IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, they beat the best team in England twice in 1992 ...

Edit: apologies, I see some posters have already pointed this out above ...

We beat 4 Premier League sides in 2017-18, and gave Man City 2 tough games when they were beating teams for fun. 
We wouldn't have finished 2nd if we were in the Premier League that season though

16 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Wow. I know the majority of the Fewers are thick but this one takes the biscuit! Even his own are taking the piss ?

The rant in all its glory.....
7948DA82-330D-4D3C-9149-01A2CCCE94C9.thumb.jpeg.0c9fe752020ea439bf8a64ea0f979618.jpeg

He’s gone mental.

I meant if all things being equal like if we get promoted this season”

They’d still be smaller than all those other teams ?

“or how many fans we’d take to a big game IE Prem League team in the cup, Wembley etc”

Yeah because no other team takes large followings to Wembley or Man Utd in the cup do they? ?

You don’t gauge the size of your support, home or away, based on those games FFS. Those day-trippers won’t be there when you’re at home to MK Dons on a cold Tuesday night.

Then he writes a shit load of waffle about nothing finishing off with a bizarre, lengthy, boring story from the 80s where, apparently, we took a pasting off someone.

Ladies and Gentlemen...the standard Gashead.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ladies and Gentlemen...the standard Gashead

Nah, he's being called out for the halfwit he is as was Henbury before him.

There are the general delusions about being a family club and other teams' fans liking them more than City but there are these "special" fans who take it a whole world further than that.

11 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Using our songs now.. they're cute 

Screenshot_2019-11-06-08-49-15.png

I like how their star ratings (based presumably upon #posts/#likes?) move from Newbie to Youth Team to Reserve Team to First Team to Fans' Favourite to Club Legend to Rickie Lambert (Wtf?) to Gas. It's so sweet. I'm sure we can suggest some others? :yawn:

26 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I like how their star ratings (based presumably upon #posts/#likes?) move from Newbie to Youth Team to Reserve Team to First Team to Fans' Favourite to Club Legend to Rickie Lambert (Wtf?) to Gas. It's so sweet. I'm sure we can suggest some others? :yawn:

Yep! They have completely missed out Utter D******D

Edited by NOTBLUE

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Nah, he's being called out for the halfwit he is as was Henbury before him.

There are the general delusions about being a family club and other teams' fans liking them more than City but there are these "special" fans who take it a whole world further than that.

I dunno mate.

I know plenty of Sags in ‘real life’ and I’ve heard this level of delusion regularly, certainly more often than anything level headed that might be posted in response to that whopper on their forum. 

Not saying that there aren’t sensible Gasheads out there, just that I know more who are just like ‘craggo’

• Like 1

On 05/11/2019 at 16:51, steviestevieneville said:

I was at that Bolton game. As far as I can remember it’s all lies. In fact the adjoining door under the stand got kicked in by city and they ran into Bolton. Not condoning, just saying what I saw. 

Was at that game too. My enduring memory was someone climbing one of the floodlight pylons. It was quite terrifying to observe, must've been cidered right up. beyond that, don't remember any trouble per se, certainly not any City fans getting 'a pasting' as he says.

If #GasLogic is a thing then selective #GasMemory is a problem too.

4 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Was at that game too. My enduring memory was someone climbing one of the floodlight pylons. It was quite terrifying to observe, must've been cidered right up. beyond that, don't remember any trouble per se, certainly not any City fans getting 'a pasting' as he says.

Did Bob Taylor come on as a late sub in that game, having torn a hamstring a few games earlier (which possibly cost is the title)?  I remember his thigh being swathed in bandages

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Unless I missed it, he doesn’t say why he was at a Bristol City away game. Was he lost?

Extract from Craggo's verbose diarrhea      "When i was younger(HINT HINT) i used to have you as out and out rivals, As in being a bit obsessed with how you were doing, So much so that when you were playing in the North West(my location) i went. To basically watch you get beat.
One time was at Burnden Park. Will have been around 90. Think it was either 1-0 or 2-0 to Bolton. I know Darby scored. You had a big following(compliment). It felt very hostile. Police chopper overhead. Wow i thought. After the match your lot came away from the out of the way away exits, Onto Manny Road and up towards Orlando Bridge. ( Brave tbh given Boltons reputation in the 80/90s) and i saw the lot of your Hardmen get completely pasted. I still laugh my head off about it now. It sums you up in one word- WANNABES. i mean, Your fans trying to boss a away City/Town.
Bristol City FC. Everything about them. Fans,history. Probably their forum- A COMPLETE LAUGHING STOCK."

Pity we didn't bump into our deluded friend Craggo at that game.

He must definitely have been there as he what he describes about what our lot did and went is correct.

But from what I saw none of our lot got pasted by anyone that day.

A group of Bolton tried an ambush what we got back to our cars, but were scared off pretty sharpish.

Did Bolton have a reputation in the 80s/90s?   Not as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Bazooka Joe

2 hours ago, OneCity said:

That would likely be me then.  I earned my coin working on the electricity towers in those days so it was often seeming like a good idea after some pre-match sherbets!  I remember another lad giving the climb a go but he may have been more sober than me and selected safe descent as the best option!  Thanks to all of the gents who made it difficult for plod get to the base of the tower!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He said in his rant that he lived in the North West back then so went to the game. Not sure why though?! I live in the South West but I’m buggered if I’m gonna watch the sags ... ?

Oh I don`t know. There was one game in early May a few years back that I wouldn`t have minded being at...…………………….

• Haha 3