IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The only time you had a decent record against non-league teams was when you were non league yourselves.

That last league game where you thought you were safe and 3 or 4 results had to go against you made me laugh so much when the seemingly impossible (as we all thought) actually came to pass.  I remember it as if it were yesterday.

I bet most of us know exactly what we were doing the day that the sags actually got relegated out of the entire football league. 

In the away end obviously.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My doubters will probably find some old post of mine that mentions the Glovers but hey..........:dunno:

Hey Robbo, you are very good at derailing threads. Why you do it only you will know. 

Most of us consider it to be very immature..... at best.

Please do us a favour, act your age, and if you can't add anything mildly constructive stay off this thread and let the rest of us carry on with our harmless fun.

Please remember.... this thread is not all about you.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Hey Robbo, you are very good at derailing threads. Why you do it only you will know. 

Most of us consider it to be very immature..... at best.

Please do us a favour, act your age, and if you can't add anything mildly constructive stay off this thread and let the rest of us carry on with our harmless fun.

Please remember.... this thread is not all about you.

You’re kinda missing the point 42nite............I consider the entire Rovers thread as immature and why I very rarely contribute to it.

Why oh why do we see 1200 pages dedicated to the Gas when they’re an insignificant lower league outfit who on their forum have nothing like as many threads dedicated to us?  By otib posters repeatedly adding to the Rovers dustbin thread is simply giving the gas acknowledgement.

I’ll ask again - why? 

10 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We should have beaten Barnet last season and Notts County the season before and Barrow the year before that and Chesham the year before that. I'll give you  that past records shouldn't come into it, but when you're out on the pitch, league position doesn't either.

Hate to remind you that just a week ago you failed to meat another non league team, at home, who only had 10 men for a decent chunk of the game. 
It’s a bit too early to start hailing your new found improvement just yet..! 

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You’re kinda missing the point 42nite............I consider the entire Rovers thread as immature and why I very rarely contribute to it.

Why oh why do we see 1200 pages dedicated to the Gas when they’re an insignificant lower league outfit who on their forum have nothing like as many threads dedicated to us?  By otib posters repeatedly adding to the Rovers dustbin thread is simply giving the gas acknowledgement.

I’ll ask again - why? 

You’ve posted 11 times on the last two pages alone on a thread you “very rarely contribute to”.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ll ask again - why? 

Because its the funniest thread ever seen on a football forum

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Malago said:

You’ve posted 11 times on the last two pages alone on a thread you “very rarely contribute to”.

Without mentioning songs, or PA systems, or trying to arrange meetings with club staff, to not turn up too...?! 
At least his contributions are becoming more varied..! 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’ll ask again - why? 

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and make a wild suggestion. 

Could it perhaps be that we see Rovers as our main rival, as they are the only other professional (no sniggering at the back please) football team in Bristol, and both teams have been vying for bragging rights for the last century? 

Only a guess mind. 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’ll ask again - why? 

You should join Facebook,  it's full of attention seeking ********* just like yourself.  You'll fit in a treat .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

Swindon fan here and the reason the Gas don't have as many threads as OTIB is you're a much bigger club than them so have many more followers but when you do have the odd blip the other half don't hang around  in taking the mickey so it's not all one sided and what makes this site so appealing to me and many other non City supporters is the professionalism and humour you guys provide without there being any malice

• Like 7

Just now, Shaun Taylor said:

Swindon fan here and the reason the Gas don't have as many threads as OTIB is you're a much bigger club than them so have many more followers but when you do have the odd blip the other half don't hang around  in taking the mickey so it's not all one sided and what makes this site so appealing to me and many other non City supporters is the professionalism and humour you guys provide without there being any malice

Good to hear.

We are generally welcoming to (sensible) fans on here as well. You won't find that with the 15ers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

Good to hear.

We are generally welcoming to (sensible) fans on here as well. You won't find that with the 15ers.

It's a great site and love the banter and we should know as we've been the brunt of it for a years but I genuinely have an affection for you lot and seen many games at the gate over the years

• Like 3

13 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The only time you had a decent record against non-league teams was when you were non league yourselves.

That last league game where you thought you were safe and 3 or 4 results had to go against you made me laugh so much when the seemingly impossible (as we all thought) actually came to pass.  I remember it as if it were yesterday.

I bet most of us know exactly what we were doing the day that the sags actually got relegated out of the entire football league. 

I was laughing so much, that I shat and pissed myself simultaneously.

• Haha 6

21 hours ago, Robbored said:

My point Major is that by having a thread that is almost 1200 posts long aimed entirely at the Gas simply indicates that some of our fans see the Gas as a serious entity............:facepalm:

Truth is they aren’t anything of the sort. They’re a lower league outfit who City fans shouldn’t give two shits about........but for some unfathomable reason we see a gas thread  of almost 1200 posts.........:disapointed2se:

Why bother? is all I ask............:dunno:

Because it's funny ?

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why oh why do we see 1200 pages dedicated to the Gas when they’re an insignificant lower league outfit who on their forum have nothing like as many threads dedicated to us?

You obviously ignored the screenshot I posted before but I’ll post it again. This is the front page of Gaschat the day after Cotterills confrontation with one of our fans after the Preston match in Jan 2006.

Just imagine what they would be like if we were relegated to Non League? 

The only reason they don’t dedicate actual threads to us is because they have nothing really to laugh at. We still get a mention in practically every thread on there. 

image.thumb.png.7d18168ddf8db207f65bc212ef873fc2.png