IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I see on the Bristol Live website that our Mayor, Marvin Rees says that the council will do all they can to help the gash find a new home, possibly at the fruit market site. 

I hope his feelings are shared equally towards Bristol City and all other clubs and sporting institutions. 

We and other bodies seem to be able to support ourselves and improve where we can. So should the gash by their own means. This "poor old Rovers" bollocks does my swede in! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, freezer said:

I see on the Bristol Live website that our Mayor, Marvin Rees says that the council will do all they can to help the gash find a new home, possibly at the fruit market site. 

I hope his feelings are shared equally towards Bristol City and all other clubs and sporting institutions. 

We and other bodies seem to be able to support ourselves and improve where we can. So should the gash by their own means. This "poor old Rovers" bollocks does my swede in! 

Surely it is the same as 82 isn't it? When the Council were going to help us the Sags wanted the equivalent given to them, therefore the same must apply here.......

If I heard it correctly, the woman asking the questions even asked if the Council would give them land to build on to help them, and he said they would have to ask for it first before anything would be done!!!

Personally I cannot see the Council giving away any land whilst there are people without homes in the area, and that same land can be sold to developers - why would they lose money themselves where the funding would help out the City itself???

9 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Surely it is the same as 82 isn't it? When the Council were going to help us the Sags wanted the equivalent given to them, therefore the same must apply here.......

If I heard it correctly, the woman asking the questions even asked if the Council would give them land to build on to help them, and he said they would have to ask for it first before anything would be done!!!

Personally I cannot see the Council giving away any land whilst there are people without homes in the area, and that same land can be sold to developers - why would they lose money themselves where the funding would help out the City itself???

Council owned stadium rented by Rovers, potentially. 

Similar to UWE, now that Wally realises he threw away the best deal he can get. 

40 minutes ago, freezer said:

Should be legal challenges and the Ombudsman being brought in. That is no way to spend public money particularly after Rees who is a gashead, finally scuppered the Arena.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes I worked that out now. This our league by comparison by the way. 

image.png.f797033997c32197332d1f966d1762b0.png

We have only had 7 home games compared to the Rovers 9, we have also had more TV coverage of our games. Their total gates over 9 games amount to just over 66k, two more games at our average will take us to over 195k. The Forest game is already looking to be well in excess of 22k on it's own so we could be looking at over 200k after 9 games. Mind the Gap is not a big enough insult anymore.

Let's be fair and look at %Full figures. We are, on average, filling 81.2% of our seats...the Gas are on 59.9% of their seats...sorry 59.9% of their allocated standing positions.

Edited by ExiledAjax

4 hours ago, Big C said:

Sorry to say but you are wrong  it's  only the first two ko rounds (pus the group stages) which remain regionalised before an open draw from the quarter-finals onwards

Thanks for that, but its certainly news to  me.

Edit. Just looked at the format on Wiki and it doesnt make it clear, although it seems to imply that it is regionalized all the way through including a North South final.  Miah help please.

Edited by The Horse With No Name

31 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Thanks for that, but its certainly news to  me.

Edit. Just looked at the format on Wiki and it doesnt make it clear, although it seems to imply that it is regionalized all the way through including a North South final.  Miah help please.

Well Rovers did lose to Sunderland in the semi finals last season ?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Fair play. 
I like the commitment that your lot show you boycotting matches. 
You take it so seriously that most of you even rehearse it at league games..! 

Yet a couple of them have mentioned lately about how they are looking forward to some clubs with big followings attending Chernobyl so their attendances look good ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Genuine question,  where have you all gone ( talking league attendances now )

The manager isn't popular, which I find a bit odd. We looked pretty much doomed under Clarke but Coughlan got us out of it with plenty to spare and this season, despite seemingly not getting much help from upstairs, we find ourselves near the play offs. Unsurprisingly many are pissed off with the lack of progress off the pitch and I also think (though I have no figures to back this up) that we have an ageing fan base who just aren't as enthusiastic as they once were.

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Way to stand by your principles & stand strong on your boycott! 

As I said, it's a bit of a long story, but it would have proved very awkward if I didn't go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:As I said, it's a bit of a long story, but it would have proved very awkward if I didn't go.

What sort of job insists that you have to go and watch a Bristol Rovers match..?! 
They (rightly) outlaw human trafficking and then allow this kind of abuse..?! 
With those kind of duties, suddenly claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance looks like a tempting career move. 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

The manager isn't popular, which I find a bit odd. We looked pretty much doomed under Clarke but Coughlan got us out of it with plenty to spare and this season, despite seemingly not getting much help from upstairs, we find ourselves near the play offs. Unsurprisingly many are pissed off with the lack of progress off the pitch and I also think (though I have no figures to back this up) that we have an ageing fan base who just aren't as enthusiastic as they once were.

As I said, it's a bit of a long story, but it would have proved very awkward if I didn't go.

You’re Darryl Clark and I claim my prize .

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Style of play.  He's grinding out the results with the available players as Russell Osman did for us in the early 90s.

Also you have lots of recent fans who would have started going during the success and endless wins of two back to back promotion seasons and find the more common football reality of a mid table season less exciting than they were anticipating.

20 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Style of play.  He's grinding out the results with the available players as Russell Osman did for us in the early 90s.

And wasn’t / isn’t given the credit he deserves for it. 

Also you have lots of recent fans who would have started going during the success and endless wins of two back to back promotion seasons and find the more common football reality of a mid table season less exciting than they were anticipating.

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Quote from the Post by Holloway 

‘ One of my old school friends told me the other day that I was hated as a kid, while at the same time respected, for wanting to win at everything I took part in.’ 

Yeah that’ll be it Ian ...

He was useless at the egg and spoon race,but excelled at the sack race.......,,,

• Like 2
  • Haha 6