IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

4548 with 240  loyal and true. Like sardines. 

240 eh?

The Leeds Utd of L1 once again shock everyone with their huge travelling army that follow them everywhere.

I didn’t watch it but I can only assume that all talk after the game is how lucky Bromley are to be the latest National League club to find themselves financially secure for another year thanks to the Gas....

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

240 eh?

The Leeds Utd of L1 once again shock everyone with their huge travelling army that follow them everywhere.

I didn’t watch it but I can only assume that all talk after the game is how lucky Bromley are to be the latest National League club to find themselves financially secure for another year thanks to the Gas....

Mostly it was yeah but there was also a fair bit about how the Bromley fans loved them to bits and were sooooooo glad they got to play them and not da shit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Christ Rovers are awful ...

I remember the old triv question which, surprisingly, seemed to catch a few out: “Name the four clubs called ‘Rovers’ in the top four divisions...”

Tranmere, Doncaster, Blackburn and Bristol caught out a few back then, but now we’ve got Forest Green and Christ to add to the list ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pongo88 said:

It would be easy to move Santa’s Grotto, but could the Championship ready sprinklers be moved to Nailsworth? 

Easily, .. 'Championship ready sprinklers' is a misnomer,  it actually references the half time line up of peeing Gasheads stood at the Mem urinals. 

They could be flushed out of there no probs and sent up to Uncle Vince. Wouldn't last 2minutes though, Dale boy would kick 'em out of his world pretty damn quick when he realises they're a bunch of meat heads.

I shit you not I’ve found a Sag who actually talks reasonably normal! Can’t say the same for some of the responses from his fellow Sag’s though, they totally ignore everything he’s said except the part about SL being a tax dodger whilst trying to defend Dwane Sports ?

Where's Dwane registered again remind me and how much do the AQ's pay the UK government in tax ?

I think Lansdown's a smug f**ker but like it or not his business employed over 1,000 tax payers some of whom are no doubt gas, paid millions in business rates and I daresay he paid a few bob to HMRC himself.

He should complain as should Bristol ratepayers if Rees spunks millions to help out what is supposed to be a commercial enterprise that is patently not supported by many Bristolians.

We have hundreds of people sleeping rough and the worst public transport system of any major UK city. We also need more police on the streets and he could divert money in that direction.

Redevelop St Philips by all means but blinkers off, what would 90% of Bristolians actually gain from a football stadium occupied by Rovers ?

As for the Duke of Guernsey, also remember that everyone BUT BRFC was behind the world cup bid so he's hardly likely to feel warm towards us is he ? A few nimby's scuppered a perfectly reasonable stadium plan in Ashton Vale funded by private money so what do you think will happen in this instance?

As for the comment before by HG about Rees electioneering, this is politiical suicide and he will be swept out of office anyway and may actually lose many of the new Bristolians who love him but hate football.

Sorry and all that but its a ******* disgrace if it goes as some think it will.

Then we have another who thinks everyone, including SL of course are against them. Yet here they are begging the council for help! Playing the victim he says ??? how about your club, who have never had PP turned down by BCC btw actually pay for your stadium out of your own pockets instead of wanting everyone bar yourselves to pay for it! As for these SL theories and how he’s behind all of your failings, as if he’s the slightest bit concerned about your shitty little outfit competing with BCFC. I’d suggest you look closer to home (wherever the caravan is pitched this week) and get off your backsides and do something about it as to why your club is stuck in the 70’s with zero chance of progression instead of blaming every fooker bar yourselves.

Agree with this. If the funding was not an issue to build the UWE then we should be in a position to build a stadium at a different location if the terms are favourable. The trouble is we are constantly playing the victim. Lansdown, the Media, the council are all against us

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15297/radio-interview-marvin-rees?page=5

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I shit you not I’ve found a Sag who actually talks reasonably normal! Can’t say the same for some of the responses from his fellow Sag’s though, they totally ignore everything he’s said except the part about SL being a tax dodger whilst trying to defend Dwane Sports ?

Where's Dwane registered again remind me and how much do the AQ's pay the UK government in tax ?

I think Lansdown's a smug f**ker but like it or not his business employed over 1,000 tax payers some of whom are no doubt gas, paid millions in business rates and I daresay he paid a few bob to HMRC himself.

He should complain as should Bristol ratepayers if Rees spunks millions to help out what is supposed to be a commercial enterprise that is patently not supported by many Bristolians.

We have hundreds of people sleeping rough and the worst public transport system of any major UK city. We also need more police on the streets and he could divert money in that direction.

Redevelop St Philips by all means but blinkers off, what would 90% of Bristolians actually gain from a football stadium occupied by Rovers ?

As for the Duke of Guernsey, also remember that everyone BUT BRFC was behind the world cup bid so he's hardly likely to feel warm towards us is he ? A few nimby's scuppered a perfectly reasonable stadium plan in Ashton Vale funded by private money so what do you think will happen in this instance?

As for the comment before by HG about Rees electioneering, this is politiical suicide and he will be swept out of office anyway and may actually lose many of the new Bristolians who love him but hate football.

Then we have another who thinks everyone, including SL of course are against them. Yet here they are begging the council for help! Playing the victim he says ??? how about your club, who have never had PP turned down by BCC btw actually pay for your stadium out of your own pockets instead of wanting everyone bar yourselves to pay for it! As for these SL theories and how he’s behind all of your failings, as if he’s the slightest bit concerned about your shitty little outfit competing with BCFC. I’d suggest you look closer to home (wherever the caravan is pitched this week) and get off your backsides and do something about it as to why your club is stuck in the 70’s with zero chance of progression instead of blaming every fooker bar yourselves.

Agree with this. If the funding was not an issue to build the UWE then we should be in a position to build a stadium at a different location if the terms are favourable. The trouble is we are constantly playing the victim. Lansdown, the Media, the council are all against us

I think the second person you quote isn’t saying “Lansdown, the media, the council are all against us” in the way you’ve taken it. I think he or she has listed those three to demonstrate the paranoia that comes from their previous sentence .. “The trouble is we are constantly playing the victim ...”  - I could be wrong though 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think the second person you quote isn’t saying “Lansdown, the media, the council are all against us” in the way you’ve taken it. I think he or she has listed those three to demonstrate the paranoia that comes from their previous sentence .. “The trouble is we are constantly playing the victim ...”  - I could be wrong though 

This is how I read it as well.

54 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Obviously a gert 'ted !

In the reverse fixture, from kick-off they booted the ball straight out of play. Last night, they did exactly the same. 

Normally, you'd think this was some kind of tactic or that they're all having a bet on throw-ins. With that lot, based on what I watched last night, it seems they really are just that bad.