IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Bitter and Twisted?

I wish them nothing but bad luck.
Nepotism will hold them back just like it did when they lost to Hull - that queer Lansdown/Johnson love in, and I wish their families many more years of happiness together.
Their pompous arsed fans talking about "strategy" and "vision" just because they have struck lucky on a few sales over the past couple of seasons.
Banging on about the ever increasing value of their squad forgetting that they all cost a fortune in wages so better had be increasing in value, particularly when they have players who never or very rarely feature who are also costing a relative fortune.
Funny that they fail to mention those isn't it.
They can dress it up any way they like but Uncle Steve will not keep swallowing £25m losses if that used car salesman manager of his keeps choking when it gets to the sharp end of the season and his inadequacies come to the fore, and they run out of players who are worth anything.

.....much?

Awww - sad thing is that we don't have to wish bad luck on them - they manage it perfectly well themselves. 

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

I'd love to see them scrape up in the play off final - and then miss out on any chance of closing that gap as we win our play off final the following day!!

Hahaha. That would be hilarious.

What would be even more amusing would be if there was a slight change to the minimum stadium requirements and they win promotion, only to have it taken away as the only thing Championship about their ground are the sprinklers.

• Haha 1

This moron over on Sagchat has summed up the thinking of their whole fanbase perfectly.

Think you are spot on with "Regardless of emotion, they really are a prem club in the waiting and I’m sure it will happen and SL knows that even one season there will change finances in the positive for them" part - also last time when Windass became a Gas legend, they didn't have the infrastructure supporting them that they do now.

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

This moron over on Sagchat has summed up the thinking of their whole fanbase perfectly.

Think you are spot on with "Regardless of emotion, they really are a prem club in the waiting and I’m sure it will happen and SL knows that even one season there will change finances in the positive for them" part - also last time when Windass became a Gas legend, they didn't have the infrastructure supporting them that they do now.

Hmmm.

I thought that was quite a reasonable, considered comment.

56 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hmmm.

Windass being a Sag Legend for scoring a winning goal to prevent us from getting promotion to the PL? Even inviting him (which he even attended) to grab a tranny night up Chasers to celebrate it! 

Reasonable? Comical more like.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Windass being a Sag Legend for scoring a winning goal to prevent us from getting promotion to the PL? Even inviting him (which he even attended) to grab a tranny night up Chasers to celebrate it! 

Any different than the status Colin Daniels holds with many City fans?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

You posted:

'This moron over on Sagchat has summed up the thinking of their whole fanbase perfectly.'

I responded that, 'I thought "the original post" was quite a reasonable, considered comment.'

This was the original post on Gaschat:

Think you are spot on with "Regardless of emotion, they really are a prem club in the waiting: Seems fair and reasonable to me.

and I’m sure it will happen and SL knows that even one season there will change finances in the positive for them": Seems fair and reasonable to me.

also last time when Windass became a Gas legend, they didn't have the infrastructure supporting them that they do now: Seems quite a fair, reasonable and considered comment to me, especially the bit about our lack of infrastructure - since rectified admirably.

I am sure you can accept the bit about Dean Windass being a 'Gas Legend' was just the usual 'banter' between rival supporters, for you may recall that similar comments arose from this same forum when a certain Colin Daniel scored against Rovers: indeed, I seem to recall there were even suggestions the Mansfield 'legend' should be presented with a bottle of champagne to show our 'gratitude'. 

I would suggest that the Gaschat poster's view is anything but typical of their fanbase and forum. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Any different than the status Colin Daniels holds with many City fans?

Yes very different imo. Windass scored a goal to prevent us getting a PROMOTION to the worlds best division, that we weren’t even expected to be challenging for. 

Colin Daniel scored a goal to utterly embarrass and RELEGATE whilst wearing their own kit to a part time Non League division, despite the mass pitch invasion at Wycombe the week before and then survival party at the Mem v Mansfield which got cancelled last minute.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Portred said:

On holiday in Tenerife, was walking along the seafront today with the wife and kids, both me boys (7 & 9 years old) had city shirts on and a gas **** walked past ( in his 50’s at least) and called my boys shitheads !! I was naturally fuming. My response tho was met with silence and heads down. 
‘happy anniversary mate’

A grown man swearing at kids.

The absolute lady garden !! 

Funny you say that, on my mates stag do we dressed him in full rovers kit in Benidorm, we were walking along the beachfront area when a bloke comes chasing after us... he shook my mates hand and went ‘I know that kit when I see one, great to see a fellow gashead’

he was in full kit with 16 others dressed normally... you can imagine the absolute volley of abuse the bloke got as he walked off incredibly embarrassed 

Edited by Club and Country
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

You posted:

'This moron over on Sagchat has summed up the thinking of their whole fanbase perfectly.'

I responded that, 'I thought "the original post" was quite a reasonable, considered comment.'

Don’t think you did ?

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hmmm.

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Don’t think you did ?

My apologies.

The portion in inverted commas was intended to replace/emphasise the word 'that' in my original response, the 'reasonable, considered' bit relating clearly to the post itself.

I responded that, 'I thought "the original post" was quite a reasonable, considered comment.'

• Like 1

On holiday in Tenerife, was walking along the seafront today with the wife and kids, both me boys (7 & 9 years old) had city shirts on and a gas **** walked past ( in his 50’s at least) and called my boys shitheads !! I was naturally fuming. My response tho was met with silence and heads down. 
‘happy anniversary mate’

Did you say "lady garden"?

• Haha 1

‘happy anniversary mate’

Had a similar thing the other week after a game walking along the waterfront with my girl(age 7) . She had her city shirt on and we passed a few blokes coming the other way. One shouts out '**** the city, up the g*s'. Surprisingly rather than feeling anger it was more pity, how sad that someone feels the need to shout that in front of a small child! Shows how bitter some of them are, I say some as some of my good mates are g*s and are nothing like these muppets.

1 hour ago, mattjb said:

Had a similar thing the other week after a game walking along the waterfront with my girl(age 7) . She had her city shirt on and we passed a few blokes coming the other way. One shouts out '**** the city, up the g*s'. Surprisingly rather than feeling anger it was more pity, how sad that someone feels the need to shout that in front of a small child! Shows how bitter some of them are, I say some as some of my good mates are g*s and are nothing like these muppets.

Absolute morons, so bitter

3 hours ago, mattjb said:

They’ve done this towards kids for aslong as I can remember. Weirdo’s

On 01/11/2019 at 00:34, BCFC11 said:

They’ve done this towards kids for aslong as I can remember. Weirdo’s

Yep, "Shithead" said to my son who was about  8 at the time by a couple of very brave knuckle draggers, when on holiday in Devon. 

Now he's grown up, I doubt very much they'd try it again!

Assholes!

• Like 1