IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

25 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I think even the numbskulls on FB would get tired of his drivel.

Drivel ?  ….. is that a Bristolian term for a person who occasionally sits behind the wheel of a mini-bus?  

(as opposed to full time professional drivers.)

Weird how we add  'Ls'  to the end of so many words around these parts. :) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Well when it cones criminal records …  they've got it covered...  

https://youtu.be/0r8afyJjOsM 

....and it uncovers gems like this...

@LordRassy You obvioulsy have no knowledge of anything at all. Bristol roves and uwe are building a ground together, neither are renting it to the other. It will be joint owned. Your an idiot
  • Like 1

Couple here saying how SL would kick up a fuss if Ree’s does in fact help them with their next pipe dream. Strange how not a single one of them mentions how their shitty little club went crying to BCC about how unfair it was if they helped City without helping them too.

I hope SL whinges and bitches just as they did back then. Reap what you sow Sags, reap what you sow......

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15297/radio-interview-marvin-rees?page=3

Edited by BCFC11
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Couple here saying how SL would kick up a fuss if Ree’s does in fact help them with their next pipe dream. Strange how not a single one of them mentions how their shitty little club went crying to BCC about how unfair it was if they helped City without helping them too.

I hope SL whinges and bitches just as they did back then. Reap what you sow Sags, reap what you sow......

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15297/radio-interview-marvin-rees?page=3

I love that they believe it's going to happen. Then start chucking figures around like Monopoly money . All from a club that took 9 months to put up a TV bracket. 

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I love that they believe it's going to happen. Then start chucking figures around like Monopoly money . All from a club that took 9 months to put up a TV bracket. 

Unless the person/people behind this so say rumoured takeover are Sag’s themselves then I can’t see anybody else who’s thick enough to chuck their money at a pile of shite like them?

32 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Unless the person/people behind this so say rumoured takeover are Sag’s themselves then I can’t see anybody else who’s thick enough to chuck their money at a pile of shite like them?

Agreed.

There are three things going on and it isn't clear firstly whether any will happen and secondly to what extent they are connected.

Buy and redevelop the fruit market site including, but very much not limited to, a football ground.

Sale and / or redevelop the Memorial Ground.

Sale of the football club.

They can all happen independently: new developers build on the fruit market site and include a football ground, Al Qs exercise their charge on the Mem and build on it, group of local businessmen buy the football club without a ground.

If you structure it like that then you can see it as being a reasonable plan; though it would leave Rovers renting a ground at the fruit market rather than owning a ground.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Agreed.

There are three things going on and it isn't clear firstly whether any will happen and secondly to what extent they are connected.

Buy and redevelop the fruit market site including, but very much not limited to, a football ground.

Sale and / or redevelop the Memorial Ground.

Sale of the football club.

They can all happen independently: new developers build on the fruit market site and include a football ground, Al Qs exercise their charge on the Mem and build on it, group of local businessmen buy the football club without a ground.

If you structure it like that then you can see it as being a reasonable plan; though it would leave Rovers renting a ground at the fruit market rather than owning a ground.

I think every scenario leaves the sags not owning a ground ( History repeats itself  ) Unless there actually is a multi-millionaire Gas supporter yet to announce himself to the adoring masses ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I think every scenario leaves the sags not owning a ground ( History repeats itself  ) Unless there actually is a multi-millionaire Gas supporter yet to announce himself to the adoring masses ?

Yes, exactly.

I think this became the inevitable outturn when UWE failed; the level of internal debt accumulated since that happened now comfortably exceeds the value of the Memorial ground so it will have to be sold.

Some wealthy local businessmen, maybe even Higgs again, will buy the football club without the ground and Rovers will go back to Twerton.

I don't know any Rovers fans these days but maybe, as with Brexit, it woud be better to just get it over with so that they can move on.  They certaiinly need a change of ownership or you can see them going down the same road as Coventry.

Jeff Bezos is not suddenly going to develop an affinity for da famous quarters.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Is that even enough these days? If you are going to do it properly you probably need to be looking at close to £50m and you wouldn't want that to be more than around 10% of your personal wealth. People with that kind of wealth don't suddenly appear from nowhere, there would already be rumours and suggestions in the air.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Is that even enough these days? If you are going to do it properly you probably need to be looking at close to £50m and you wouldn't want that to be more than around 10% of your personal wealth. People with that kind of wealth don't suddenly appear from nowhere, there would already be rumours and suggestions in the air.

Luckily for them, a £50 million investment would only be about 5% of their owners wealth wouldn't it........