IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

42 minutes ago, InCyder said:

In the reverse fixture, from kick-off they booted the ball straight out of play. Last night, they did exactly the same. 

Normally, you'd think this was some kind of tactic or that they're all having a bet on throw-ins. With that lot, based on what I watched last night, it seems they really are just that bad. 

Are spread bets still available for things like first throw in?

On 19/11/2019 at 15:00, bert tann said:

Talks renewed about merger with Forest Green Rovers and relocation to Gloucestershire.

So, with the depreciation of sterling against the Euro since the referendum, our place in Spain has effectively seen a large reduction in value.

NOW.......I read this merger rumour.  And where do I reside when in the UK?   Nympsfield......just up the hill from FGR.

Jeez, talk about kicking a man when he's down   ?

5 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

So, with the depreciation of sterling against the Euro since the referendum, our place in Spain has effectively seen a large reduction in value.

NOW.......I read this merger rumour.  And where do I reside when in the UK?   Nympsfield......just up the hill from FGR.

Property prices due to plummet.

League 1 must have seriously gone down hill in the few years we've been at Championship level as that shower are in the top 1/2 and were absolutely terrible.

They really should not want to play us if that was a typical r*vers performance, they really shouldn't. 

I genuinely cannot believe that was a top half L1 side, it was pathetic, utter garbage.  

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Obviously, we would go out of our way to help them, NOT!

What part of 'never in a Million years' do they not understand? **** 'em. 

image.thumb.png.c818c632e327906b5d3b2d2d78bec896.png

Yeh of course we’d help them .... why not after they opposed the council helping us and tried to steal our ground in 1982 and opposed everything to do with us hosting World Cup matches when the Ashton Vale project was being progressed? It goes without saying that we’d love to host them while their mega stadium is being built at the Fruit Market....and after all their derogatory (yet highly hilarious) comments about our ‘crap new stadium’ - well, can’t understand why Mr Lansdown wouldn’t welcome them with open arms ...

(Having said all that, it would be quite funny when they realise it would only be necessary for us to open one of our four stands to comfortably accommodate their total home attendances ...)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh of course we’d help them .... why not after they opposed the council helping us and tried to steal our ground in 1982 and opposed everything to do with us hosting World Cup matches when the Ashton Vale project was being progressed? It goes without saying that we’d love to host them while their mega stadium is being built at the Fruit Market....and after all their derogatory (yet highly hilarious) comments about our ‘crap new stadium’ - well, can’t understand why Mr Lansdown wouldn’t welcome them with open arms ...

(Having said all that, it would be quite funny when they realise it would only be necessary for us to open one of our four stands to comfortably accommodate their total home attendances ...)

Obviously would never happen, but I’m more than sure I’m correct when I say SL wouldn’t let those shit stains anywhere near AG if they even had the nerve to ask.

**** Em

Edited by BCFC11
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

image.thumb.png.c818c632e327906b5d3b2d2d78bec896.png

I kind of assume this is a wind up?

Obviously it is hard to tell at times as a fair proportion  of them seem to resort to weapons grade levels of delusion/glue sniffing/crack.

But is the quote about "football, rugby, concerts what's not to like" somehow bordering on the assumption that Bristol sport would somehow share revenue with them?

If (big if) we shared AG with them, even on a temporary basis, I'd hope we'd drive a hard bargain on their rent, their contribution to maintenance and running costs over the period and also ensure that all non Rovers related revenue stays under Bristol sport.

Thankfully with two professional sports teams already resident in the stadium we have no need to house that shower, and so on the face it seems about as likely as rovers selling out their ground for the rest of the season.

54 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Spouting their ‘unique’ bollox again I see, I wonder if this Fewer knows where their amazing nickname originated from? Your nickname is about as unique as your ‘famous quarters’, that no one bar yourselves take zero notice of.

575915FE-A585-41F3-88BB-2D2704C76F97.thumb.jpeg.a8f8721013f393df34ebe2de82031390.jpeg

That one who says he never refers to them as ‘The Gas’ calls himself Pusey GAS. So you NEVER use that term huh?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cityal said:

Thankfully with two professional sports teams already resident in the stadium we have no need to house that shower, and so on the face it seems about as likely as rovers selling out their ground for the rest of the season.

Depends how you are defining the bit highlighted? On one side it already seems Wally has pissed the whole value of Chernobyl up the wall already, what happens next on that one is anyone’s guess, whilst if you meant the Sags actually bothering to turn up to home games then there’s no hope, they’ve even said how they can’t wait for the clubs with big away followings to visit the dump to make their attendances look good. :facepalm:

14 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

That one who says he never refers to them as ‘The Gas’ calls himself Pusey GAS. So you NEVER use that term huh?

This is a Sag mind. Special breed.

5 hours ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

“Kick a man when he’s down” ?! Sounds like you’ve got two houses .... ! Not too ‘down’ then ?! ✌️??

• Like 2

the attendances at the mem are really bad now. I'm just waiting to see how much worse they are going to get when it gets really cold and horrible.

Insofar as help from the council is concerned, I don't recall us getting much help when we wanted to build a new ground. I know that was a different council though.

In all honesty though, the fruit market does sound like an appropriate venue for that lot.  I can imagine Colin Murray introducing today's big game in League 2 from the fruit market in a couple of years time.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

the attendances at the mem are really bad now. I'm just waiting to see how much worse they are going to get when it gets really cold and horrible.

Insofar as help from the council is concerned, I don't recall us getting much help when we wanted to build a new ground. I know that was a different council though.

In all honesty though, the fruit market does sound like an appropriate venue for that lot.  I can imagine Colin Murray introducing today's big game in League 2 from the fruit market in a couple of years time.

It'll be the first time all the vegetables and strange fruits have arrived at the Fruit Market on foot...

• Haha 1

Delusional Fewers still spouting nonsense!

Chatting to one last night and they seem convinced that Wally is too far in to financially supporting the club to do anything but continue, by pointing out that the family are the best part of 20mil in.

The counter argument of, 'but this is secured against the stadium, so they could put the club in administration and still get their money back' was completely lost on them.

Wonder how their plans are coming along?

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Delusional Fewers still spouting nonsense!

Chatting to one last night and they seem convinced that Wally is too far in to financially supporting the club to do anything but continue, by pointing out that the family are the best part of 20mil in.

The counter argument of, 'but this is secured against the stadium, so they could put the club in administration and still get their money back' was completely lost on them.

Wonder how their plans are coming along?

Indeed. A decent financial adviser would probably suggest moving on and selling the Mem, ready for a new venture.