IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Bromley will be coming to the Mem expecting to play in a football league ground, only to find it is worse than the one they play in at home.

Too true!

https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB803GB803&sxsrf=ACYBGNTToKjcdzN9ZY5JEu-ox2VB5kHZZQ:1573303764508&q=bromley+football+club&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwizhIegld3lAhXuTxUIHXGtAWgQiR56BAgFEAw&biw=1366&bih=657 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Have we ever played Bromley?

You can bet your bolloxks Gasheads will be up to their old tricks pre-match, sliming around looking for groups of Bromley fans to pester. I can imagine it...

ooh look at our kit, aren’t we’re amazing?, look how loyal we are, please tell us you prefer us to City please...please say it, please...please tell us you HATE THOSE ******* GERT SHITHEADS...DO IT!...please”

"Say it, and I'll go'n get ee anuvver drink. Thees'll 'ave to giv I the money for it, mind".

• Haha 1

A dilemma for them tomorrow. Suppose we`re 1 down at HT and they`re watching in the pub before going to their game what do they do? Do they lurch on up to the mem or stay in the warm in the hope that they`ll see us get beat?

Which would give them the biggest boner - watching their rag ass bunch or seeing us lose on Sky?

46 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

A dilemma for them tomorrow. Suppose we`re 1 down at HT and they`re watching in the pub before going to their game what do they do? Do they lurch on up to the mem or stay in the warm in the hope that they`ll see us get beat?

Which would give them the biggest boner - watching their rag ass bunch or seeing us lose on Sky?

I honestly think most of them would prefer to watch us get beat.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, weepywall said:

35 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I honestly think they would - it matters far more to them that we fail than they succeed. Totally bitter and twisted with envy the lot of them.

This, and if it's still raining, that will be the clincher.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, weepywall said:

We’re talking about ‘supporters’ who shun their own side when they’re at home because the Champions League is on TV. 

Considering we’re playing on the box I’ll be amazed if more than a couple of thousand turn up to watch them tomorrow. Those that do attend will be kept informed of our game on their flashy 40 inch ‘big screen’ telly than SL flogged them (but only if it’s Cardiff who have scored).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We’re talking about ‘supporters’ who shun their own side when they’re at home because the Champions League is on TV. 

Considering we’re playing on the box I’ll be amazed if more than a couple of thousand turn up to watch them tomorrow. Those that do attend will be kept informed of our game on their flashy 40 inch ‘big screen’ telly than SL flogged them (but only if it’s Cardiff who have scored).

Well, given how some of them are moaning that they are being fleeced because Bury have gone under and they are one game short on the cost of their season tickets, maybe they could show our game on their big telly whilst their game is going on.

It would be the perfect solution.

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Don`t forget it`s all pay tomorrow so no season tickets being passed through the fence AND they would have had to get a ticket in advance which appears to be a difficult concept that really seems to trouble their tiny brains.

54 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Don`t forget it`s all pay tomorrow so no season tickets being passed through the fence AND they would have had to get a ticket in advance which appears to be a difficult concept that really seems to trouble their tiny brains.

I doubt many will turn up, well home fans anyway. 5K home fans if they're lucky I should think. No idea what their excuses will be, City on the tele? ;)

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I doubt many will turn up, well home fans anyway. 5K home fans of they're lucky I should think. No idea what their excuses will be, City on the tele? ;)

It could be anything really - it`s cold and they haven`t shoplifted their winter coat from TK Maxx yet, there`s a sale on at Poundland, who knows?

On 06/11/2019 at 09:16, Rudolf Hucker said:

I like how their star ratings (based presumably upon #posts/#likes?) move from Newbie to Youth Team to Reserve Team to First Team to Fans' Favourite to Club Legend to Rickie Lambert (Wtf?) to Gas. It's so sweet. I'm sure we can suggest some others? :yawn:

I assume the ultimate level is Holloway's fluffer...

12 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I doubt many will turn up, well home fans anyway. 5K home fans if they're lucky I should think. No idea what their excuses will be, City on the tele? ;)

The Christmas lights were turned on in Cabot Circus a few days ago and this was their first chance to go and see them.

Edited by BS2 Red
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It could be anything really - it`s cold and they haven`t shoplifted their winter coat from TK Maxx yet, there`s a sale on at Poundland, who knows?

They will be boycotting the FA Cup for including teams capable of beating them. A clear piece of bias against the Gas, innit.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Over 400 Bromley fans expected today, could push the crowd over 4,000?

I’d have thought that was pretty poor for a massive FA Cup game for lucky Bromley. Don’t they know how blessed they are to be allowed to perform at the Mecca of football..?!