody love them to scrape up by the skin of their teeth....

Would be epic to watch them take the plunge with a record low points total for the Championship - bring it on!!

Nah they would feel entitled to chat even more shit than normal and boast about large away attendances to places they have rarely been to 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, RedRaw said:

They’ve been doing it for years......”lansdown will get bored”, “Lansdown only interested in the rugby”, “crowds will drop as soon as they go on a bad run” “they’ll bottle it again”

Absolute inferiority complex. They can’t name any positives about they’re own club so even when the truth is staring them in the face, make up negatives about us to feed their sad, bitter life’s. The more they say it, the more they believe it.

Reality is SL is in for the long haul and JL will succeed him. He is in no way getting bored, in fact, with new training grounds for football and rugby and the arena expansion of Ashton gate, he is still fiercely ambitious.

Buying and selling players for a profit and a top producing academy were a couple of the ‘pillars’  of the long term strategy several years ago....that is now coming to fruition.

He can also see massive improvement on the pitch year on year.....we now have the best possible chance for promotion to premier league. Whether we make it this year remains to be seen but if we don’t, we are very much an established top ten championship team.

something the bitter few can only wet-dream about 

Absolutely this. This post sums up exactly their deluded and warped mentality.

Try asking a common sag [don't write it as he/she/it will never understand] what is their "long term strategy" and it will be either getting their own photocopied copy of a lost season ticket or getting row N added of whatever they now call the Evening Standard Bristol Communications Boycies Corner Shop Emporium Gone Indoors Canvas South West in the corner by the shed Corner Stand. 

If you ask the fake fekir he just says it takes time or that its tied up in a confidentiality agreement yet he's quite vocal in saying he wants to build on someone else's land with no agreement in place to buy it and no money to fund it.

The sooner they go into administration the better. They are truly the blot on the Bristol landscape.

22 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

“Unlucky da Shit !”

Default position? 

When we are losing money, or when we make money?

They think we are spending huge amounts of money on wages, but then they only have their own clubs position to compare us with. We are still a pretty smallish fish in this pond and our "used car salesman" of a Manager is struggling because we are "only" in a play off position. 

This is probably one of the best periods of my time watching City, when it comes to consistent league positions, the best being the late 70's of course. I am watching the games being played in a stadium  I could have only dreamed of over the last 50 years too. Wow! I feel very unlucky. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

I'd love to see them scrape up in the play off final - and then miss out on any chance of closing that gap as we win our play off final the following day!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1